[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Constant urge to hurt people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
Maybe that's just plain weird, but lately I've had the severe urge to get in a fight and mess someone up. I've forced confrontations and been more aggressive in public, but nobody has picked a serious fight with me yet. I get these flashing images in my head of me fighting someone whenever I'm outside, I imagine in great detail how I would hurt them and what I'd do to them. I can't turn this off and I seem to be on auto pilot whenever this happens.
Weirdly enough this has made me more confident and more outgoing as well, I don't have a problem talking to people anymore and I can tell a group of teens or drunks to shut the fuck up if they're being a nuisance on public transport (for example). I seem to be prepared for the worst so I don't care/mind anymore.

Is this a bad thing? Is this normal? Should I be worried? Some of this is also aime towards women, although in a "different" kind of way, I'm sure you understand. That's more worrying but hasn't been a real problem so far, just my imagination running wild when I'm outside.
>>
Of course it's a bad thing you fucking idiot
>>
>>17217582
Sincerely, I am not joking here:

Are you a teenage boy? How old are you? What gender are you? Do you feel frustrated about a specific thing? Would you consider yourself "edgy"?

I know a lot of these sound like memes and jokes, but you may have bipolar disorder or something similar. I know because I have it, and while I don't take meds for it anymore, treatment has gotten it under control.
>>
>>17217588
But it has made me more extroverted and I can finally talk to people.... Isn't that the goal?
>>17217598
I'm male, 20. Not really edgy, no. The exact opposite, extremely polite and introverted and usually trying my best to not be noticed or not be in the way. I know how that sounded, I understand why you're asking these questions. I don't feel frustrated about anything special, just the usual stuff really.
>>
>>17217582
Humans are violent by nature. So long as you only let it benefit your outgoingness, even if its just giving you the courage to tell people to fuck off, there's nothing wrong with it. If you ever find yourself questioning your self-control, however, consider joining a local boxing or sparring ring. Some gyms will also hold matches. Events like those will help you release yourself in healthy doses.

Violence can be healthy if you know how to handle yourself.
>>
>>17217604
Its pretty fucking obvious what you are doing. You are baiting symptoms of APD so that someone comes into this thread and calls you a psychopath, then you can go 'whoahhh dude no im not' while secretly getting a boner. For some fucking reason, people really want to roleplay as psychopaths.
>>
>>17217604
Bipolar dude here,

Take everything I say here with the knowledge that I am not a professional.

Whenever you have this unexplained surge of "power urges", it's sort've like your body giving you strength to deal with the natural world. If you were some sort of animal, you could use that energy to hunt for food, fend off predators, or subdue a mate/enemy.

This is great, if you can control it! It means that you should be relinquishing those urges in other ways, like exercise or finding a mate that enjoys rough sex.

However, the thing that concerns me is that you mentioned you've tried starting fights with people in public. The fact that you're having these urges with strangers cannot be allowed to continue. If one of them does take the bait, you may seriously hurt an innocent person, or more likely, someone is going to beat the hell out of you.

Overconfidence is also a major trap that you could find yourself in.

I'm only sharing these things because I have a lot of experience with situations that sound similar to yours.

This is also going to sound mean spirited, so please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you have a little growing up to do. When you mature a little bit, you'll look back and be embarrassed on how you once acted.

I'm just saying, choose your actions carefully.

Have you ever been in a real fight with a stranger?
>>
This thread makes me think I'm bipolar.
>>
>>17217665
I went until I was 21, before I was diagnosed as bipolar. Once I found out, I had a really big change in the way I perceived things, and I was a lot more calm about how I approached situations. Since then, I've only had two "explosions" and they were both minor things. (Though, I did throw a sandwich at a Subway employee.)

