[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How 2 remove tiny glass shard from feet? Please thank you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
How 2 remove tiny glass shard from feet?

Please thank you
>>
>>17234167
Leave it alone.

I work in a job where you get a lot of splinters and that's the best advice: leave it be.

Your body will slowly push it out since it is a foreign object.

If you keep fucking with it you will just push it deeper and make a bigger wound.

Also, rub some lotion on your feet, you disgusting bastard.
>>
>>17234167
Tweezers and a knife.
>>
>>17234178
Last time i got one a layer of skin grew on it and it got stuck.

>Also, rub some lotion on your feet, you disgusting bastard.
Are you a girl?

>>17234180
I'm already trying with little success.
>>
Try and slide it back out the way it slid in. Digging it out is always a last resort and kind of sucks, but usually objects can be pushed back out the way they went in.

Usually you've got to pull up a bit of loose skin and provide a hard surface to push back against in order to be able to get it to move in the correct plane of motion which I can see would be a problem on your feet, but usually you can massage it and get it out. Maybe put pressure against the rear face of it with a butter knife and then 'milk' it towards the entrance wound in the hope it'll push out like a splinter. Have some decent tweezers handy because if you can grab it, grab it as soon as you can.

Failing that, digging it out, cutting in enough to pull it out, the usual shit. Sometimes something is just brutal and frustrating enough to require it, clip off excess skin with scissors or nail trimmers and then use a pin to get around it and prise it up and out.
>>
>>17234206
Working on it. A pin is a good suggestion.

>inb4 OP loses his foot
>>
Nasty little bitch.
>>
>>17234188
>Last time i got one a layer of skin grew on it and it got stuck.
That's happened to me. The layer of skin peeled away from my body like crazy thick sunburn and I was left with a big circle of dead skin encasing a piece of glass and a crater in my foot, it was pretty cool. Crater healed over fine too.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.