[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard is it to get into medical school? I'm a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Image.jpg (254 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
254 KB, 1280x720
How hard is it to get into medical school?

I'm a good student, have been volunteering at my hospital for 8 years (since highschool), shadowed several doctors, participated in several anatomy/physiology competitions, and took all the medical classes my school had to offer. Yet still, I fear rejection. Is it as rough as everyone says it is?
>>
>>17217621
If you've really done all of that and you're still asking this question sincerely, you might wanna reconsider.
>>
>>17217621
I know a lot of med school kids and they're high-strung as hell so I could never roll in that career. Honestly they make me want to kill myself. But to be honest none of them strike me as brilliant, they're just super hard-working and quoteunquote "smart", as in they studied a lot and did well on the MCAT

Honestly your resume sounds impressive, if you've been studying hard as fuck, getting great grades and do well on tests I would keep going for it. But this is my outsider perspective.
>>
>>17217633
I am serious. I just didn't know if anyone here has similar experiences as me and have been rejected.

I just want to make sure I take the right steps
>>
>>17217634
Thank you. Yeah, that test shouldn't be too much of a surprise st my face. I'm just being careful. Surgery is a top-heavy field. I'm not saying I AM in that top portion, but I hope they see I'm dedicated to this field and want to dedicate myself to surgery.

I just don't know what I would do if I get rejected
>>
>>17217654
What kind of schooling have you had so far? My friend is a biochem major who is taking the MCATs but also taking a gap year. If you're a smart dude who's done well in school I doubt getting rejected from med school will be the end for you. Talk to an academic advisor if you're still in school, you probably have more options than you realize.
>>
>>17217663
I've been completely focused on medicine and healthcare. Did pre-med at Columbia, and some biochem courses.
>>
>>17217675
nigga you sound like you're pretty well set up. Go talk to some academic advisors at Columbia, they would know way more than some chan fuckers.

Just be honest with your concerns, most of the time they've been through the same shit
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.