[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lads, I need your help. I'm laying in bed next to my drunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: iStock_000012493520XSmall.jpg (128 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000012493520XSmall.jpg
128 KB, 426x282
Lads, I need your help.

I'm laying in bed next to my drunk as fuck girlfriend, and i'm considering dumping her. Why, you ask? Good question. It's because she becomes a massive bitch when she's drunk. Abusive, spoilt, bratty; basically every trait I despise and loath.

That being said, when she isn't drunk, she's amazing. Intelligent, polite, selfless; all the traits I feel redeem humanity. She doesn't drink that often, we were at a wedding so obviously it was gonna be a bit of a piss up, so I was expecting the ugly side to come out sooner or later. And then I started thinking about it, all the times before, and that started me thinking about the future, about our wedding, and would I even be able to sleep in the same room as her on our wedding night?

I've talked to her about it before and she brushed it off like it was nothing, made the argument that she barely drinks so it's not a problem.

I'm not exactly a catch, and I know good and fucking rightly that I lucked out with her, but I can't spend the rest of my life worrying about when she gets drunk next. What the fuck do I do?

Also, she snores like a fucking logger.
>>
Tell her you don't like how she is when she drinks. If she says that it doesn't matter because she barely drinks, tell her it matters to you and it is a problem, that the way she treats you then is unacceptable.

If she isn't willing to consider your concerns then the problem isn't only when she's drunk.
>>
Be blunt. Someone recently made a near identical thread, and made his girlfriend realise how bad she was drunk (he actually dumped her after she punched him in the face.)

You likely don't have to go that far, but put in on the table clearly that she can't go too far with the drink or you might end up walking out. She just needs a wakeup call to how bad she is drunk - and no shrugging it off can help.
>>
I don't know you so this is a bit of a stretch, but it sounds like you're making an excuse to get rid of her. And considering how much you like her when she's not drunk, it could (emphasis on could) stem from abandonment issues caused by something in your past.

Most people don't find someone that awesome, and honestly as far as glaring flaws go, that's pretty fucking minor. I vote to talk to her about it.
>>
>>17224898
>>17224901
>>17224908
Fair enough. Cheers for the advice lads, felt good to get it off my chest.
>>
>>17224908
>person acts like a toddler when drunk
>minor

Either you are incredibly tolerant or simply didn't read. OP said she was abusive and a spoiled brat when drunk. Considering how many people consider drinking to be more or less mandatory at social events, OP has to sit down and think "hey, should I come up with an excuse to NOT go to this social event?"

That's not a small problem. It's potentially manageable, but if she would change this one negative thing about herself, they could actually enjoy social events together, rather than avoiding them.

Also, I really hate how people make excuses for drunk behaviour - if it isn't acceptable sober, being drunk doesn't give you a feee fucking pass.
>>
>>17224886
jizz on her before she wakes up, then dump her
>>
film her when she's drunk and show her the video. always a good wakeup call.

Though think about this: what do you really want her to do? Stop drinking? Have your terms ready, don't just complain.
>>
>>17224938
Well, to be totally honest with you, I'd try and come up with an excuse anyway because I'm a miserable antisocial bastard.
>>
>>17224938
And then she'd be perfect, and world peace would be within our grasp, and rainbows would be made out of Skittles.

I didn't say give her a free pass, I said to talk to her about it because it's not worth giving up what sounds like an otherwise amazing person. You sound like a virgin desu.
>>
>>17224886
When she's sober, and both of you have some time to spend, tell her straight up that you (care about, love her very much, have thought about marrying her, wherever you're at,) but that she's a completely different, even abusive person when she drinks, and that if she doesn't stop drinking, you are not going to be able to stay in the relationship. If she's a reasonable person who is open to change, she will seriously consider it, especially if you inform her that you are in it for the long-haul.

There is often pressure to drink at social events, but if she's willing, she can get around that sort of thing, or just buck up and deal with it. It gets easier over time. That, or she needs to learn her limits. For those who become the way you describe when they drink, it's usually not just one drink that does it, but not being able to stop drinking until all the alcohol is gone, or they're shitfaced.
>>
Lay her ass out bro
>>
>>17225065
This
>>
>>17224886
you have to make her know this is a very serious problem, and if she's not willing to consider it and brushes you off again, then you should reconsider your relationship
>>
>>17224965
I agree about the talking, my point was that a pretty significant issue is not "finding excuses to get you of the relationship". Hell, this whole thread is proof of that, OP is looking for a fix, not an echo chamber dump her response like most jerkoffs.

And no, I am not a virgin at all, I am actually in an 8 year relationship (plans to marry and all that) and I do have the whole skittles and rainbow deal - bit if a large problem came along, I would try to deal with it as clear headed as possible.
>>
I've been in the same situation OP, had a boyfriend who I adored, but was a complete cunt when he drank. Mind you he drank a lot, and I also found out after the fact that he was using drugs, but as far as I'm concerned it's still behaviour, and if you don't like that behaviour, you have every right to leave. If it disrespects you, don't tolerate it. Drunk or not, there is no excuse. And if someone is getting so fucked outta their brain that they cannot control their thoughts or actions, they are a loser and you can do better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.