[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BCP and PCOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: PROVERA.jpg (98 KB, 448x215) Image search: [Google]
PROVERA.jpg
98 KB, 448x215
Yo. Recently diagnosed with PCOS which causes my lack of or extremely irregular period. Doctor suggested Provera 10 mg for 10 days (to take every few months) to bring back the period. (also suggested lolo birth control and the nuvaring). I was on alesse bcp for 3 years and it affected my mood + weight and I'm hesitant about starting to take birth control again. Wondering if anyone with PCOS/irregular periods has had any issues with Provera or if you can suggest something that has worked best for you? Just weighing my options! Thanks!
>>
>>17231928
Provera worked for me. I didn't want the on birth control so I never went back on it. I still suffer from pcos but just let my body do what it wants really. I get a very very light period each month but sometimes if I'm stressed I won't get it that month. I only ever did a year of peovera. I also suggest looking into herb called Vitex. I found it helped me with my mood swings and hormones.
>>
>>17231958
I never wanted to be on birth control... But it is the best for pcos. I do think back an wonder if I had of just done the birth control maybe i wouldn't have pcos anymore.
>>
pcos. because even god hates women. T_T
>>
>>17231928
Why the hell are you asking some high school dweebs who have never even spoken to a real live girl, when you have full medical advice from a professional?
>>
>>17233208
Qualified medfags do lurk this board

For PCOS, we usually start on Metformin and a hormone (or anti-hormone)

Ultimately the best thing you can do for your PCOS though, is lose weight. I hope you've been told this too
>>
>>17233221
Metformin makes weight loss easier but I HATE this advice because the lifestyle change involved would send normal people to the loonie bin and sets them up for horrible spirals in eating habits like yo-yo dieting.

Even if you lost 5% of your body weight, if the culprit fat isn't significantly affected, you could gain that 5% back with additional weight and then it becomes harder to lose next time.

But it's generally a good idea not pile on the pounds at least.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.