[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found my neighbor's dog dead this morning after a few days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Found my neighbor's dog dead this morning after a few days of heavy downfall.

Should I contact the police. I don't even know the proper authorities to contact

He never interacts with it and I doubt he's even fed it recently. I don't mind if you keep a dog outside all the time but in inclement weather especially during hurricane season really grinds my gears.

Also this isn't the first dog I found dead. His last dog two years ago died of a heatstroke. But something has to be now since he's clearly not the right person to own a pet.
>>
>>17222480
You could try contact the spca, I think they would deal with animal abuse and neglect cases too
>>
Let the ASPCA know and call them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Also he got another pitbull pup a few months ago and it's curled up in the corner across the yard and I couldn't get its attention so I'm not even sure if she's alive.
>>
>>17222480
Contact animal control. They will pass it on to the police if they find signs of abuse or neglect, and they probably have a better sense of when someone should be stopped from owning pets.

Basically just tell them the story you posted and make it clear you suspect neglect.
>>
>>17222489
If there's a chance that pup is alive call them NOW. Immediately. Don't even post again until you do. Just go do it.
>>
>>17222480
Are you from Aus? Only asking cos' there's been reports of heavy rain in Sydney the past few days.
Anyway, if I were you I'd contact the police I guess..you could contact an animal shelter but I don't think they'd be much help, it's a difficult situation. Is there an animal welfare hot line in your country? It would be good to give them a call and let them know about the neglect.
>>
what country is this?
>>
WHY IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION
Jesus christ call the rspca man
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>17222499
>>17222497
USA
South Mississippi to be precise

I tried contacting the ASPCA but they're closed and I keep getting voicemail. Any idea who to call? Should I just call 911 and asked them who I should contact about animal neglect?
>>
call animal control and show them this picture and what you said. this is a textbook case of animal abuse and they will take his right to own them away

it's 10x better if you call before he removes that dog corpse so they can get pics that day
>>
Want to be quick about this since I know he's off on Sundays and don't want him to try and get rid of the corpse
>>
>>17222523
I think all ASPCA's close on Sunday (bad luck) so as of right now just call any animal control that you know is open

if still nothing happens, just call 911 and ask who to report to for animal abuse and they will help you from there
>>
>>17222515
oh closed huh, don't call 911, but call a non emergency police hotline, which all police stations have and answer. you can call the cops for this but you'll get a better response if you don't do 911
>>
>>17222515
Call the sheriff's office. Ask for animal control help.
>>
Found a phone number on to south mississippi humane society website for animal abuse in my city and I got in touch with a dispatcher and they're sending someone to investigate

Thanks for the advice
>>
>>17222515
fucking tragic; what a waste.

i wish the penalties for animal cruelty/neglect were much higher than they are. i'm in texas, and i think we've been getting a lot of the same weather; fucker must've left the poor thing outside, died of hypothermia/exposure, maybe. jesus.
>>
OP, keep us in touch for any updates, ok?
>>
keep us updated
>>
>>17222480
>mangy mutt dies
OMG SO CRUEL WHAT A HEARTLESS ASSHOLE >:((
Stop this meme.
>>
>>17223391
All life has value. That dog didn't deserve to die. That is why people care.

You are the heartless asshole in this situation.
>>
>>17223391
>le edgy fedora meme
>>
What a shame, you can clearly see his coat is wet.
>>
>>
File: 1384904561886.jpg (55 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
1384904561886.jpg
55 KB, 500x603
>>17223391
You sound like a cruel person.
>>
>>17223411
>>17223430
it's a baitpost; don't let yourself be taken in by it.
>>
>>17223432
It doesn't matter if it's bait, a shitty person made that post, and they should feel bad.

They won't, but they should.
>>
OP here
Both dogs died

Animal control came by around 30 mins since my last post and talked with the neighbor for about an hour. They took pictures of the corpses and took them

It made my gut turn seeing the officer lift up the dog and it was stiff as a board with its legs sticking up.

Don't know if the neighbor is facing any legal ramification
>>
>>17224080
You did the right thing. And if those dogs died of anything other than natural causes (which seems doubtful) then your neighbour will likely face some kind of charge (how severe is a complete unknown to me, but I imagine at least a fine, hopefully on the list of people who can't own animals anymore.)
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.