[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been going through a major depressive disorder since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1464122243392.jpg (96 KB, 651x768) Image search: [Google]
1464122243392.jpg
96 KB, 651x768
I've been going through a major depressive disorder since i was 10 and I'm also 50+ pounds overweight.

Should i just sit in my room and wait for the day I'm brave enough to pull the trigger?
>>
>>17225261

nah. you should replace at least one meal a day wtih steamed veggies, switch your breakfast to a lighter calorie variant, and go outside.
>>
If that's your attitude then yes. You probably dont even have problems. You're probably healthy aside from your obesity, you probably have a family that cares about you. You probably live in a free western society, but if being 50 pounds overweight is enough for you to check out, by all means be my guest.
>>
>>17225261

for a cardio work out you wont hate, consider playind dodgeball. two hours flies by so fast you'll be surprised. on weekends go play lasertag. a bit more expensive but worth every penny if you have it. dodgeball can be cheap as fuck though.

look around for other interesting things to try. if you dont like it try something else. i recently decided to be more active. dodgeballs been great. starting sunday morning sword lessons soon.

and when allelse fails if you have a dog just take it somewhere wtih lots of room and play. you dont have to just 'walk'. you can run and jump and wrassle around. i wear a mario hat and pretend my dogs yoshi. i dont ride her obviously but its a whimsical way to show others that you know you're a bit silly but enjoying your time. my dog just loves that we run. she doesnt care theres no point. she sees me heading towards one part of the park she lines up and looks at me excitedly. lights up my heart knowing she loves me so much shed like to just run up a fake hill wtih me.
>>
>>17225267
>You're probably healthy aside from your obesity
Well i do have heart problems
>>
>>17225277
Because you're obese
>>
I don't know how to help your depression OP, but what I can tell you is that I lost a considerable amount of weight one summer back in high school by doing 3 things:

- Adopting a vegetarian diet (still ate fish, eggs)
- Replacing most junk food with fruit/yogurt
- And most importantly, going for a bike ride or run every single day (1.5-2 hrs)

The hardest thing about losing weight is keeping yourself motivated, but if you realize that YOU are in complete control of your body and decisions, and that it is 100% possible for you to lose weight if you take control, then you're set. It's all mental OP. Play plenty of vidya too after you go for a run or whatever, gotta give yourself something to look forward to while you're breaking a sweat.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456208609996.jpg (41 KB, 620x826) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456208609996.jpg
41 KB, 620x826
>>17225277
Look dude, depressed because you are fat. Start working out, it helps with weight loss and depression. Yes, I know your lazy and have heart problems. You can still walk, so you can still exercise. It helps, you have to choose happiness over your comfort zone.
>>
>>17225261
Depression isnt real

Stop being a whiny bitch
>>
File: 1364481869670.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1364481869670.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>17225732
>depression isn't real
>>
Best idea would be to try to slowly inch your way out of that rut. It's like peeling a sticker off of a surface. Go too fast and you get this annoying residue/white papery shit left behind.

Make some small changes, one at a time. Don't think too hard about them. Just kind of try to start doing them on autopilot. E.g. first thing every morning, go for a 30 min walk while listening to some chill music.
>>
Look at documentaries and misc. videos of people worst off then you. It will make you think twice about offing yourself...works for me when I feel dark.
>>
Coming from someone who has been depressed off and on for the past decade even though I'm fit and things in my life aren't all that bad I still get depressed usually happens in 2-4 month long episodes. From what I've learned being depressed can be caused by many different things and can also happen to anyone. That being said if you're really lost go get therapy immediately, it helps a ton and your therapist will be able to help you figure out the root of the problem and see if you need to be on meds. Not only that you can vent to a guy with a PhD who's made it and not a bunch of random people on 4chan.
>>
File: h03.jpg (121 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
h03.jpg
121 KB, 960x800
Buddy you have to be more especific if being overweight is the only problem then thats nothing maybe your just going through a face right now it would pasa and if not try reading a book that would help you on improving your social behavior.I recomend Dale Carnagie how todo make friends and influenced people.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.