[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm moving out of my parents' home today and had an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nvi214jrIN1usf5iko1_1280.jpg (53 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvi214jrIN1usf5iko1_1280.jpg
53 KB, 1024x768
I'm moving out of my parents' home today and had an argument with my mom a few hours before I'm set to leave.

The source of conflict is the fact that she, without my knowledge, shoved a pack of toothbrushes into my checked bags. I'm upset because I elected not to pack toothbrushes to make space for other things and because my current one if almost dead.

We've had arguments about her buying me things in the past. I take pride in caring for myself and saving enough money to take care of necessities and emergencies: car parts, insurance, rent, etc. She buys me goods from companies she knows I have ethical issues with--Amazon--or sends me large amounts of cash, sometimes weeks worth of groceries.

I'm 27 years old now. We've been arguing about this for almost ten years. She recently told me that accepting gifts is "all about me". I almost snapped back that it should be if the gifts are for me.

I'm extremely pissed off because, unlike my lazy ass siblings who rely on her to pay rent, I vacuumed/cleaned my room, boxed my remaining belongings to store until I'm settled and have been honoring her request that I stay on good terms with my dad for the last few days I'm here.

What the fuck? She won't even let me pack my own bags. What the fuck is wrong with her? I'm 27 years old. Why is she surprised when I'm mad that she shoved toothbrushes and who knows what else into my bags before an already stressful trip across the country?

How should I handle this?
>>
Dude it's just toothbrushes. She was just taking care of you like a lovely mother would do. Don't hold a grudge trying to prove you are more capable than your siblings, parents will always want the best for you.

Don't hold the grudge and apologize, you'll regret this if tomorrow she has an accident and the last shit you did was argue about toothbrushes
>>
She's just being a mom. If they're not scum, they will always want to support you, even when you don't need it. She's also gonna miss you when you leave. Just grin and bear it cause you can't stop a mom from being a mom. I know cause I went through the same thing you're going through.
>>
>>17224485
I miss old Benoit. Why did he have to make his exit so violent, messy and psychotic? It completely tainted an entire career of amazing wrestling matches, and now they are all fucking banned so you can't even find them anywhere.

As for your mum, she babies you. Are you the youngest? Because that would be the nutshell in one.
>>
You are being a huge fucking child about this
>>
>>17224485
Kindly kill yourself. Fucking sociopathic manchild.

We have anons here with real problems which can't be easily fixed with just 1 attitude. We have anons here which had to get real tough otherwise they would have died.
My parents are a bunch of geeky normalfags who lived through communism and never got taught about parenting, biology, etiquette, standards. I have autism, and their denial and ego is far too big to admit it, I had to beat the living shit out of them till they called the cops. They got scared of me ever since and never dared to disagree with me ever again.

I had to beat the living shit out of a bunch of 40 year old grown adults in order for them to understand that yes autism is an actual mental condition prevalent not only in this shitty family, but the whole slavic race. Because slavics are narrow-minded scum in denial.

Guess what most mothers and fathers do to their children in this shithole country. They put them to work from the age of 16 or else they get thrown out. Most of the wimpy ones get married and the strong ones poison their parents to get ahold of the house and risk landing in jail forever raped, beaten, tortured.

They are such scum that they would rather let a child go homeless in the streets instead of helping or at least giving him his final exit.

You dumb as fuck americans have no idea how good you're doing and I eternally despise you for not joining World War 1, for not killing every turkroach, indian, iraq, for not having the balls to start World War 3 with Russia. Why did you let Africa live? You were suppose to end their existence, they're a primitive race which have no place in the modern world.
Why did you let Hitler take a shit on the economy of Europe? Why didn't you stop him earlier? You faking, cowardly, uncaring, teasing buffaloo diarrhea puddles.

Of course what can you expect out of a country born out UK and Spain's criminals and renegades. Bunch of psychopaths almost as worst as the soviet union.
>>
>>17224557
I understand you had a hard life and are autistic, but fuck man, you are also a raging dick.
>>
>>17224485
You have no idea how to adult.
>>
>>17224494
I know. I'm more upset about the fact that it's a behavior we've discussed in the past. I expressed my displeasure, and she made a big deal about it. I'm more venting than anything else. I've been gentle as possible with this move. I grinned and bore it when they bought me AAA and a GPS, a technology I've voiced a lot of displeasure toward, for their own peace of mind.

I'm also annoyed by her going through my luggage. That's my personal property, stuff I bought with my own money earned through work.

>>17224502
Yeah. I know. Much of the resentment comes from the general issues in my family. I should address those instead of blowing up over toothbrushes of all things. It's more what they symbolize then them themselves.

>>17224503
Same with Benoit. He was my favorite.

I'm the middle child, only male. I don't like being baby-ed. I'm my own person and take care of myself. If I want help, I'll ask for it. I'm not the type of person to refuse assistance out of pride. She knows that.

>>17224557
I started working when I was 15, but, hmmm, my sympathies? It's clear you're autistic because you took my post as an opportunity to rant about your mental illness, societal problems and violent tendencies.

>>17224580
Eat shit. I pay rent on time, if not in advance, manage my own bills, cook meals not only for myself, but, up until today, for my parents as well. I took a part-time job to help care for my disabled father. I'm very much an adult.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.