[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody with an anxiety disorder deal with months-long periods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 938x659) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 938x659
Anybody with an anxiety disorder deal with months-long periods of time when it seems really bad?
Been having to deal with bad anxiety for about the past two and a half months, basically since about march22nd or something. Started after a month or so of drinking too often, not sleeping enough, and not eating enough.
Was improving until I took a trip out of town about a month in and barely slept all weekend and got fucked up one night. Thought going a month sober/taking it easy would help and little by little it was but it got really bad again the week before last to the point where I was afraid to leave home. While it's improved significantly since than I'm still kinda shady about drinking again or doing anything really physical since that makes it worse too.
I know it takes time to get over these things as it'd happened to me before but I don't remember feeling this shitty two months in. Also this time it seems to be coupled with this weird depressed feeling. Its kind of like deja vu but it feels a little more intense. Like random shit will remind me of an ugly feeling in a dream i had or some nonexistent childhood memory.
I know "see a psychiatrist faggot" and all that but I'm just curious if anyone else goes through this.
>>
>>17239891
I also have fairly consistent derealization all the time but the past few months it's gotten really intense. Especially with that deja vu feeling thing. It sometimes feels as if I'm a completely different person living a completely different life than my own.
I also don't regularly take any meds for anxiety since it's normally not that bad although I have been taking alprazolam the past two months, mostly when I have a bad week. Been a week since i took any.
>>
>>17239891
Also feel free to just vent because I know this shits frustrating as hell and it helps.
>>
>>17239891
Bump
>>
>>17239891
I mean I know im not talking about problems with women like most of the people on this board but nobody?
>>
Yup I've had times when it's been worse. Usually it has to do with stressors or recent or upcoming changes in my life. Like, if something major happens in one part of my life, I get more anxious about everything for a while. I think it's pretty normal for that to happen if you have an anxiety disorder.

Lack of sleep and poor nutrition will definitely make anxiety worse.I don't drink much but I guess I could see excessive alcohol use throwing a person's body off kilter or having a rebound effect after the alcohol-related relaxation wears off.

I'm sure you've noticed anxiety kinda feeds off itself too. So if you start to avoid or have anxiety reactions to something, it's harder to not get anxious about it. Then you have to go to extra effort to undo that. Shitsux.

But yeah it's not just you.
>>
>>17240365
Yeah it does feed off itself. I'm already at the point where if I'm keeping busy I kinda forget it's there and then once I think about how I've been feeling for the past few months I'll remember the feeling of panicking and the derealization that comes with it. It'll trigger a brief anxiety attack and thats whats still bothering me. When I'm at normal levels of anxiety I can think about when it's been bad and just shrug it off like nothing.
>>
yeah. Mine mostly waxes and wanes but for the past couple of months I just feel like there's this ball of anxiety sitting in my stomach ready to claw it's way up my throat. It's an honest tangible thing to me and I'm playing a constant game of seeing how long I can take it before I break down and take my medication. But it doesn't stop it's back when I wake up and we start the game again
>>
>>17240537
Thats how i was a couple weeks ago. Id basically try to go as long as possible without taking xanax until it was unbearable then it'd calm down for a day or so and then it'd build up again. I notice it seems to hit right as the sun goes down.
Lately it feels like its waiting in the back of my head and waiting for me to either fuck up and give it room to come pouring back. Seems to come back when i take a midday nap. Like I'll wake up all depressed and feeling unreal and it gradually subsidies over the next fee hours. How long you been dealing with this?
>>
>>17240551
anxiety in general? Years
this bad and constant? Just the past few months.
I've been telling my family and friends I'm feeling a bit sick whenever they notice anything off. It's not wholly a lie I'm constantly nauseous
>>
>>17240591
Yeah same, not really nauseous just lethargic as fuck.
Been dealing with this for about 5 years. It usually only bothers me when hungover but yeah the past few months have been hell. Had another bad bout of this late 2014. The worst of it lasted about a month with about three months total of shittiness. Didn't go back to being normal again until about 6 months after it started.
>>
>>17240676
Sorry for late response, trying to learn physics.
>>
>>17240676
I keep trying to fight it by telling myself it's just chemicals. Chemicals in my brain that aren't where they're meant to be. Sometimes I have the upper hand for a day or two but it doesn't last. The most I can do is fall asleep and reset the process. I'm starting to feel bitter about it desu. I look at people and think "I bet you don't need pills to feel safe".
>>
>>17240756
Yeah I still go out and chill with my friends but im afraid to drink(it sucks because I usually love to) and I kind of envy them and think "you're so lucky you can do what you want and need to do and not worry about your brain being a dick."
Gotta go to sleep soon. Dreading it and putting it off atm because I keep having dreams in which I have intense anxiety and/or sadness. I wish I could at least enjoy sleeping.
Fuck it hopefully this doesn't last much more than a few more months.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.