[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people start an argument themselves, say a ton of stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 5613521_p0.jpg (73 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
5613521_p0.jpg
73 KB, 640x359
Why do people start an argument themselves, say a ton of stupid or even sensible stuff and then, while you are in the middle of the argument, they just say a "whatever" or change the topic? How am I supposed to react in this situation? I don't mind at all if they have different opinions or don't agree with me but when they do this shit, it drives me fucking nuts.
>>
>>17235748
Whatever.
>>
probably because they figured out they are wrong, or got tired or arguing
>>
>>17235858
This. I have a friend who does this all the time. As soon as he thinks he might be wrong, he claims that he never really cared about the argument in the first place.
>>
>>17235748
God my gf does this shit. Shell argue her side for 10 minutes straight and as soon as I go all "akshully" on her she's all "this doesn't matter why are we arguing"
>>
>>17235858
I guess that's most likely it but, really, randomly quitting an argument and acting like everything is ok because you are wrong is extremely annoying. I get them being tired of it, especially if it's not getting anywhere, but I wish they would just say so and try to be diplomatic about it by accepting we have different opinions on the subject instead of changing the topic and ignoring anything related to it.
>>
>>17237152
so you're just mad that they don't acknowledge your rightness? lol grow up, anyone that does this is basically admitting defeat, that should be all the validation you need.
>>
>>17235748
They might be thinking something like:
>shit why did i start this
>X isn't like me, they don't enjoy arguing
>arguing is stressful and uncomfortable for normal people
>i gotta change the subject

at least that's why i do it sometimes
>>
You are boring.
>>
>>17235748
Because being in arguments isn't nice? Why would you want to argue? I don't get you people.
>>
>>17237459
Why would you let people step over you and be a doormat? Confrontations are a natural part of life.
>>
>>17237463
>Why would you let people step over you and be a doormat?

you think "winning" an argument is stepping over people?

lol, you're the one crying about how people won't give more of a shit about it.
>>
If you're the guy that insists on continuing the argument just to make sure everybody knows you're right, you're just as insufferable as the "whatever" guy. Have a little self awareness
>>
>>17237478
No, not arguing and not defending your position is being a doormat.
>>
>>17237488
>No, not arguing and not defending your position is being a doormat.

only if you're an autist.

literally no one cares about 'defending their position'
>>
no willpower
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.