[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need advice from the nerds of /adv I'm currently getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (12 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12 KB, 512x512
I need advice from the nerds of /adv

I'm currently getting a larger education in the field of IT, and will soon be attending the university with it aswell (most likely IT and economy)

I live in Europe, Denmark to be specific.
When I'm done at the university, I have a dream of getting a work at Google, in America.

Does anyone have experiences here? What are my chances?

Thanks
>>
>>17238451
>When I'm done at the university, I have a dream of getting a work at Google, in America.

google has campuses in tons of countries in europe. germany is the one i know of but i'm pretty sure you don't need to go to america.

it's hard to get into google, but if you're good at what you do you have a pretty good shot. just have a bunch of sideprojects on your offtime that show skill and inventiveness.
>>
>>17238462
I have ton og family In America, and always wanted to stay for longer than 2-4 weeks visiting.

But yeah, I do a lot of programming in my spare time.
Thanks!
>>
>live in a country with better wages and a higher standard of living than the US.
>want to immigrate to the US anyway
google is pretty picky about whom they hire, I don't think you're smart enough to make the cut.
>>
>>17238487
>i make all of my life decisions by statistical averages
>I don't think you're smart

pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>17238487
>Speak 5 languages almost fluent
>Over 10 certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, Citrix, Prince2, ITIL etc)
>Been programming for about 8-10 years and know atleast 5 languages

You sure? Not to sound cocky or anything, but I know a lot of stuff regarding IT.
>>
>>17238500
>statistical
I don't make my life decisions that way, I answer vague autonomous questions asked in broken English that way.
>averages
we both know you're pretty average
>>
>>17238451

Your chances are what you make of it OP.

There's plenty of material out there, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/opinion/sunday/friedman-how-to-get-a-job-at-google.html?hp&rref=opinion&_r=1

I am from Denmark too and I know quite a few people that work at Google :-). It's not impossible.
>>
>>17238527
>autonomous questions

how do you know ops english is broken if you dont know english yourself
>>
>>17238451
Eyy another danish guy here, where do you study? and what do you study?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.