[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I asked this in the ask the opposite sex thread to no avail:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Wallpaper.jpg (670 KB, 2111x1300) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper.jpg
670 KB, 2111x1300
I asked this in the ask the opposite sex thread to no avail:

I've known this girl since high school, I've been in love with her since high school. She was always with some boyfriend and I never wanted to fuck that up so I kept myself at bay, my own mistake probably. Whenever shit went down, I was there for her and she there for me. Fast forward five years and several boyfriends for her I just can't take it anymore. I just met her most recent boyfriend, he's a great dude. Charming, goofy, handsome, easy to get along with. I see why she likes him but it's just torture at this point to hear her talk about him, or anything really. I can't take it anymore. She lives cities away now thankfully, but she still calls to check up on me as I've had suicidal thoughts and she was there, we also shoot the shit for an hour or two, other times she calls me because she needs my input. But I just want her to fucking leave me alone now. I can't stand it. She visited here a few days ago, which is how I met her boyfriend, and just being in her presence was mesmerizing and suffocating and I'm done with that.

The thing is she's become emotionally dependent on me. She comes to me for EVERYTHING, her last two boyfriends she always came to me for shit instead of them. I want to fucking cut her out of my life but if I do I don't know where that will leave her what the fuck do I do?
>>
Take a deep breath OP. I kinda know how you feel. But listen, you need to stop thinking (if just for now, not permanently) that you love this girl. Go to sleep, play some vidya or whatever you do, but quit thinking about it. Obsessing over her will not help you no matter what you decide to do. Keep her as a friend, and if her relationship ever ends, then let those feelings sprout again and go in for the kill this time. Otherwise, all is not lost. There are plenty of amazing people out there OP. Don't waste your time waiting on one girl.
>>
You are not in love with her. Its called infatuation.
>>
What happens to her when you "break up" with her is not your responsibility. If she claims that she is suicidal, or won't stop harassing you, call the cops.
>>
>>17225533
What horse shit advice.
OP, if this girl depends on you emotionally, then it's impossible she has a fully invested and healthy relationship with her BF, on the contrary I would assume that she isincapableof such a relation, and her toxic dependence on you is a component to that.
She is sucking the life out of you and giving you nothing in return but grief.
Drop her ass
>>
>>17225533
Sometimes I feel like this, like I can just handle being her friend and focus on my stuff. Other times like when I posted that it was just grinding me.

>>17225720
Infatuation is not acknowledging her flaws and not thinking about the future with her. She has a shitton of flaws that only I know about and I still want to receive her.

>>17225729
She doesn't harass me man, it just hurts talking to her knowing she'll never accept me romantically. I mean you can say it's not my responsibility but we've been through hell and back together I can't readily drop her like that.

>>17225735
> then it's impossible she has a fully invested and healthy relationship with her BF

That's what I've been thinking, that's why I encourage her to talk to him about shit she talks to me about.

I dunno, I'll try to hack it until I'm pushed to a point. Saging my own post because I guess I'm not really taking anyone's advice, sorry.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.