[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so you've most likely heard of this case if you use any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
File: 1441923920139.jpg (29 KB, 584x558) Image search: [Google]
1441923920139.jpg
29 KB, 584x558
so you've most likely heard of this case if you use any social media and how terrible it was, but am I a bad person if I am not really shaken by it? Even couldn't bring myself to read the victim's letter because it all seemed so melodramatic (as are many things posted by buzzfeed). Not defending the rapist at all, it was messed up he got the short sentence he did. I just don't see what all the hubbub is about now that he's locked up and socially fucked for the rest of his life.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, am I a bad person if I didn't really care about this? I feel like I should have but I just don't
>>
>>17240268
The letter was cringeworthy evanescence-tier shit.
>>
>>17240277
thank you! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought it wasn't that great! God I thought I was a terrible, heartless person. I have total sympathy for rape victims, but it just seemed like a bit much yknow?
>>
>>17240285
People are mad that his status as a rich white boy got him out of any kind of reasonable sentence, that's all. It's indignation at the injustice of the system. You don't have to feel upset or anything.
>>
>>17240268
There are ~6 999 999 999 people somewhere outside. All the bad news are just statistic. Only the media are trying hard to earn cash by any means necessary. The justise has been served, who cares anymore?

>i am bad?
I don't know mate, I just read about bombing attacks getting more and more frequent in the "middle east" and I don't care anymore. I guess people can get used to any shit. Stay strong.
>>
>>17240290
I just read a lot of "I read the letter and started crying myself. God it was so powerful. the poor girl, that vile rapist, his disgusting dad." and a series a petitions wanting to impeach the judge who sentenced him.

it seemed like I had missed something
>>
>>17240294
There is injustice, sure. It's not right what happened. I think the emotional reaction people have had is very overstated, aside from being pissed off. They just want to seem super empathetic or whatever so they act like they cri everytiem
>>
>>17240290
Six months in the clink is plenty of time for that kid to get his preppy ass raped in prison.

He'll get raped and equilibrium will be restored to the universe.
>>
>>17240310
he's not going to prison, he's in county jail, and his sentence was reduced to 3 mos.
>>
>>17240291
>I just read about bombing attacks getting more and more frequent in the "middle east" and I don't care anymore
i have a very morbid view on terrible things happening these days as well. They've just stopped affecting me emotionally and I just hope for the best for those who had to endure it

>>17240302
>so they act like they cri everytiem
definitely a fair statement on the media and its reaction to these kinds of things.
>>
>>17240312
Plenty of time for him to get uncomfortably groped, then.
>>
>>17240315
i don't think they'll take a rich kid to a real jail. Probably go to the country club prison they usually send rich people to
>>
>>17240321
Democracy at its finest.
>>
>>17240268
it really wasn't a big deal

one beer less and it would have been consensual

he didn't even rape her

bee tee dubs he was drunk too so she raped him
>>
>>17240315
be honest with yourself here, nothing is gonna happen to him.
>>
>>17240325
she was unconscious, and digital rape is still rape. you can rape someone with a broom handle, if they're penetrated against their will it's rape
>>
>>17240325
Lol
>>
>>17240328
These little entitled buggerers always get their due. They push it and push it until daddy can't bail them out any more. This might have not been his undoing, but he'll one up himself next time until even his money and connections won't spare him.
>>
Is rape actually bad?
This girl likely had already fucked a lot of guys before this incident so what's the whole stigma against getting fucked without consent? Like there's no purity that's being stolen from you what really is the big fucking deal? This baffles me.
>>
>>17240349
Nice bait
>>
File: 1455177366710.jpg (15 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1455177366710.jpg
15 KB, 600x375
>>17240349
>>
File: 1464935706773.jpg (22 KB, 466x470) Image search: [Google]
1464935706773.jpg
22 KB, 466x470
Nah. I mean it's horrible what happened, but life is fucking horrible. I'm sorry for the woman and I hope she gets support, but anyone who's been on the internet has likely seen something shocking such as dogs beaten with shovels, or ISIS lighting people on fire while they burn to death or god knows what else.

In the scheme of things, its just another bad event. More evidence the justice system needs an overhaul, but its hardly anything new.

