[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kept in touch with teacher from high school. Is it OK for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 9922829_orig.jpg (146 KB, 607x598) Image search: [Google]
9922829_orig.jpg
146 KB, 607x598
Kept in touch with teacher from high school. Is it OK for me to tell him that I learned French as I have a French online friend whom I later visited in France?
>>
Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.
>>
What? Was your teacher a French teacher?
>>
>>17240434
No he is not. I didn't study any foreign languages in high school
>>
Then just present it at the right time in the most non-retarded way possible.
>>
>>17240441
He was talking about his son learning foreign languages. Is that even related to me learning French with the help of an online friend? Like he says that his son does well learning foreign languages and I want to tell him how I managed to learn French when I live in an area with no French locals.
>>
>>17240447
Then maybe just mention you met the friend somewhere else other than the Internet, I would have no problem with it but people are pretty judgmental about that shit these days.
>>
>>17240456
>people are pretty judgmental about that shit these days
Really? A few days ago, I saw a girl posting about his online friend is hesitating about meeting her as his family will distrust her and a lot of people were saying how he does not value their friendship and is probably using his family as an excuse as they can't be that judgemental
>>
>>17240463
It's complicated man, I don't really mind it but I just try to steer clear of mentioning the Internet because it has the negative connotation that I barely know them and that for all I know they could be an axe murderer and all that bs.
>>
>>17240474
I agree
And you are kind of right about that part. Lol can I even trust my French online friend. Like he is sort of like a best buddy to me but I don't know if he is really who he says he is.
Usually I don't really trust people I've met online as well, but he is an exception
>>
>>17240480
I think it's always good to have some sense of like distrust because if in the slim chance that he is an axe murderer God forbid, then you wouldn't want to take any chances. He can be your friend, but just use logic and fair judgement to determine if he's a real or fake.
>>
>>17240485
Well I think he is real. His photo appeared on the Facebook page of this charity (volunteering event) so I assume that is really him
How strange is it for a best buddy to be an online friend?
>>
>>17240488
Then I'd say he's most likely real, but always keep your own interests in mind. Personally I don't think it's weird to have internet buddies, it's cool that humans can connect intangibly like that.
>>
>>17240494
but still, dont you find it a bit weird for a best friend to be an online friend? you were the one who said people online can never be 100% tursted
>>
>>17240502
In some cases it's a bit weird, but personally I'm alright with it. Although you can never 100% trust them, that goes for a lot of people that aren't online friends even. It's all just discretion and your own interests that you gotta have in mind.
>>
>>17240513
Oh and that charity is a very small charity in his town without an official website (only a Facebook, Picasa blogspot page). Is it reputable and is that really him?
>>
>>17240516
It's hard to say, sometimes it's just a faith type of thing, you know? I'd assume if it has multiple pages on multiple platforms, and the information at least seems credible, then he's probably alright.
>>
>>17240523
>multiple pages on multiple platforms
Yeah
And agree that it is faith. For some reason, I trust him a lot. A good thing or bad thing?
>>
>>17240526
It's good, because you've built that relationship with him. Just make sure to stay true to yourself and don't let him manipulate you and shit if he does happen to be a fake. Not saying he is and that you should see him as a fake, but just stay keen know what I mean?
>>
Goddam, op. You are awkward as a guy with a twisty straw up the anus
>>
>>17240530
Yeah I get what you mean
Well, you are the one who said that having a best friend who is an online friend is stange
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.