[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody tell me what this girl means?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
There is a girl that I have been very interested in for a long time (fucking years) but she is, on the outside, your basic-white-girl 'popular' stereotype, and i'm a lame blend of goth and nerd. But circumstances have had it that we have spent a lot of time in each others company over the years, and I have grown an affection for her, never once thinking she felt the same.

Then, out of the blue the other day, while we were both considerably intoxicated, she tells me that she loves me. I knew she was drunk and was naturally skeptical, but insisted that she did, and moreover, she expressed disdain for her 'popularity-contest' lifestyle and said that she hated the fact that she has never been with somebody she loves.

The next morning, however, she goes back to being the mere acquaintance she once was and does not speak to me about the previous night, leaving me confused and wishing I had told her I loved her too.

Were these drunken ramblings, or does she actually love me? If so, how should I approach the situation - just come right out with it and tell her how I feel, or are we always going to have to be drunk to have a heart-to-heart conversation?
>>
She thinks it was sudden and went full autismo over you and is too embarrassed about how she acted.
>>
No one can tell you what's going on in her head other than the girl herself. If you want to know something, ask her. Speculating is only going to damage you.
>>
>>17225628

lul. I had my best friend basically do this one night.

Except she's gay.

Drunk+horny+lonely+feeling shitty about the life situation you're currently in+more alcohol = you say shit you don't mean and drunkenly connect dots that are nowhere near each other or make any sense when you're sober and rational.

She's still definitely gay. We both have girlfriends, we're both very happy with them.

Go ahead and talk to her if you want, but other anon is right, speculating ain't going to get you anywhere except further behind.
>>
>>17225721
I agree with this one. She might also have reservations about doing anything more with you because of how her friends might react to it. It's petty bullshit, but if she's lived in a bubble, she might be afraid to leave it.

What I would do is keep talking to her. But don't say you love her. Keep talking, and when the time is right, ask her if she wants to hang out/go out.

If you say you love her, it might backfire. She might feel pressured or weird. It probably won't end like a romantic comedy.
>>
>>17225749
This is a bit of a wild guess, but don't you think that the girl is expecting some cliche events that would make it seem the perfect time for OP to tell her how he feels?
>>
>>17225760
They might daydream about that, but I don't think it usually works like that in real life. I think most girls (people for that matter) want what they can't get. Once they get it, they lose interest.
>>
>>17225749
Thanks for the advice, but i'm going to do the opposite. I'm going to tell her, I mean fuck it, I can't go on living like this. Maybe i'm a stupid optimist, but I can't help but feel like if there is any truth in what she said, then she couldn't possibly reject me when I put my heart on the line. I like to believe that, if given the chance, she'd follow her heart in lieu of keeping clamped onto that life she supposedly despises. Regardless, this has fucked me up quite a bit.
>>
>>17225760
OP: wouldn't that be wonderful... You know, I kind of got that impression too. To go into a bit more detail about this, that night (a bit after that confession) she said "I don't need any of this craziness (current lifestyle), I need somebody to hold me, to kiss me..." And could have fucking swore she looked at me when she said it, but I opted towards crying myself to sleep so know I just have no idea
>>
>>17225725
I completely agree, trouble is, the only times we actually talk are when we are drunk (this has kind of become a weekend ritual). And goddamn, I feel like an asshole for encouraging that kind of thing too. The situation seems so delicate, i'm deathly afraid of making a mistake. But at the same time, I can't imagine that she would reject me, sober or not, if she truly had feelings for me.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.