[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to stop people having suicidal thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
My friend is having suicidal thoughts. They're a great person and don't deserve it. They think people walk all over them and they don't believe nice things people day to them.
How do I make them value life? How do I make them believe they're valued?
>>
>>17242099

You can't save them, they can only save themselves. It's the sad reality of the matter.
>>
>>17242107
This anon is correct, I've had a friend do the same thing and they only brought me down. I would cut all connection with your friend.
>>
>>17242150
>>17242107
I appreciate the honesty, but how could you leave a friend behind?
>>
>>17242170

I spent over 5 years with the person I loved trying my best to get her out of it, turns out she made me the reasoning for her sadness. If you continue to help it may just end up turning around on you .

So I chose to leave, for her sake

It's ultimately up to you what you want to do but just remember the odds are stacked against you because they will always choose to set themselves up for failure and everyone else around them as well if you give them the chance, it's just the nature of the beast.

Goodluck.
>>
>>17242194
If she blames you then she's probably rather selfish and no matter what you would have done, that would have probably happened anyway. It was for the best, anon.
As for my friend, they haven't turned on me yet. I don't mind trying to run uphill because it's still worth it to me.
Thank you.
>>
>>17242170
Has your friend tried any seeing anyone or using medication?
>>
>>17242194
Well a girl who was just like yours fell in love with me and I had to reject her advances due to her apparent depression (I was afraid that it"d turn out just like the way it turned out for you).
I kinda felt bad for her and ashamed of myself for not giving her a chance but seeing your post made me realize I made the right decision.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.