>>17240325
>bee tee dubs he was drunk too so she raped him
She was unconscious m8. Its ludicrous to try to say this is a matter of her regretting it and declaring rape.
>>
>>17240362
>>17240363
Am I Sociopath or something I mean I wouldn't rape someone but is it that BIG of a deal?
What's the actual problem? Lack of control of the situation? Can't choose the sausage that's down your moist hole this once out of 20 times you've fucked a dude this week?
>>
The problem is that isn't even the right mugshot. His sentenced has also been reduced to 3 months doesn't have to be in general pop AND gets a fucking cell phone. The dad is a fucking moron and everything he said in his stupid defense could be applied x5 to the person he raped.
>>
>>17240372
Ur goin all out huh
>>
>>17240395
Do you have an actual argument or response or is that really hard for a retard to type out?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 399x292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 399x292
>>
Sentence isn't even that unreasonable. Considering they can't prove she didn't consent, she wasn't dragged there, or was passed out beforehand etc. He also never did anything other than fingerbang and is only a first time offedner 18 year old creep.
>>
>>17240746
>He also never did anything other than fingerbang
I heard that bit was consensual anyway.
>>
Rapists should get the death penalty, but that would take a Constitutional amendment thanks to Furman v. Georgia (an otherwise fine case, but the decision overreached horribly in that particular aspect). 25-to-life would be acceptable as a bow to pragmatism.
>>
>>17240763
look a this toastie roastie
>>
>>17240763
He was never concivted of rape
>>
>>17240764
That would be difficult, seeing as I'm male. I'm just not a total fucking disgrace.
>>
>>17240268
>but am I a bad person if I am not really shaken by it?
No. We all get affected by different things.

I don't understand why Aileen Wuornos is such a big deal when far more interesting cases are obscure as fuck, I'm sick to death of hearing about Nazis and terrorists, I thought Brokeback Mountains was boring as fuck, and I still have no interest in Avatar.
Not everything that the public declares important is going to be of interest to you.

Personally I find this case very interesting and a good example of an important issue, but it's no problem if it just doesn't push your buttons if you still understand that sexual assault is wrong.

And the fact that it's simply an example is why the case has become so popular - it's not that the case itself is particularly exceptional, it's precisely that it's pretty 'standard' that people are getting outraged, because it illustrates an important and longstanding overall issue, and is an easy example for people to unite behind. Worse shit has happened in the past, this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.
And it has a strong enough voice from the victim that everyone feels okay about making a lot of noise over it, since she's joining in on that and there's no pressure to let it die out of respect so that she can let her life go back to normal.

So there's reasons why it's caught on. That doesn't mean you have to be interested. Even if those reasons had anything to do with the severity of the crime, it doesn't mean you have to be interested.
>>
>>17240776
sure thing buddy
>>
>>17240396
lmao
>>
>>17240763
If they increased the sentence, they would also have to make the law a lot stricter about what constitutes rape and how the burden of proof is met.

In short, a drugged person would probably need a blood test before the drugs left their system, and most cases would require physical evidence (and that would negate a lot of genuine rape cases because the culprits are clever enough to not leave that kind of evidence.)

Or you would be condemning quite a few innocent men with spiteful partners/one night stands being locked away for effectively half their remaining years (assuming they don't die in prison first.)

If the conviction rate was 100% rapists only and all rapists got caught, that would be great and that sort of sentence would be perfect, but we don't live in a perfect world, and an increase in the sentence now would effectively punish the victims more often than the culprits.
>>
>>17240268
Sensationalist media and dumb people just like to jump to conclusions quickly. This is the most overblown story of the year, bar none.

What most likely happened is:
>Both of them are drunk
>they go to his dorm to fuck
>On the way they fall over
>The guy offers to finger-bang her
>2 white-knights appear out of nowhere
>They completely misjudge the situation and assault the guy
>Guy gets scared and runs
>The woman gets embarrassed and starts accusing him of rape
>The lie spins out of control and she just goes with it
>In fear of being outed as a liar - she writes an incredibly exaggerated, fake-sounding letter to appeal to peoples emotions
>>
>>17240763
But that would mean prisons would be filled with even more niggers.
>>
I think it's fair to be mad that some rich white athlete gets a light sentence for being a rich white athlete.