Talk to a doctor about it.
>>
>>17217635
I'm literally just describing what's going on, that's it. I find self diagnosis over the internet stupid, the only way I'd take disorder X or Y seriously is if a professional diagnosed me with it.
>>17217651
Only back in school. I'm pretty certain that I can't fight properly, but somehow I'm okay with that. I feel at ease knowing that I'll hurt someone or get beaten to a pulp, both seem like fine outcomes somehow. I'm also pretty tall with a wide frame, probably why most people in public didn't pick a serious fight with me, with Adrenaline kicking in I'm fairly certain I could "win" a fight against someone (I also read that in a serious situation, WW1 trench fighting, you win a fight simply by being more brutal/willing to do more damage than the other guy). Anyway, this:
>>17217631 seems reasonable, basically what you said as well. Somehow channel that energy into something positive. But how do you make sure that it doesn't just explode at some point? I have zero experience with this, I never felt this way before.
>>
>>17217582
>>17217689
You guys are fucking dicks.
>>
>>17217697
How exactly?
>>
>>17217697
Yeah. It's pretty embarrassing to look back and see how I was acting.

I basically regret all of my teenage years, and most of it's because I was looking for a fight.
>>
>>17217710
Bi-polar anon, still here,

Look at it this way.

Most people are just trying to make it through their day. They have other shit they have to deal with. They're blowing off steam, they're at work, they're thinking about their families. And then someone comes along with an ulterior motive. He wants to break that worldview apart, if just for a moment. He looks at people like objects. Or like characters in a movie.

You can't treat people like that. Imagine if a guy just lost someone close to him, and hypothetically, you try to start a fight with him in a parking lot. You think he needs that shit right now? You don't know what he's going through. He doesn't know what you've had to deal with in the past.
>>
>>17217761
Living in a big city, most people don't seem to care. I know that that's not an excuse to act that way, but why be one of the few who actually act respectful? Why be considerate when the majority of people don't care or do the opposite?
>>
>>17217710
I'll share this story I heard in an anger management course. We all had to share stories about outbursts that we had, and this one was pretty fuckin' awful.

This guy named Ronny was in the class. He was driving on the highway with his kid in the back seat. A dude cut him off, getting off a ramp, and it pissed him off.

He said the worst part was when the guy sped up and drove even faster. He said he felt like he wanted to keep up with him, so he could honk at him or follow him.

Well, he rode on the guy's bumper and started honking his horn. Then the guy apparently got distracted and hit a guard rail.

Ronny's car hit it, and he said he blacked out. When he came to, he said his first instinct was to look back at his kid. His child was dead. He said at that time, an ambulance had come and was trying to get a little girl out of the other car. The other father was crying.

Later, he'd come to find that the girl had a seizure and the dad was speeding to get her to the hospital.

Ronny killed his own child and someone else's kid because he was trying to run him down on the road. There were a lot of other variables at work, but I'm sure that doesn't relieve his conscience at all.
>>
>>17217800
Damn...
>>
>>17217800
Pretty much the most extreme example anyone could come up with. Not really applicable in my situation either. The worst thing that could happen is that I kill a guy who decided to attack me because I told him to shut up. A person like that lacked self control to begin with, and while I'm not going to say good riddance in that case, you get the point that this is something different than a child dying because of me. Or the same could happen to me, which doesn't really change the outcome.
>>
>>17217805
>>17217788
I'm not saying be a soft bitch. Don't let people walk over you. I'm saying, "Walk softly and carry a big stick".

If your inner strength is making you violent, and that violence is giving you confidence, great! But know that true confidence and power come with control.

If someone disrespects you, know that respect in the real world isn't gained by force alone.
>>
im 19 never been in a fight and i really wanna fuck somebody up specifically my exes boyfriend i just hate him so fucking much and ive been fucking her while theyre dating and if he knew hed probably fight me.
>>
>>17217830
I wonder who this poster is
>>
>>17217823
You're a callous piece of shit, just admit it. "Hey, it's not my problem if I kill some guy after he comes at me, that's all on him."

Hopefully they pull a gun on you instead so you can learn a thing or two about dealing with psychopaths from the other side.

