[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop wasting my life on 4chan? It literally consumes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1465127823948.jpg (34 KB, 670x446) Image search: [Google]
1465127823948.jpg
34 KB, 670x446
How do I stop wasting my life on 4chan? It literally consumes all my free time. I've tried to do without it before but I get anxiety about all the cool stuff I could be missing out on.
>>
Replace 4chan with other activities. Get some new hobbies that involve spending time outside.

Maybe get a bicycle, or join a boxing gym, or start golfing.
>>
File: HA.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
HA.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>17224238
>all the cool stuff
>>
Get a job, a job that makes you interact with people
>>
>>17224238
i have this same exact problem anon... i just can'y bring myself to do things. it sounds fucking stupid, but i really feel this way.
>>
>>17224238
Waste your time aimlessly googling for better, actual useful communities. Oh here you go >>>/tg/
>>
>>17224411
It's true though. Sure, a lot if not most of 4chan is shit but there's still enough gems of information to be found here frequently enough that it justifies coming here. I've found loads of things whether it be a new game or music, new information about something I never knew or a new perspective on something that I would never have had otherwise. This place is a goldmine, you just have to dig long enough to find the nuggets. Also I'm addicted to the instant gratification of shitposting and getting a response to anything I do.
>>
I'm not even kidding: just go to the 4chan subreddit and look at the posts there, while ignoring the comments. When it's at its best, 4chan is more than just a handful of cherry-picked posts, but it takes a ridiculous, inordinate amount of time to sift through the garbage to find what's good. If you're already trying to get off the website, then small highlights might be exactly what you need to ween yourself off the chan.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.