[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do i have this feeling /adv/ i constantly feeling this yearning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 500x500
why do i have this feeling /adv/

i constantly feeling this yearning desire for something. It's longing for something or someone but I've yet to figure out why I have it. I usually feel empty and aimless and I'm constantly nostalgic and remembering people from my past, sometimes trying to contact them. The longing isn't for anything in particularly but i fill this emptiness and the void using women or whatever I can.

I thought I'm lonely, I lack love, sex or something else. Yet when I have these things I feel better momentarily only to feel longing and emptiness after the moment is gone.

You might think "you need a relationship" but I've relationship with a girl who loves and adores me for 3 years. Yet I still have this unknown yearning desire.

Anyone feel like this?
>>
>>17229701
>Anyone else feel like this?
Yes. You need to change things up and take leaps of faith while you can. This is a pretty vague thread so that is why not many people can help you much. The more you say what is on your mind the more you know what you are desiring. Then you are closer to getting rid of this feeling.
>>
>>17229701
War is coming
>>
>>17229762
>>17229762

I'm not desiring anything in particular. It's an obscure feel of missing someone or something that doesn't exist. I fill this void by contacting old friends, old flames, or having meaningless sex.

Even in a relationship this feeling of missing someone that doesn't exist is still there.

I don't really have a meaning to my life. Everything feels really empty. This is probably why I feel like that
>>
>>17229786
>>17229786

Is this a reference to something?
>>
>greed

Nothing wrong with always longing for more. Keeps you motivated to do shit.
>>
>>17229857
>>17229857

I'm not motivated by anything. I'm not greedy. I don't long for objects or material positions.

It's a lonely longing..like missing someone you haven't met yet.

>tfw /adv/ completely misses my feel
>>
i feel you op, i wonder what you think of Adam Phillips. he provokes these kind of feelings in the most interesting / helpful way.

here's a nice video of his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3uXdJWWMAI

skip to around 2:00 to get past the introduction
>>
>>17229701
I feel similar. I keep busy, but I still have those feelings of nostalgia. Hey, at least you have things to plug the holes. I mess up every occasion I have for casual sex, so I wonder if maybe it's all caused by me not having a girl.

Just keep doing things, and eventually you will come to find what you are looking for. That's what I hope, for myself and you, (anyways)
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.