[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ride to work issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (273 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
273 KB, 640x1136
So my car is currently being worked on. I'm trying to find rides to work. I got my mother to take me in a couple times and my roommate once. I get rides back from my coworkers who live in the same neighborhood as me. I live kinda close. To far to walk but real close when comparing it to a drive. Well my roommate is my only hope but he doesn't want too. I asked if he could take me in at 12:45 and he says "I don't get up that late. Sorry, mate" with a smile and laugh. I asked are you serious and he's said yeah. I get mad and tell him well I can't fucking get money to pay bills then. I slightly raised my voice. I was stressing out and still am. I apologized for it the next day. He offered to give me a ride before the apology but I had someone else take me in because I don't know if he's being a douche or not. I can't go into work all sweaty and smelly if I really had to walk. It's been in the 80s.

What should I do. I try to get rides from my neighbor coworkers when we have the same time but it hasn't been happening.

Pic unrelated
>>
Get an uber, or did you even offer to thwm for gas?
>>
Uber x yo. Also, do you not have a municipal bus?
>>
>>17232948
I did offer gas money. I always do to people who give me rides.
>>
12:45 at night?

Or did you mean to say "I don't get up that early"
>>
>>17233033
Sorry. Yes I meant early. 12:25PM
>>
i ride my bike 15 miles to work, and 15 miles from work. every day. sometimes my dad will take me to work if hes on the same schedule.

great workout, time to clear your head, and you can take a nice path to view the scenery
>>
>>17232944
You are an asshole.

Nobody is ever obligated to do you any favors. You are the beggar, and you have to accept the fact that others have lives apart from serving you.

Walk. If it's less than 5 miles you can do it in an hour or so. So get up an hour earlier in the morning. It's good for you.
>>
>17232944
Uber
>>
How long will it take to walk? Do you have a bicycle? You can always change into work clothes once you get there if you sweat
>>
>>17233180
Nope. But I got him a job where I had worked when he lost his on our moving day. I Always ask if he needs anything when I go out and do errands. When he goes through hard times he always asks if he can vent on me about personal issues. Been friends for 6 years.

>You are the beggar, and you have to accept the fact that others have lives apart from serving you.
lol.Wrong. He sits at home till 5PM. Doesn't leave the house till 5. He only work 5hrs out of the day.
>>
>>17233627
He is not obligated to do anything.
>>
>>17233627

He's not obligated to help you - but he's still a dick for not doing it when he has nothing better to do.

Just take ubers to work, and the next time he asks you for a simple favor, you don't have to feel bad about saying No.
>>
>>17233647
>>17233636
Yes I know. That's the simple answer to questions like this. I just need to know if i was being a douchebag or not. I wont ask him anymore or do anymore favors for him.

It's a shame because we always help each other and get along well. I don't know why he's choosing to not now. Confusing.
>inb4 "he can"

Thanks non-douche guys. Will check out the uber stuff.
>>
OP if you're still around: it might not help you right now, but next time your car needs to go in the shop, try and find a shop that will give you a loaner car. Not all garages will do this, but many will.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.