As far as rape goes, being fingered isn't the worst; I've been there. It still sucks to be violated like that, and it can be painful, but there's no risk of pregnancy or STDs. But I'd be pretty pissed off if someone did that to me while I was unconscious. Even so, the rapist's judgement was badly impaired by the alcohol he imbibed, so it's more understandable than someone just targeting a woman while sober and dragging her into a bush.

So I do think people are overreacting a little, but I can understand where the outrage comes from.
>>
>>17240858
>>The woman gets embarrassed and starts accusing him of rape

/World
>>
>>17240873
>rich white athlete
>White

Go back to Tumblr
>>
>>17240858
The woman was lying on the ground behind a dumpster with her dress pulled over her face, I think any decent person passing by would take that as a red flag.
>>
>>17240890
I only mention white because a black athlete served years in prison for a rape that he didn't commit.

>being this much of a baby
Go back to your mother's uterus.
>>
>>17240813
I wonder, what is the current rate of rape exonerations: cases where someone has been convicted of rape but later cleared?

I am not one of those people who think we should be lowering the standard of proof in rape cases, nor switching the buden of proof. I don't even support affirmative-consent laws, for precisely that reason. But I suspect that the current standard of proof is plenty strict enough that we could ratchet up the standard of sentencing to something approaching a proper deterrent and recidivism-reducer. Current rules simply do not cut it. If you want to convince mw otherwise, I'm going to need to see a high exoneration rate: not failure to convict, but false conviction.

Then again, I also believe that a positive defense (i.e. any defense where one admits to doing the deed but argues that it was not a crime, as in self-defense, necessity, consent, and so on) should be an automatic true bill: skip the grand jury and go straight to trial. When you admit to having done the deed, shit's got to get sorted out at a trial level, with proper standards of evidence and proof in place.
>>
>>17240858
This desu senpai

Key facts that the media has been leaving out
>No DNA proof that they had PIV sex (making this a sexual assault case instead of the rape narrative they are pushing)
>She has a boyfriend
>She was blackout drunk and could not remember the night
>She gave consent to everything that happened

This is just another case of a girl using the rape card to cheat on her bf.
After watching this shitshow Ive given up on believing any of these so called "rapes" and "rape culture".
>>
>>17240372
>diseases
>pregnancy risk
>trust issues, of others and self
>self-blame, mostly thanks to ignorant yokels like you
>own body will be an inescapable reminder of what happened
>>
>>17240858
People like you are why rape victims are afraid to come forward. Please kill yourself.
>>
File: image.png (84 KB, 245x316) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84 KB, 245x316
>it's a 4chan defends rape episode
>>
>>17240268
>so you've most likely heard of this case if you use any social media and how terrible it was, but am I a bad person if I am not really shaken by it?
No. The ones who are freaking out about it are on the same tier as the ones who shed tears over steve jobs death.
>>
>>17240890
Acknowledging that America's criminal justice system is flawed and not being a stormfront racist doesn't make you a tumblirina
>>
>>17240290
>People are mad that his status as a rich white boy got him out of any kind of reasonable sentence
You don't think half a year in the slammer is reasonable for fingering someone?

Alternatively, do you think justice would be served by getting him drunk and stroking his dick for a couple minutes? And do you think he'd prefer jail over that?
>>
She should also go to jail for making horrible decisions.

>Goes to party without her bf
>Gets so drunk she supposedly can't make rational decisions

The guy is pathetic for having to rely on getting a woman drunk to get laid, but then again he was also shit-faced. They both made terrible decisions, but she gets a pass because she's a rich, white female. He gets blasted because he's the epitome of satan in current times - well off white male. That said, I fully endorse "victim" blaming in this case.
>>
>>17241076
You're so ignorant and stupid, you might as well keel living, since your death wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>17240400
>doyouthinkthisisamotherfuckinggame.jpg
>>
>>17241114
He wasn't so drunk that he couldn't run away as soon as he was caught in the act.
>>
>>17241037
>facts

If those are facts, then you should have no trouble providing a source. Your ass doesn't count btw.
>>
>>17240268
Oh I fully agree and support your decision OP.

I wish everyone would just stop caring about the dramatic conflicts of people that are too stupid to breath. Rape and other similar crimes are just... like.. why would anyone do those things? And then you get women throwing the "rape card" left right and center because that's all anyone cares about. Even if it ruins an innocent guy's life, the woman gets off with a slap on the wrist if anything. It's cases like Brock Turner's that just messes up society in general and I wish people would just stop.... committing crimes and violence and shit. It breed abuse. Abuse against laws designed to protect actual victims.

