[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posting here because /vr/ is slow as shit. I was storing an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Posting here because /vr/ is slow as shit.

I was storing an original Xbox and Dreamcast, some games, and controllers in a big plastic bin I got from Wal-Mart for $5 for a few months. Just took them out and was immediately hit with a strong chemical-life odor when I opened the lid. Now both consoles, the games, and controllers all smell strongly.

How the fuck do I get this smell out?

Things I've already tried:
>wrapping everything in newspaper
>leaving them outside in the sun to air out for a few hours
>cleaning with soap and water (this actuall seems to have helped slightly)
>leaving in a box with a box of baking soda overnight to absorb the smell

This is driving me crazy please help
>>
I don't think keeping that stuff with you is very healthy, 'strong chemical life odor' is almost never a good thing.
You can try dismantling and cleaning it
>>
>>17233566
I meant chemical-like, not chemical life, but yeah it doesn't smell like it's something I'd want to breathe in much. I'm throwing out the plastic bin but I really don't want to throw out my consoles.

I'll try dismantling them today I guess.
>>
That's just the Smell of all that plastic. Perfectly normal and not dangerous at all.
>>
>>17233590
If it was normal I would expect it to disippate after a day or two. It's day 3 and it has barely lessened at all.
>>
Are the consoles working properly ? I would be afraid they would catch on fire randomly and burn down my house.
Why don't you just buy another xbox and dreamcast ? They must be pretty cheap
>>
>>17233599
I had them wrapped in dry newspapers and sitting in the sun for a few hours so if they were to spontaneously combust they would have already done so.

They are pretty cheap and I could probably sell them off since they both work, they just smell really bad. The thing is I'm a poorfag and I'd like to keep them if possible.
>>
>>17233594
I'm telling you. I have tons of plastic storage bins in my shed out back and all of them have that same smell. It's not pleasant but it's not really something you can do anything about. Only think I could suggest is to store flowers in them for a couple years. Maybe vinegar? I'm out of ideas on this one. Sorry.
>>
>>17233610
Don't listen to this guy, he'll die of bisphenol A poisoning pretty soon
>>
>>17233616
Stop making up words.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.