[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
walmart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1439834365578.jpg (144 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439834365578.jpg
144 KB, 707x1000
Former NEET Here, getting a job at walmart. How bad is it? Is it difficult to get used to? Never had a job in my life. Im 18 male. Im trying to not be a NEET for the rest of my life.
>>
Dont have walmart here but would equate to a bunnings or something.

So long as youre not an absolute dumb cunt it will be piss easy to learn.
>>
Worked at Walmart as a cart pusher and technician. Make friend with a manager and stay out of the way of asshole managers and don't give then a reason to hate you.
Other than that it was a really laid back job depending on what you work and they give you 40 hours
>>
>>17228763
That's a pretty good starter job, as it teaches core structure and job values pretty early.

They're very professional, and when you take your skills elsewhere later in life, Walmart will always be a great stepping stone to announce where your productivity and ability is core from.

A job like that is really great to have for a first job, you learn things right, and the job gets done.

It's truthfully a pretty seamless transition from not working to working.

And, the friends you'll make will be quick and spontaneous and forever change your life in a way that feels natural.

You'll go to work parties, you'll end up sleeping with a few of the cashiers, you'll probably get a promotion or two.

I started as season help in the Toy department one christmas, then they put me on a cash register, and then a little bit later they moved me to be a TLE technician because I mentioned I liked working around vehicles and know how to change oil already.

Now Walmart wasn't my first job by any means, but I can see how it would've been a very great first job if I wasn't a punk ass kid who thought he knew everything already because I used to manage a McDonalds when I was 18.
>>
I worked at a Safeway for a few weeks. The actual work was fine and pretty easy, and the people were nice, but I was miserable because I was working at a Safeway and when I'd see people I went to high school with I could feel them judging me.

Wal-Mart is a fine starter job, but don't underestimate yourself or what's out there. There are a lot of starter jobs that are a lot more interesting, and less embarrassing. I recommend working there for a bit just so you understand what it is to work, but on your off time you should be getting your resume out anywhere you can. Think book stores, record stores, data entry for companies, landscaping jobs, carpentry, dishwashing (I recommend dishwashing because it can lead swiftly upward, to being anything from a line cook to a bartender), a farmhand, or whatever.
The other thing that sucks - on the look of it, retail is in a lot of ways equal to these other things. It's not. The reason it isn't is because there's no way forward. Work doing data entry, and it can lead to better office positions. Work as a dishwasher, and you might find yourself as a cook or a bartender. Work in landscaping, and you could end up anything from a park ranger to an environmental scientist. To Wal-Mart, you're an easily replacable tiny cog in a massive machine.
>>
Worked at Wal-Mart as an overnight stocker. Everything this >>17229019 anon says is true. My manager loved me for some reason and didn't really care when I dicked around (still got all my work done though)
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.