[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night sweats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sweats_01.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sweats_01.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
I've been having night sweats for the last month, I can't sleep more than 4 hours without waking up completely drenched. I've spoken to my doctor about this and she is clueless to the cause and supposedly can't give me any drug that will prevent it from happening.

I'm on remeron, effexor, carvedilol and valium. I take them for mental issues I have no physical problems and have been on all of them for longer than I've been having night sweats so I feel these can be ruled out.

A friend suggest benadryl but it did nothing but make my sweats worse..

Yesterday I was furious and decided enough was enough, I stripped my bed, blasted the A/C took 20mg of valium, 600mg of lyrica and 120mg of oxycontin, within half an hour I was a slurring mess and passed out as soon as I hit the pillow, I woke up 17 hours later in a puddle, my chest and stomach had a dull stabbing pain and my whole body was quivering, I got out of bed, threw up almost immediately collapsed and passed out for another hour.

I'm on my last straw here, I now despise sleep and it frightens me because I know I'll wake up in a puddle so it's like what's the fucking point? I'm lucky I didn't OD on all that crap and all it did was allow me to get a long sleep, it changed nothing.

Someone out there must have experienced this, what am I meant to do here?
>>
stop being a fat fuck
>>
>>17227605
I'm 47kg fuck off back to r9k you virgin cunt.
>>
Get a small fan and put it on your bed to help circulate air.
Don't eat any carbs before bed.
Make sure you have breathable sheets and comforter.
Make sure your room is DARK when you go to sleep. It helps release more melatonin which helps lower core body temperature. It's the same reason you wake up sweaty from naps.

Also talk to your doctor about it, being on that many medications might be causing some side effects, or your body might just be constantly sweating them out.
>>
>>17227615
BTFO

op have you tried weed?
>>
>>17227625
Oh and I didn't really read the post so
> took 20mg of valium, 600mg of lyrica and 120mg of oxycontin
Yeah your body was desperately trying to sweat all those fucking toxins out. I'm a giant alcoholic and my doctor basically told me "If you want to stop sweating all the time, stop drinking all the time"
>>
>>17227631
This.

I can't fucking believe your doc was like "stop taking meds". You're having a reaction to them.
>>
>>17227629
No but I've read cannabis withdrawal will cause night sweats, seems counter productive.

>>17227631
That doesn't explain the last 29 days.

>>17227664
She didn't... I cant just stop taking beta blockers and anti depressants after being on them for years, it would either send me crazy or stop my heart dead.
>>
>>17227692
>That doesn't explain the last 29 days.
Yes, yes it does. Consistent and repeated exposure to these substances causes the body to more readily sweat them out. I get muggy after two pints of beer now.

If you've been regularly taking valium before bed your body is going to constantly be trying to sweat it out. This only worsens with other medications or drug additives.
Talk to your doctor. Drop the shit you can, see if that helps. Give it at least a month, your body is gunna have a lot of shit to flush out and you're gunna detox a bit.
>>
Dude why are you taking pills for sleeping when you're already on a manatory cocktail for sleeping.
Read your pills you take and if any of them have side effects that include sweating.
Just because you haven't had them till now doesn't mean you'll never have them.
100% do NOT do weed, I do weed but I'm not on pills and mixing weed with pills can fuck your shit up big fucking time.
Friend of mine took weed once and a pill for his average summer cold afterwards and he was practically dead and I was told he was gone for 5 hours not being able to move or talk.
That being said sweats are the sweats if you're a woman it might be some hormonal stuff.
>>
I had lots of night sweats combined with waking up like 4 or 5x a night to piss. On top of that I had really nasty gout. I was a complete mess. On the advise of a nutritionist, I did 2 things. I took a really concentrated probiotic for about 2 weeks to boost my immune system, then daily doses of colloidal silver. All three problems have since disappeared...I mean 100% gone. I stopped taking the colloidal silver for about a week and some of the symptoms came back.
>>
>>17227593
Do you sleep with clothes on? Try shedding in your underwear or in the nude.
>>
sounds like a horror movie or something.
>man melts when he sleeps
>the more he sleeps, the more he melts away.

maybe it is just summer?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.