[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend broke up with me a month ago, and I still have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: CjwXg88XAAAM_pu.jpg (41 KB, 672x407) Image search: [Google]
CjwXg88XAAAM_pu.jpg
41 KB, 672x407
My girlfriend broke up with me a month ago, and I still have this weird feeling. I keep thinking about her. I don't even like her nor do I want her back, in fact the thought of it makes me queasy. For some reason, I keep thinking about her, wondering how she is, whether she found a new guy, etc.

I keep reminding myself shit like "She was a bad person anyway", "I'm never gonna see her again so it doesn't matter", shit like that, even talked to a friend about it and he assured me I was not in the wrong (mostly) but this feeling like I miss her is still here.

>Is it normal to have feelings after a month? We only dated from January to May.
>>
>>17222385
You had an emotional attachment. It doesn't matter if it is a positive or negative attachment, it will be hard to forget someone like that.

Hell, I still think on occasion about what my old bullies ended up doing - often I amuse myself by thinking they got into terrible relationships etc and are now less happy than I am, etc. And it's the same on the positive side, I often think about my family even though I haven't seen them in years.

It's normal, really.
>>
>>17222385
you still love her in a way. im going through the same shit. just wait it out, it's completely normal
>>
>>17222420
Is there any way I can speed it up?

I want to be done with her
>>
>>17222486
Find new things to think about.
A new girl is the usual way of dealing with those situations, but hobbies are also helpful.
>>
>>17222486
The more intense the feelings, the longer it lasts. Just lose yourself in other things and it will fade soon enough. Everyone is different though, for one person it could be weeks, another could be years. Just don't let it bother you.
>>
>>17222495
I don't think that's exactly healthy. If you're like that it's an endless cycle and you become dependent on a relationship to be happy. Learning to be alone and then when you're ready is better than jumping right into another relationship when you're still not over another just isn't right on yourself or the girl.
>>
>>17222498
OP here, how do I not let it bother me?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.