[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be a doctor-shopping ambien addict that routinely winds up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: SEA54210.jpg (31 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
SEA54210.jpg
31 KB, 288x216
>be a doctor-shopping ambien addict that routinely winds up with 100+ pills a month and takes all of them in that period, if not to get high, then to actually treat a real sleep disorder
>realize this situation is untenable
>tell my side doctors to stop prescribing ambien, plan to get by just on what main doctor provides
>last friday
>get caught by insurance
>Doctor tells pharmacist to shred his prescription
>no more ambien
>withdrawal
>already in hell
>gonna go to his office Monday morning, come clean, explain I'm trying to get to a normal dosage, have other doctors verify it
>but withdrawal will literally kill me and because of another medical thing, rehab is not possible
>ask for, if not a very small dose of ambien, then an anti-convulsive for the seizures and an anti-anxiety med for the panic attacks

Does this sound reasonable or am I fucked
>>
You lost a lot of trust, but legitimate withdrawal should be enough for your doctor to act.

What the doctor does is up to them though. But it seems you have no options, so just go and find out.
>>
>>17222090
How awful is it? Did you get intradose withdrawals while you were on ambien?

I can't even imagine what taking that shit during the day might be like.
>>
>>17222165
It's basically the worst. First you get bad anxiety, everything makes you worry, then shakes, memory confusion, and then seizures. On top of insomnia, of course.

No. Though the first symptom is anxiety, and I have anxiety all the time, so I can't speak to that.

I enjoyed it, but I don't want to talk about it because that'll get me thinking "okay, how do I get enough pills to get high" and I don't want to think like that anymore.
>>
>>17222090
Suffer through it, what kind of scum lies to a doctor for drugs?
>>
>>17222215
Know that feeling OP. I'm tapering off a 7 year benzo dependence. (finally down to 0.125mg clonazepam a day, feel like shit all the time)

It has run its course for me and stopped being any help whatsoever. I was on a much heavier dose before, but then again I used to be on stimulants at the same time which made it all the more worse.

I figured since ambien had such a short half life, prolonged use might lead to intradose withdrawals which manifest as this unexplained anxiety you speak of, but I could be very wrong about this.

What I know now is, I can't drug my way out of whatever makes me uncomfortable, it always catches up to you, might as well chuck the habbit.

>>17222232
You don't belong here.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.