[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the pros and cons of waiting to have sex? This could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1436086995321.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1436086995321.gif
2 MB, 500x281
What are the pros and cons of waiting to have sex? This could mean waiting for marriage, for love, or just for it to happen naturally. None of those three scenarios have happened for me as a 24 year old guy, and this isn't really a problem as I'm fairly conservative. However, lately I've started to wonder if I'm missing out by not having casual sex and trying to bed different women. My roommate is constantly going out and bringing different women home, I always hear him doing it in his room late at night on weekends. Should I be doing what he's doing? It piques my curiosity.
>>
>>17241905
If you were raised in a conservative household, the pros of waiting for sex are a sense of self-respect.

You've internalized this concept as something positive, and if you try to break from it, you might feel like you're doing something bad and lose confidence.

The cons are you're missing out on seeing if you actually like casual sex or not. In my opinion, we should experience everything life has to offer, since you only get to do it once, and making mistakes is a great way to grow as a person.
>>
>>17241920
This. Try it out so you can At least know if you like it or not.

I did, and realized casual sex is not for me. You might feel the same, or you might be a horndog. But at least you'll know
>>
>>17241920
Yea just have casual sex once!

>contract aids/hiv/ect

Why bother?
>>
>>17241955
Because you'll use a condom?
>>
>>17241955
You can still use condoms. You don't have to go all out no protection, sharing heroin needles, etc.
>>
>>17241964
>>17241967
Condoms are not 100% effective op, if your willing to take that risk, go for it.
>>
>>17241976
Neither is going out on the street; you could get run over.

Neither is doing anything in life. But if you just stay in your room your whole life living in fear, you won't live your life.
>>
>>17241905
Pros:
-No stds
-no pregnancy
-no drama

Cons:
-no sex
-means you're not as developed, sexually
-missing out on bonding with someone you care about in a unique way.
>>
>>17241983
Op, "living your life" is entirely subjective, don't let this fool tell you living a certain way is "living your life", life come with risks but obvious ones such as sex with someone you just met having potentially life changing consequences is not worth. Find one person and spend time with them
>>
fapping > sex

from my experience

safer, quicker, more satisfying
>>
>>17242311
Also imo, the girls that would let you fuck them as one night stand are mostly disgusting. The higher IQ the higher virgin age - it's statistics. Now that I've fucked some in my lief I can say you are not missing on anything. Relationship with the right person - this is the shit, sex is just an add on then.
>>
>>17241905
Just do whatever the heck you want to do. You won't die if you have casual sex and find out you don't like it. I know it seems like a boundary that needs to be kept sacred, but that's probably just based on what you'd believe others would think of you. As someone who's had casual sex two times, I won't argue that it's amazing.. But I suggest you try it for yourself to have the experience, since you're obviously somewhat interested.
>>
Honestly, because I was curious and decided I didn't want to wait, I paid a hooker to have sex with me and it wasn't the great experience that is expected. Some people are different. Some people like to have different women in bed while others prefer to have sex with someone that they have an emotional connection.

My advice is to try it so that way you won't be wondering anymore.
>>
>>17241920
> making mistakes is a great way to grow as a person

second dumbest thing I've heard all day
>>
>>17242423
It's true though.

Ask anyone in any profession ever, and they'll tell you you only get good by failing and learning from your mistakes.

Life is the same way.
>>
>>17241905
Don't do it, anon.
Virgin men are precious jewels.
Casual sex is stupid, and if you're actually conservative, you won't get drawn into the hedonism.>>17241905
>>
>>17242440
> ask anyone in your profession

I'm a doctor. When someone in my profession makes a mistake, people die or have a really shitty time.

DERP
>>
>>17241955
>>17241967
>>17242294
this is b8
>>
>>17242455
So you're saying you never made a mistake when practicing a procedure in college?

BS lol

I have friends who are med students and it is rough as heck. You are bound to mess up a whole damn lot while studying, so that you learn how not to mess up when you actually start working.
>>
>>17242449
You made me feel like a precious jewel anon kun.
21 y/o Virgin man. Could have lost virginity back when i was 16 but she was a Town slut, a walking tray of teenage Boys ejeculation. I'll wait for the right one.
Then emtpy out my Mag of sexual frustration on her body.
>>
>>17242532
You're welcome anonkun.
My bf was a virgin before me and it is extra special.
>>
>>17242532
Also I think none before marriage is the ideal --though I'm not religious --but its really difficult to hold it up in this society.
>>
>>17242569
What's special about him not having sex before you? Girls I met usually like experienced men who can give them a whole package.
>>
>>17242449
To who?
>>
>>17242449
>>17242532
>>17242569
All of this. My partner was a virgin too and that's ideal.

>>17242627
>>17242690
Generally other girls who are also conservative/virgin by choice. I think it's much more special that way and shows they have compatible values, self-control, self-respect, and forethought.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.