Fuck. OP. Thank you for showing me that there are some people out there that couldn't give a shit, if at least for the right reasons.
>>
>>17241388
So you're saying Brock Turner is innocent and a victim of the "rape card".
>>
>>17240782
The father's letter really added a lot of fuel to the fire as well.
>>
>>17241434
That guy is a total cunt. You can really see how him raising a son would result in that entitled cunt mentality.
>>
>>17240268
This whole case is fucktarded and represents modern rape culture as a whole.

Fat whale was drunk, both were flirting, she invited him to go somewhere else, gets finger blasted, then gets super butt blasted because she doesn't want her boyfriend thinking she's a cheater. Then she goes to the cops. It's such a joke, I seriously would hate to be a guy on a college campus these days
>>
>>17240372
There is a big defference between choosing (!) to fuck 20 guys and getting forcefully fucked

Just use simple empathy here - think of a person you don't want to have sex with, some old fat dude to make it more dramatic, and then imagine them raping your asshole

I know, it's easier to think of humans as just animals, and we are that, but I like to think that we are at least trying to be something more. and making concensual love is defently a step in the right derection
>>
>>17241474
Source for your claims?
>>
File: BUDDHISM.gif (28 KB, 306x386) Image search: [Google]
BUDDHISM.gif
28 KB, 306x386
You're jaded. We all are.

You can't see and listen to the constant barrage of suffering we are exposed to and remain soft hearted.
>>
Six months is a perfectly reasonable punishment, if you disagree then you're racist
>>
>>17241365
So because he could still walk means he wasn't badly impaired? I am glad that isn't the standard for DUI convictions.

Even if she couldn't walk and he could does that somehow eliminate her responsibility to exercise proper judgment? After reading her letter, she comes across as a spoiled brat with a victim complex who takes no responsibility for her own actions.

They are both guilty of being morons and that is all.
>>
>>17241561
>spoiled brat with a victim complex who takes no responsibility for her own actions
You're describing the guy here. In what world do you live in where, if you see a drunk unconscious girl, it means it's a free pass to do whatever you want with her body? Any half-decent guy would make sure she gets home safely.

>could still walk
He ran.
>>
>>17241603
Agreed, he should have been a gentleman and it's what I would hope from people. That said, what he did does not at all excuse her from her own contribution to the situation. They are both shitty decision makers, but he is being punished disproportionately more harshly than she is for the same poor decision making.
>>
>>17240321
Feel free to show me the 'country club' prison where he might go.
>>
>>17240334
If any level of penetration for a woman equals rape, does just rubbing up against a penis equal rape?
I'm curious.
>>
>>17241005
>ratchet up the sentencing
The overwhelming majority of people who do these things don't think about the sentence, even if it's +30 years, it wouldn't change.
And 6 months (3 I suppose now, but reduced sentencing is the norm), is more than enough to likely ruin the entire future this guy and his family saw for him.
Studies have shown increased prison times don't reduce recidivism rates, and likely increase them because after a long enough period of time they stop valuing their freedom in the same way. They write themselves off as a lost cause.
>>
>>17241091
>America's justice system is flawed
Sentencing is America is longer than any other country in the western hemisphere or Europe.
In Sweden, this guy would be on probation/community service.
Luis Gravito raped, tortured (for prolonged periods of time), and murderd up to 300+ young boys, a 172 of which he is currently convicted of. Sentenced to 40 years (their max), and reduced to 22 for cooperation and may be reduced further for good behavior.
So he might live long enough to be set free in 2021 (5 years away).
Pedro Lopez admitted to killing(and raping) over 300 little girls from ages 8-12, across the countries of Ecuador, Columbia and Peru.
He got 20 years and was released in 1998.
His whereabouts have been unknown since his release (hope to god someone snuffed him out that very day).

I can recall reading about a rich serial killer from Romania that was set free at one point too. Also 'whereabouts unknown'.
>>
>>17240268
he has an annoying baby face. He should go to jail for his face.
>>
>>17240921
My bf and i got in a fight and he locked me
Out of
Our hotel
Room naked. No shoes. It was pouring rain.

