[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is that really him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: ballpoint pen.jpg (60 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ballpoint pen.jpg
60 KB, 600x400
I will meet an online friend when traveling abroad. Is there a way for me to verify his identity?
>have known him for a few years now
>met when an rpg game based on an anime was removed from its server. creators no longer had a copy so it was supposedly gone forever. he asked if anyone had a copy on the fan wiki and i replied and we kept in touch
>i am now 19 and he is 18 (just left high school)
>has video skyped with me before - appereance matches photos he sent me a long time ago and Whatsapp profile pic
>Says he hardly ever uses it ever since we met many years ago but gave me his Facebook anyway when I asked for it
>Only has two girls there whom he has met online
>Googled his full name
>Can't find any info except for how he won a competition many years ago in his province
How to verify his identity? I know that if I go out with a friend or go on a date with someone I know or something, there is also the chance that I will be raped or killed or something, but hey, at least it is easy for the police to search up his info based on where he works. This guy? Nothing. I know which high school he went to but I cannot "verify" that.
>>
Sounds like you're paranoid.

Are you traveling alone? If not, just have someone else come with you.

Or, meet the guy in a public place and if he doesn't seem legit just leave.
>>
>>17225972
Have you never Skyped or seen him face-to-face? For your own protection, do so before you travel.
>>
Not you again. Why do you make this thread every day on multiple boards? You have been given multiple answers already.
>>
>>17226082
Bait has become sentient.
>>
File: 54346.jpg (64 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
54346.jpg
64 KB, 960x638
>>17226055
>Are you traveling alone?
no
>Have you never Skyped or seen him face-to-face?
Yes definitely
I googled his full name and now I discovered that there is more to that competition he won many years ago. It was mentioned in the Facebook page of that chess organisation and there is a link to a Picasa album. He is in one of the photos but I am not 100% sure if that is him - nowadays he always wear glasses and he wasnt wearing glasses in those pics
Is that really him? feel like her in pic related lol
>>
>>17226071
Did that yes
>>
File: 14317769415140.jpg (95 KB, 777x777) Image search: [Google]
14317769415140.jpg
95 KB, 777x777
>>17225972
>random guy rused you during 5years in order to meet&rape you afterwards
>went as far as faking an fb account, a voice, a video feed and emotions for 5 years
>just to fuck you

You're really funding paranoid boy, and even if he was really a fake, I'd be honored to have someone go through so much effort in order to meet a random guy he met online because of anime
>>
The internet was a mistake
>>
>>17226216
He says he wants to bring his brother along but still hasn't tell him about our meeting. I asked him why and he said that sometimes his brother is not at home and doesn't want to talk. This is so fishy
>>
Stop posting this thread over and over on multiple boards.

It will be fine. You'll bring someone with you. You talked to him in webcam, all the informations he gave about himself are coherent, you talked to him for years, etc.
If you want to hear that you'll be kidnapped, locked in a basement and raped go ask somewhere else. You're being paranoid.
>>
I have a feeling that if they finally meet up, OP will be the crazy, scary one.
>>
>>17226264
>>17226270
He says he wants to bring his brother along but still hasn't tell him about our meeting. I asked him why and he said that sometimes his brother is not at home and doesn't want to talk. This is so fishy
>>
>>17226280
No, it's not.
Stop creating problems inside your head. You're a fucking paranoid.
If you don't want to meet him, don't. You're stressing so much over something so fucking stupid.
>>
>>17226287
>No, it's not.
My irl friend finds that very strange and told me to be wary of him because of this
Like why even mention brining his brother along if he doesnt want his brother to come along? Can you come up with a resonable reason regarding this?
>>
>>17226291
>Can you come up with a resonable reason regarding this?
Maybe he's gotten cold feet because he thinks YOU'RE fishy and is now making excuses.
>>
>>17226302
No it is not me.
Plus I am a girl so it is not so scarey. He can verify me easily by googling up my name. I have 200+ friends on Facebook
>>
>>17226308
>No it is not me.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you could read his mind. So, shouldn't you be able to tell if he's who he says he is?
>>
>>17226311
Well I dont think he will be scared of me. It is just gender stereotypes. Like girls cannot rape a guy.What bad things can happen to him? Does he really think that three female tourists can kill him in his homeland?
But at some point I did think he wanted to bring his brother for safety reasons
Should I confront him about this? say that it is strange how he hasnt told his brother yet?
i get the impression that he and his brother will just bail out when we fly to their country "oh we are busy on those days sorry"
>>
>>17226291
Probably your IRL friends just don't have the balls to tell you that you're a shithead in your face.

Maybe he really didn't get the chance to ask his brother. Maybe he's embarrassed because it's not "normal" to have online friends (I did lie to my family about friends I made online, for example).
>>
>>17226351
>Maybe he's embarrassed because it's not "normal" to have online friends
A month after we met online, he said he mentioned me to his brother, saying how I am from X country and saying that he can ask me questions about X culture.
>>
>>17226319
>Does he really think that three female tourists can kill him in his homeland?

You haven't seen madness in the fastlane, have you. To break it down, yes this can and has happened. Do you think men are all of a sudden immune to knifes and the like?

Anyway, just stop being paranoid. You let people know where you've gone, you meet this person in public to see if they check out and that's pretty much it.

If you are that paranoid, you fucking tell this person how you feel and ask if they can show you their god damn ID if you are that worried, but what is the point if you've known him for so long and seen him on webcam? what do you think confirming his actual name is going to change. As someone else has said, it isn't this guy who is going to be crazy, it's you.
>>
>>17226359
I am not crazy. Iam a girl in a foreign country
>>
>>17226364
So what country do you hail from originally, and what country are you in now?
>>
>>17226367
I know he uses 4chan and I don't want him to search through 4plebs and find my posts (coz we are not Americans so it is easy to find posts with our locations)
>>
>>17226371
Okay, but we are talking about 1st world counries here I assume, and not some backwards ass country where you are at serious risk in general.

Again you are being paranoid. If it's this much hassle then don't meet him. He has taken every step to show himself within the norm, he has been on webcam so he isn't faking what he looks like, so what the fuck gives?
>>
>>17226379
>we are talking about 1st world counries here I assume
Yes we are both from first world coutnries
>>
>>17226385
Just don't bother then. You obviously don't want to, it's making you feel uncomfortable. Again, he has done enough from his end to show his identity and you are obviously not going to be happy no matter what he does. Like if he showed you some ID, would you feel any better? you wouldn't. They can be faked, or if it's real it doesn't rule out anything that could tie him to something heinous. This is how life works, there is always that slight risk involved with anything, there is risk just walking down the street and bumping into a maniac who is amped up on phet waving a knife, you have to use your judgement here. If you think personally that it's a dangerous situation, then do not go. Deep down though you know at some level you are being silly otherwise you wouldn't be posting here. You have 2 other people with you right now, going to a public place to meet someone, you know what they look like, there isn't much else you can do.

So it's really up to you to make the judgement call here.
>>
>>17226302
Omg now he admits he is a bit uncomfortable with meeting an online friend too!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.