[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you tell if you're lonely or if you just have anxiety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 1024x768
How do you tell if you're lonely or if you just have anxiety?

Do anti-anxiety pills make you stop wanting a gf/bf?
>>
>lonely
>anxiety

Do you feel anxiety normally?
>>
>>17234153
I have brief moments of not feeling anxiety when I'm drunk or extremely tired.
>>
But do pills make it stop? Can I just pop a xanax or something and never want to be hugged or kissed again?
>>
>>17234148
Sounds like you need to grow up, kid.
>>
>>17234185
I'm 22, I'm too old for that. My personality has already solidified and nothing short of thorough deep personal trauma can change it, and I don't think PTSD is the cure for me.
>>
>>17234198
I disagree.

Get your ass in a combat situation ASAP.
>>
>>17234198
>I'm 22, I'm too old for that. My personality has already solidified
Saying things like
>Can I just pop a xanax or something and never want to be hugged or kissed again?
suggest otherwise.

as to
>How do you tell if you're lonely or if you just have anxiety?
Anxiety & wanting a mate are two different things. If you have anxiety you'd probably be very clingy to your mate and get scared or feel cold when you don't have someone around to hug. If you find yourself wrapped up in a blanket hugging pillows all the time I'd say that's anxiety. Missing human company is just loneliness.
>>
>>17234329
If I'm still childish at this age I'm a manchild for life. People stop growing when their bones fuse.

So a pill WOULD make it stop?
>>
>>17234357

You can change you fuckin' lazy piece of shit. Find a therapist and work through it together.
>>
>>17234381
I can't go to a therapist with these problems right now. I need a clean bill on mental health in order to be allowed to carry on with normal life, so I'd have to meet the second therapist behind my psychologist's back and I'm not sure how to make sure they won't find out.
>>
>>17234396
>Cheating on your therapist with another therapist
Someone post that "absolutely barbaric" pic, I'm on mobile.
>>
>>17234148
>Do anti-anxiety pills make you stop wanting a gf/bf?
No but if you have had suicide thoughts before don't take them.
>>
>>17234492
Why not?
>>
>I'm scared to talk to people because I'm insecure
>MUST BE ANXIETY!
No. Anxiety disorders are characterized by suddenly becoming paralyzed by tasks you are otherwise able to do normally or daily.

If you're suddenly terrified of making eggs one day, despite having made eggs every day for 4 years, then you have an anxiety problem.

What you have is "being lonely and scared". Not an anxiety problem.
>>
>>17234604
Can I still fix it with pills?
>>
>>17234657
No.

Just get a gf it's not that hard.
>>
>>17234657
no you'll fuck you're life up f.a.m.
>>
>>17234174
The cure for loneliness is company. No, there aren't magical pills that can make your basic emotional needs disappear.
>>
>>17235628
My life is already fucked, I gotta find ways to make it tolerable.
>>
>>17235778
I have loving and supporting friends and family. Still want to cuddle someone to sleep. It's making me sad and it has to stop.
>>
>>17235803
I know this feel.
But... don't try to medicate your emotions away.
>>
>>17235825
I don't have any other choice.

I lack the emotional resources to gather the financial resources to relocate to a city large enough to be statistically more likely to have someone willing to date a hideous freak. I am exhausted, and my feelings need to be eradicated.
>>
>>17234727
>it's not that hard
have been trying for 10 years, what could i be doing wrong? not OP btw
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.