>>17217830
>wah wah wah bloo bloo bloo a girl made me mad I'm a pussy I can't handle feelings like a grown man
>>
>>17217825
Maybe there was a misunderstanding, but isn't that kinda what I'm doing? I'm not initiating an attack or anything, I'm just out there doing my thing and maybe asking for a fight. If someone thinks that's enough to attack me I'll have my fight and experience it. Did I really do something wrong in that situation?
As long as I have it under control that is, which I just don't know. I've never experienced this so I couldn't tell you, maybe this is just the normal level of aggression and self confidence and I'm just overwhelmed by it.
What's actually worrying me are those scenes in my head that just keep playing. Especially when it has something to do with women it's kinda uncomfortable.
>>17217837
That's incredibly unlikely where I live. But again, where did I do wrong in that situation? And isn't the end result just one less "psycho" out there? Where is the problem then?
>>
>>17217823
I haven't really shared my own story. I don't know if I want to. I'm trying not to come across as poetic or "deep", but I will share this last piece of advice, and I want you to ponder on it. Remember, I'm just some faggot on the internet. Your course of actions are your own responsibility, but...

Humans are animals. At our very core lies a carnal beast. We can do- or we can be unspeakably evil.

It is our knowledge of morality that grants us this potential.

But the world around us is chaos. The forces of the existence around us is incomprehensible. It sounds extreme, I know. But once you release the thing that is within you, it is out of your hands. The laws of man will be bent, not to your own will, but to the laws of the world around you.

A single punch. A man falling down. His head striking the pavement. His life being over. His family never seeing him again. His whole life's journey, drifting into infinity.

It is not up to your incompetent hands to negatively alter people's lives like this.

Tesla once said something along the lines of, "You will see unimaginable horrors, the likes of which you could have never dreamed, in your lifetime." Or something to that effect.

Based on the experiences that I have had, I can say whole heartedly, that it is within the interest of every man with the strength, to postpone the unimaginable by having as positive an effect as he can on the world around him.

If that makes sense.
>>
>>17217861
>if that makes sense
I thought it was obvious from my posts that English is not my first language, so a simpler version would be nice.
>>
>>17217837
hey im from chicago were they had 55 shootings on memorial day i always carry but i wouldnt fight with it like a pussy

>>17217833
i wonder which shitposter youre referring to.
>inb4 3 yr ex dating bf
>>
>>17217852
Don't ask for violence. You come across as a kid who just saw Fight Club for the first time.

If you want to fight, go to a local boxing club or kickboxing class. Take karate if you want some insight on gaining physical prowess in combat and control of them.

As far as the sexual stuff, that's just pent up sexual frustration. Find a partner that enjoys rough sex. Get it out of your system.

I guarantee that after you fuck a few women that are CONSENSUALLY IN TO BEING CHOKED OR BEATEN or whatever, you'll either get a distaste for it, or find a means of scheduled release.

The sexual aspect of my frustration used to be abusing fat chicks. Don't ask me! I don't get it. I found a few on Craigslist back in the day that were in to that sort of thing, got it out of my system, and never looked back.
>>
>>17217852
just go call niggers niggers and youll get the response youre looking for
>>
>>17217883
Where are you from, Anon?

What're assault charges like in your country?
>>
>>17217890
>we are inherently violent creatures
>don't ask for violence
Makes little sense to me. You're also giving people who are willing to act violently or aggressively more power, they have more options and a wider range of things they can do to get what they want, you're limiting yourself for the sake of deescalation.
>>17217892
There are no black people in my country, not everyone lives in burgerland.
>>17217902
Poland. Self defense is clearly defined and in most cases you get away with practically everything with a good lawyer and because you acted in "shock" or were afraid that he had a weapon or something.
>>
>>17217912
It seems to me that you're lingering here for an argument.

You know that what you're doing, (or rather, what you fantasize about doing), is wrong, and your looking for someone to justify your actions.

It's been layed out for you, my man.

Like I said, violence comes naturally to us. But what I implied was that it's your job to resist that natural instinct because it's separates you from a lower thinking being. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.

What exactly did you want from coming here? If you're going to try and negate any real advice given to you, what is your real purpose here?
>>
>>17217937
>what is your real purpose here?
Wasting everyone's time while I'm stroking my tiny pecker.
>>
>>17217941
Right. Well, it is my sincere hope that if you, the OP, or anyone else that reads this thread ever finds themselves in prison for an assault charge, that they at least think back for a moment on someone that tried to give them some advice.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.