[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: aasdasadsd.png (952 KB, 716x896) Image search: [Google]
aasdasadsd.png
952 KB, 716x896
I specialize in general guidance and volunteer at a men's support center. Ask me anything and I'll see how i can help.
>>
What kind of problems do you usually deal with at men's support center?
>>
Do you tell men to go exercise when they have issues?
>>
>>17226934
>men's support center
I'm surprised this i actually a thing. There mere existence of such centers would be considered sexist and oppressing to women in USA and Canada
>>
>>17227113
The intakes are very frequently men who require assistance with legal or domestic violence issues. Most used is our counsel-therapy.

Despite this, we offer peer support group facilitation, fathering advice clinics, Mindfulness, gender discussion group facilitation, employment resources, leadership and mentoring skills training, and personal support group counselling programs.

>>17227120
No, we make it a point to dig into the root of the problem, as most other organizations only slap bandages on the issues.
>>
>>17227120
Isn't that literally the only advice people ever give to men?

"Just lift."
"But doctor, I lifted for 3 years, and I hated doing it every single time I went."
"Just keep lifting until you like it."
>>
>>17227129
To answer your question, feminist groups aren't very open to discussion with us, and intakes are super low.
>>
>>17227151
Oh wait, that wasn't even a question. Oops.
>>
What am I supposed to do if I can't muster any willpower for anything?
>>
>>17227253
Weird question to ask, considering that isn't you.

You're aware of the situation and able to make use of your resources. Don't be afraid to work on expanding that network to include support you truly need and desire.

Successful people always note in their afterwards about "how they couldn't have done it without the support from many people," and it's true. Make connections, and gather the courage to seize what you have earned.

...Unless you're talking about the next time you feel that way. In that instance, I'd refer back to the above, but with mindfulness of the fact that you sometimes fall and get stuck for a time and need assistance getting up.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.