[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So recently my girlfriend dumped me and she still wants to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Help.jpg (48 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
Help.jpg
48 KB, 500x585
So recently my girlfriend dumped me and she still wants to be friends. I'm alright with it because we have very similar interests and there's never any awkward moments between us. The problem is I'm still not over her or the breakup. Each time I see her I feel empty. Even hearing her name brings me down. I tried to forget about her but she's stuck in my mind. I erased all contact with her but still get depressed after I remember what she did.

Am I doing the right thing by trying to forget her and find others or other activity/hobbies Or should I stay in contact with her and just try to sweep my depression under a rug. She's not a bad person and really fun to be around.

Thanks
>>
>>17231708
How recent?
>>
>>17231716
About a week ago
>>
>>17231708
I cut all contact with my ex after she dumped me and I must say it's one of the best decisions I've made.
>>
No, I wouldn't recommend remaining friends with her if you're feeling this way. You may grow to resent her, and feel insecure about yourself.
>>
>>17231708

Don't be a Theon
>>
>>17231718
Eh, why'd she break up with you?
I say no hanging out right now, but if the reason is substantial, then maybe.
>>
You are doing the right thing. You should be trying to forget her and looking for new people to meet as well as new ways to distract yourself. You shouldn't ignore your feelings and you shouldn't force yourself to spend time that you don't enjoy. It doesn't matter if she's not a bad person, you are not making a personal statement against her, we're talking about your feelings. It's not an insult. Even if she took it as an insult then she'd be in the wrong. You should look out for yourself. Your priority is to enjoy yourself, not to please others.
>>
>>17231718
>>17231727
>>17231743

Would you anons have any suggestions to take my mind off of her?

>>17231740
She thought she was bringing me down. She also thought I was cheating on her because I talk to some other girls that I've known from childhood.
>>
>>17231756
Well now she is bringing you down good job girlfriend. You could talk to those girls you've known since childhood, you can focus on your passion/hobbies.
>>
>>17231756
>Would you anons have any suggestions to take my mind off of her?

How long were you with her? If you guys were together for a while it may just take time.

One problem you may have is that you have more spare time now that you're no longer with her. Try to fill this spare time in productively (i.e. not with 4chan).

Also, you may want to consider getting laid. That helps.
>>
>>17231756
You are not interested in a relationship with that childhood friend, are you?
Because if you are, you know, maybe she was right?
>>
>>17231727
>>17231756
Work your ass off or/and meet other girls. The last thing you want is seeing her with someone else. You'll end up feeling even shittier and start to think she's happier with another guy and that will make you hesitant about entering other relationships.
>>
>>17231779
>>17231786
Not interested in them and nor are they in me, we are just really good friends.

>>17231782
I've been with her for two years (my longest time with a girl). Thank you so much for the adv :)

>>17231795
I will take this into consideration, thank you for the advise, means a lot to me anon!
>>
>>17231708
>So recently my girlfriend dumped me and she still wants to be friends. I'm alright with it because we have very similar interests and there's never any awkward moments between us. The problem is I'm still not over her or the breakup. Each time I see her I feel empty.
Listen to this guy:
>>17231727
If you want to fuck your girlfriend again, break off contact for a few months. She'll fuck around and then boo hoo miss you because she'll go home with someone like me who will jackhammer her, not give a shit about her feelings, and then kick her out. Then she'll be all boo fucking hoo I want validation and call you.

Then that's your chance to do the same thing to her so she realizes how fucking blood sucking it is to "want to be friends with my ex" that SHE dumped. Bitches don't realize what they have until it's gone. They want to ride the cock carousel and "feel alive" while lying to you that it's actually this:
>She thought she was bringing me down.

Nah, that's just a common lie women say to men to avoid having to admit it's really other reasons.
>it's not me, it's you
>Just kidding, it's because there's this really hot guy at work who is fun and flirty and playful and encourages me to be sexual and free
>I already fucked him

Anyway, the way you get over her is to focus on yourself - hobbies, weight lifting, cooking for yourself, ya know, being a fucking man. Be a fucking man and watch how many women who are objectively more attractive and more interesting than your girlfriend appear.

Which is why I would just jack hammer her pussy and kick her out. She's one of those "it's not you, it's me" types, which means she's a lying little pussy girl. Not worth more than a good jackhammer.
>>
>>17231708
>she still wants to be friends

translation I am going to leave you as backup and make you into a cuck.
>>
>>17231842
This exactly. There was this adage or saying, "she only breaks up with you if she's for sure got someone to fuck that week." She's not worth it man.
>>
>>17231842
I did not really see it like that at all. Thank you so much for the wake up call anon. I'll take your advise into consideration.
>>
OP here, just wanted to thank everyone who helped me in this thread. I feel shit ton better then before. You guys made my day :^)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.