[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really fucked. I was on academic probation this year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1390413676629.jpg (41 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
1390413676629.jpg
41 KB, 600x451
I'm really fucked. I was on academic probation this year due to a previous failure, but I couldn't motivate to study enough...
I failed most of my classes which leads me to have to retake them this summer. I will have between 5 and 8 exams to study for in 11 weeks.
Am I really fucked or should I motivate myself to study 8 hours a day ?

Any tips for doing this ?
>>
Give up. You're not mentally prepared to do anything to help your situation, in reality you're just fucking yourself in the ass with a cactus.

Heal your mind and soul first, then consider your academic future, since you're not currently taking it seriously.
>>
>>17219421
Well, if I don't retake them I'll be kicked out of college for good, so it's my only hope for my academic future.
>>
Yeah, I too would recommend some rnr. But go see your school's psychologist. Obviously you need to work shit out.

sauce: me on academic probation for the 3rd time in almost 4 years.
>>
>>17219428
Our school doesn't have a psychologist. We can have access to some, but they're not related to the uni. (I don't live in the US and mental heath isn't much of a concern here).
>>
Any advice ?
>>
I'm in the exact situation famalam. Sadly when reality kicks in there was a point for me when I realized that there is no magic waifu saving me.

If you failed already before with less courses, you will fail this time, too. You have literally two options here (in my opinion, maybe there are people out there who have more advice):

- Studying EFFECTIVELY every day for at least 45min for every class you have to retake (don't forget to rest in between your study sessions).

- Go to some kind adviser, maybe they let you take only half of courses and then you finish the rest next semester or so.

Good luck, shamalam.
>>
>>17219640
Adviser doesn't care. For most of the first semester, I couldn't live in the flat I was renting due to insalubrity. I had to go back to my parents' place and commute 5 hours every day, which was horrible. He pretty much said it was my problem. That fucked my motivation.
>>
>>17219427
>>17219416
Man, I really do not understand these post.
You already KNOW what you need to do.
Study like MAD obviously.
You're looking for some support/attention not advice.
Let me run it down:
>Hey guys i did bad in terms of grade and I'll be kicked out of college
>SHOULD I STUDY??
Gee I don't fucking know
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.