[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently on 40mg prozac, 900 mg of lithium, 150mg of wellbutrin,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1465167217231.jpg (60 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1465167217231.jpg
60 KB, 722x349
Currently on 40mg prozac, 900 mg of lithium, 150mg of wellbutrin, all just for depression. How bad would it be if I started taking xanax semiregularly?
>>
>>17227062
depends on why you're taking the xanax(recreational xanax is a stupid idea). Whomever is prescribing it should know of any harmful interactions, and if they don't the pharmacy you pick it up at definitely will.
>>
>>17227081
I'm not getting it through my psychiatrist. I want to take it because I feel like my anxiety contributes to my depression. I sort of spiral out of control when there are social stressors and it almost always leads me to concluding I need to kill myself. The drugs I'm on currently aren't really doing anything and don't feel like they're working (I've been on them for about 2 months). feel like my psychiatrist won't prescribe me anything like xanax because of its recreational uses, and because I have a history with abusing medicines
>>
>>17227062
That shit doesn't actually make you less depressed. Just turns you into a zombie with no emotion. Changing your life for the better is the real anti-depressant.
>>
You 'gon be sleepy. You might get pretty bad mind fog too, thats a lot of psych drugs.
>>
>>17227062
how about you stop all the drugs and solve the actual issues that lead to your depression? not being fucked up on pills will probably make that process a bit easier.
>>
my doc is thinking about starting me on wellbutrin.

But, I don't know anything about it. I just mentioned always being exhausted and unfocused on tasks.
>>
>>17227148
>>17227213
I don't want it to stop the depression, just the general anxiety. I would love to be a zombie with no emotion. I just want to know if it will kill me with the other drugs I'm taking
>>
>>17227089
xanax is for acute anxiety symptoms(like, you're about to have a panic attack and can't calm down). If you want something for general anxiety because you think it is contributing to your depression then ask about that instead and ditch the xanax.
>>
>>17227927
>>17227927
I just want something that will make it so I don't have to analyze everthing in life. I just want to be dumb and easygoing. Whatever drug will do that to me I'll take. I've already tried weed, alcohol, shrooms, dxm, and lsd.
>>
>>17227089
>>17227958
OP, this is a terrible idea, for a variety of reasons.
I suspect Xanax won't even help at all, any more than the 3 medications you're already on.
Tell your psychiatrist about the anxiety, and they will try to help as best they can (with both therapy and medications).

And you need a hell of a lot of therapy, to be honest: are you seeing a therapist regularly? If not, why not?

>>17227220
Long story short, bupropion (Wellbutrin) helps with that.

>>17227958
>make it so I don't have to analyze everthing in life. I just want to be dumb and easygoing.
First of all, it's fairly obvious that your current medications aren't doing the job.
Second, you need to work on this in more productive ways than taking recreational drugs: talk to your psychiatrist about your anxiety issues.
>>
>>17228001
No I'm not seeing a therapist. The last one was pretty BS and tried to convince me that ESP was real

Fine I won't try xanax but the only other thing that gets me close to the feel I'm going for is shrooms
>>
>>17228044
You're not supposed to just sit there and accept a shit therapist, you keep changing to new ones until you find a good one that you trust.
Ask your psychiatrist for help with this, most of them should keep a list with good local therapists.
>>
>>17228044
Talk to your psychiatrist about something for GAD. talk to a therapist. make them switch your meds if they're not working out instead of piling more on top of what you already take(unless they have good reason).
>>
File: 1380078427875.jpg (46 KB, 400x428) Image search: [Google]
1380078427875.jpg
46 KB, 400x428
>>17227062

> How bad would it be if I started taking xanax semiregularly?

DONT TAKE MEDICAL ADVICE FROM 4CHAN.
>>
>>17227062
Before you start to switch around meds again start seeing a counselor regularly. Pills help, but you need to have better control and understanding of yourself. You need to be able to better recognize your triggers and your own behaviors in order to develop proper coping mechanisms. After a couple of sessions with the counselor start talking about your meds again. Less is more with psych drugs.

I have taken zoloft on and off for awhile now (for c-ptsd). Started when I was 15. Currently on it at 23. Went about 4 years with out it before I started taking it again recently. I only take 50 mg. I used to take much more. And a couple other meds. But with good counseling I have been able to ween off of all the other shit and only take Zoloft for a bit when I really need it. I used to take Xanex for panic attacks, but again, some good counseling helped me work through that and now the zoloft helps with my general anxiety.
>>
>>17227897
It will kill you if your plug runs out and you have a seizure from withdrawal. Get it legit or not at all. Also I believe wellbutrin is known to cause anxiety.
>>
I'm currently in bed under a blanket trying to calm myself down after my fifth panic attack of the day because of xanax withdrawal.
please. just. don't. my boyfriend went through seizures. i'm getting horrific mood swings, can't stop crying. wouldn't have an appetite unless i smoked weed. i was taking 2mg a day started developing tolerance and realized that i had to stop
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.