[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women: First date that's not dinner and movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: d.jpg (43 KB, 600x373) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
43 KB, 600x373
The reason I don't ask out women at my college is because when you ask someone out, you usually have a date in mind. Thing is, I like DOING SOMETHING when on a date. I hate sitting at a table or watching a movie for a first date. It feels cliche, boring, and forced.

nb4 "Ask her to something you already enjoy and could go out and do together"
>Hiking/Camping/Rowing
>Shooting guns at the range
>Walk in the park/picnic

None of those things would make good first dates because
>I imagine she'd think I was a serial killer if I asked her to go hiking with me for a first date
>How would I not come across as a school shooter?
>I've done this before, but I feel like it comes across as I'm a sensitive/romantic, which I'm not.

I've also thought about a simple "Let's go downtown and goof around" but I'd imagine that would also come across as unplanned and not giving a shit.

I can handle relationships just fine, but the first date is always a hard thing for me to grasp. So what's a good idea for a first date for college students?
>>
>>17237009
Also, is the dinner/and/or/movie a hurdle that everyone just has to get past, or is there a way around it?
>>
>>17237009
Umm I've gone with a woman to go shoot , clays and targets and she loved it. Not just serial killers go shooting.
>>
>>17237009
I REALLY like going to movies on dates, but perhaps it isn't a first date thing. Why not just get some coffee or go for lunch? Sounds cliché, but who cares? People choose to go on dates to these places because they work and are familiar.
>>
>>17237017
Fuck the film and go for coffee / dinner and then go see some live music or theatre or whatever you're both interested in. Or sit and make conversation. Better to figure it out early whether either of you have anything to say to each other.
>>
I think movies and dinner are a good, no-pressure first date. If you don't like it, then try something like going to the zoo or museum or something. If it goes well, you can extend it to getting coffee or dinner or something. Live shows are also a good option
>>
>>17237009
Just go for lunch or dinner, you fucking special snowflake. The purpose of the first date is to talk to her, get to know her better. Then you can start doing things that you both like. Don't drag her into some shit she has no interest in because you want to be non-conventional.
>>
Dinner is fine if you know how to converse. Don't bother with the movie.
>>
LOL it's not that deep, don't think so hard about it.

Some of the best dates I've had were just coffee dates. It's good bc it could be a short date, or a long date depending if ya'll hit it off. Plus the quiet atmosphere allows us to talk and on a first date I want to get to know about you. It's cool you want to go out and do stuff but if that's not doable that day for whatever reason, coffee is fine.

I don't like movie dates that much bc we can't get to know each other. An arcade or something would be cool. Hiking is fine for me, as long as it's not a tinder-date or someone I didn't previously know.

I mean honestly, anything as fine as long we can get to know about each other. If she accepted going on a date with you that's honestly half the battle LOL. Just chill.
>>
I have the opposite problem.

I love going to the movies. I probably average around ~45 movies a year seen in theaters, including ones at the local indie theater. I have a 1.5 TB drive full of 1080p movies and watch around 2 movies a week at home. I've seen all of imdb's top 250, studied some film critiquing, and really just enjoy the artform.

So naturally I love going on movie dates. But they're seen as boring, so I hate asking to do it. So it goes.
>>
>>17237009
Why don't you go for some coffee and keep it real simple? Then you can actually talk about your hobbies and maybe if that person is interested in hiking or going to the range they might just come along next time.

But if you already have hiking in mind then why not join a hiking club or group?
>>
Eat/do something that you two have never done before.

>Inb4 she screams rape hour later after the date and gets you in prison for regretting having spent time with you
>>
File: tumblr_o0rwdaVLi71rx3k87o1_1280.jpg (119 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0rwdaVLi71rx3k87o1_1280.jpg
119 KB, 1280x1280
My most successful first dates have been picnics.

Pack a nice lunch, bring a blanket, maybe a frisbee or a couple of kites.
>>
>>17237009
Don't assume shit like that. If you do you'll project your assumptions on her. If you wanna go hiking go hiking. Some of my best dates were hiking or walking on the beach.
>>
Go bowling. It's fun, they usually have a pretty decent arcade, food and drinks, and you get to check her ass out each time she goes up for a roll.

It leaves perfect opportunities for small talk, and joke cracking. Joke about how she sucks, or you suck, or good job, nice try, yadda yadda. Plus always switching frames for bowling lets conversations end without awkward silences.
>>
>>17237009
The WHOLE point of a first date is to get to know each other. Movies are lousy for that, because you're each alone together.

Dinner is better, or lunch, or just coffee.

Walk in the park (leading, perhaps to coffee or lunch/dinner)
Have a picnic.
Pretend to be tourists and visit the places in your city (or a nearby one) that tourists go to but natives never get around to.
Take a one-off class in something silly, like cooking or pottery.
After checking first that it won't freak her out, take her to a shooting range.
>>
It depends on what the girl likes. I for one love visiting museums/castles/monuments, that's always fun. You get to discover something new and there's a plenty room to talk. I also like the shooting range idea.
Another thing I enjoy is going to a teahouse, though I heard you don't really have those in 'Murica. It's nice because it feels more relaxed than going for a dinner (you usually sit on a pillow on the ground or something), it's usually somewhat dark there, so you have some privacy, teas rock and you get to smoke a hookah.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.