[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sending letters to prison
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 600x337
I found out that the Basket Ball American, I went to high school with, in pic related was arrested for robbing a pawnshop, with a gun and an accomplice. He was out on bail for second degree assault, which is also a felony, so I'm quite sure he's going up the river.

I knew him a little bit in High School and expected him to at least make it to some small community college on a Basket ball scholarship. (He was pretty good)

I was thinking about sending him a letter in prison, with a Bible or something, in hopes that he turns it all around. What do you guys think, and how would I send him that?
>>
>>17242339
Bump, none of you guys have gone to prison/known somebody who went to prison?
>>
He made the decision to rod the pawn shop.
I wouldn't bother sending a letter and a bible probably won't be allowed.

He needs to want to change and if prison time doesn't help him, it won't matter what you send him.
>>
>>17242339

Send a letter. Burn the Bible.
>>
>>17242392
Yeah, he's got to pay off his debt to society, but I'm wondering if this could help him choose the right path, the Bible's got a lot of wisdom in it.
>>
> He needs to want to change and if prison time doesn't help him, it won't matter what you send him.

A good environment helps someone, a worse one doesn't help them at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17242424
>>
The bible is pretty pointless, send a book of world history or something that he might actually get interested in.
>>
>>17242425
There are stacks of Bibles in prisons. In many it's all you have to read.

Clearly doesn't help the recidivism rate though.
>>
>>17242427
Yeah, he wasn't a criminal as I remember him, besides smoking pot, which usually doesn't lead to robberies.

I think he got in with some bad niggers, like the guy who robbed the pawn shop with him.
>>
>>17242438
>>17242437
Hmm, what book should I send him?

I read Blood Meridian a while ago, that was pretty good, I also finished The Road recently, but I don't know if it should be fiction.
>>
>>17242441
bad niggers

That's like saying dog dogs.
>>
If you send him a letter, I think you should tell him you went to high school with him and that this doesn't have to be the course of his life and that you thought he could have made a college basketball team. I don't know that the Bible would matter.
>>
>>17242446

Honestly don't bother with the book until after the letter and he replies.

If you do send a book only use Amazon and only paperback.
>>
>>17242460
>>17242463
Thanks guys, I'll look into his prison when if/when he gets sentenced in the next coming weeks.
>>
Check the prison rules.

Typically, books have to be sent new, directly from the publisher.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 894x1000
>>17242487
>new directly from the publisher

Really wish I could arrange that with God.
>>
>>17242339
I work in a prison (UK), sending letters does prisoners a world of good, it lets them know about the outside world and gives them something to look forward to.
We don't allow people to send in religious items (that is for the religious volunteers and staff to do with our permission).
Just keep in mind that he might only be able to send so many letters in an allocated time, he will also need a return address.

If you want someone who robs people to have your address, that's your call.
I personally wouldn't send a letter to someone I didn't know.
>>
>>17242499
I live like 5 States over and am armed, we were somewhat friends in high school, and I referred to him sometimes as "my nigga". I don't think he would rob me, but I'm not naive, and understand he could have permanently changed for the worse, either way I found out from google that he could get 4-15 years just for armed robbery, so he won't have any time to visit me soon.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.