[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do anti depressants work ? What re the side effects ? Are there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1426615110829.jpg (7 KB, 251x234) Image search: [Google]
1426615110829.jpg
7 KB, 251x234
Do anti depressants work ?
What re the side effects ?
Are there different brands with different side effects?
>>
No
None
No
>>
I take citalopram it works for me. Not sure what the side effects are other than possible weight gain.
>>
>>17217050
for some people
nothing serious. Sometimes loss of sex drive.
yes.
>>
>>17217050
Yes they work, they just take a few months to even start to work as they have to change your brain. You might have to change medicines multiple times over twoish years but you'll find one that works. The only side effect I have is that it takes like 3 hours to climax and I don't really have any desire to be in a relationship.

You'll also want to combine theedicayio with a therapist or if not just follow some basic guidelines like always trying something differently even if its just the route you take to your fridge.
>>
>>17217050
No personal experience with them but a few of my friends can attest to their effectiveness. Side effects include;
>loss of appetite
>complete loss of libido
>harsh 'comedown' if you stop taking them

Consider some natural options before jumping for prescription meds. Diet changes, working out, meditation, ect
>>
>>17217050
Yes, but they are hardly foolproof.

Side effects can vary, most common stuff benign shit like dry mouth etc.

Discuss this with your doctor/psychiatrist. You shouldn't be thinking of self medicating, and the more information you have, the better.

Recovered myself with pills to help keep me level enough to work out my issues and leave the misery behind. There is a high chance they won't fix you unless you are also talking things through and making changes in your life.
>>
>>17217068
>they just take a few months to even start to work as they have to change your brain

That scares the shit out of me. I'm not an idiot, but i understand so little of how that works that it scares me.
>>
They don't make you happy, they just numb you so that you feel ok with being miserable. Also, they are infamous for causing impotence.
>>
>Do anti-depressants work?
They do for some people. There are many different kinds, so you may have to try a few to find the right one for you. They also take about 2-3 months to level out in your system and start working properly.
>What are the side effects? Are there different brands with different side effects?
There are lots of different side effects and they do differ between brands/chemicals. Usually, doctors will start with SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors) First few weeks, your most common side-effects are usually dizziness, dry-mouth, anxiety, and blurred vision. Those go away once your system is used to the extra serotonin, though. Long-term effects usually include sexual dysfunction and weight gain, although they're usually not severe.

Medication is a good way to get you back on your feet and boost your motivation to get better, but it doesn't solve the problem completely. You should look into seeing a therapist (free ones are usually available through doctors, if that's an issue for you) and possibly also making dietary/sleep changes and adding exercise to your routine.

I'm taking Zoloft and it works wonders for my BPD-related depression/anxiety. I tried 3 other (horrible) meds before I found this one.

Good luck, OP!
>>
>>17217050
No
They made me hyperactive, temperamental and generally insane, but it's possible that I'm bipolar
No
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.