Cops were male and accused me
Of being a prostitute and tried to put
Me in jail before a female
Cop
Walked by and was like ...
Ummm wtf she got in a fight and her bf locked her out of the hotel room she paid for. Come on, I am giving her a ride home.
>>
>>17241761
I'd rather you did a night in the pokey to teach you a lesson.
You chose a fucking asshole/idiot, which likely means you are one as well.

Sympathy level: 0
>>
>>17241769
Im notasking for sympathy...
I am just stating an example that if you find a naked woman or a woman with her skirt over her head, the automatic male assumption is not "oh no danger rape victim"
>>
>>17241772
Nor should it be.
We were both drinking and being jerks.

I pity men on campuses now because women think they can turn these cases into media sensations to get their own lives going. I have been raped. Once on my 16th bday a couple of friends got someone to buy us alcohol and party with us. He drove everyone home but didnt drop me off. My phone died and he drove around all night refusing to take me home. Parked and bought a hotel room after several hours. I was about to pass out and laid on the bed and he took off my shorts and raped me. He was a gross small dick weirdo and the next day he dropped me off at my house. It was a shit experience and a lesson not to get drunk with strangers esp when underage.
>>
>>17241757
That's because America's prisons are like a quarantine and other countries actually try to rehabilitate their criminals.
>>
>>17241783
Do you feel that event has effected your overall live and well being?
>>
>>17241783
That's a shitty lesson to learn the hard way.
Despite me being kind of an asshole, I don't wish such experiences on anyone.

Do you feel like you were ever warned about the kind of behavior that allowed it to take place?
That's not blame.
I'm just curious as to what girls who experience this were taught or not taught beforehand. Did you have two parents? Were they both present in your life? Were they good people? Were they alcoholics or did they use drugs? Are either of them a felon?
You don't have to answer any of them.
Even if you came from a perfect high society family or the exact opposite.

I honestly wish there was a way to teach kids the right thing to keep them from all the terrible suffering that is out there.
>>
>>17241793
The added costs of rehabilitation programs are hard to swallow.

My suggestion is that more people CCW and shoot their attackers so they can't reoffend.
Of course, that's not going to help people who are fall down drunk or drugged senseless.
>>
>>17240268
I don't blame you OP. If the kid was black, Latino or Asian nobody would care. But he's a white sports hero so it's all over the media. No different If he was a black kid and got shot it would be all over the media.

My point is, this isn't anything new. Is it vile that he raped a passed out drunk girl? Of course. Just like Roman Polanski the law needs to ignore age, race, social status or gender. Give em' cold hard justice.

Now the victim is no saint either, she was drinking heavily (Apparently under age for hitting the Zima) and well... Got her dumb ass raped.

So slap her on the wrist for underage drinking and give Brock hell for being a jack ass. There everyone is happy and held for their stupid actions. Now about that gorilla that got shot!
>>
>>17241794
Well I think it is true that once raped there is something that type of man smells about you.

But, generally speaking. No.
I was very depressed for a while but I got scholarship to spend a year abroad, enjoyed college and made good friends, got on with my life.

I was raped again, this time much more violently, 10 years later though. That has affected me
Badly.

The first time I was drunk and I made really dumb choices. I was flirting with danger. And I knew it.

The second time I was victimized by a recent aquaintance who plotted the whole thing and got me alone and outpowwered me (he was some fat ass low life with a history of violence). No surprise he was also a little dick loser an dhe cme in like 2 seconds bc it was all about the power but it was really traumatic and I had to get a restraining order.

A woman who is raped with force is different than a woman raped because she went out drinking with a guy and let herself go... Adults sometimes have hookups they regret or dont remember and ddont cry rape.
College kids are encouraged to do so.
>>
>>17241802
Of course I KNEW not to be alone with a stranger adult. But it was my 16 bday, my parents had recently gotten divorced and I ws an only child stuck in the middle, and i had run into my ex that day. I was feeling bad and acting reckless. I put myself
In a position where something bad could happen and it did.
>>
>>17241852
Thank you for your reply.
>>
>>17241822
>If the kid was black, Latino or Asian nobody would care. But he's a white sports hero so it's all over the media

If you were old enough to browse this site you would have heard of the OJ Simpson. The fact was he got away with something only because of money rather than justice.

Not everything is about race, you drooling stormfag.
>>
>>17241070
but WHAT happened?
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.