[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 8e8.png (8 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
8 KB, 509x619
How do I stop feeling so bad about a job I quit 3 goddamn years ago?

It sounds pathetic (and it is) but to this day I still have intense anxiety and panic attacks about a job I had for a week as a waiter. The guy I worked for was a prick who would always yell at me and the other staff and even his wife when she was over (several times, all in front of customers when I'm serving them which made things incredibly awkward). I work fucking hard and I'm great at my job but I felt this guy was really disrespectful to me.

When I was dealing with customers he'd keep ringing the bell incessantly until I came to pick up the food. When I was busting my ass working I'd have to step past him as he was playing with his daughter. One time I was there there was a plumbing issue in the kitchen. Me and the other guy working there just had to pile up the plates on the station outside while he did nothing to help us and just ended up having a smoking break for half an hour.

I think the big reason I feel so anxious about it is because when I quit he asked me desperately to stay and work in the weekend (I quit on a Thursday or Friday) but at that point I felt I couldn't turn back and I told him several times I wouldn't. He must have asked me 3 or 4 times but I just told him I couldn't. He was just a bastard to me and I didn't want to continue.

I'm thinking about doing some therapy for this, I think I have some issues with standing up for myself and being a man. I'm such a fucking pussy sometimes.

How can I move past this?
>>
Cheeky bump
>>
Anybody?
>>
one last one
>>
>>17224034
Just go to therapy, it's not an embarrassing issue to have. You'll feel better after talking it out and maybe even find out a thing or two about yourself.
>>
>>17224034
You did what you had to. You weren't being malicious when you left; you just had needs to meet for some kind of positive environment.

>I think I have some issues with standing up for myself and being a man
You already stood up for yourself when you left. You're stronger than you realize, clearly.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.