[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 4307463663_f6cefb0d27_o.jpg (107 KB, 472x720) Image search: [Google]
4307463663_f6cefb0d27_o.jpg
107 KB, 472x720
Be me, 30, relatively good shape, have girlfriend. No longer have to work because retired.

Now what do I do with myself? I don't have to work anymore, but I'm not really talented at anything. Tried music but I'm not really cut out for it I think. What do I do with myself?
>>
How comfortably retired are you?

You might find something you enjoy and start a side business in the field, for fun as much as anything. I have a lot of car guy friends who are filthy rich but run auto shops because they enjoy doing it.
>>
How did you make enough money to retire?
>>
>>17216797

you dont have to be good at a hobby. and no one ever is at first.

when i first started filmmaking it was really fucking bad. now its just marginally 'okay'.

but i enjoy it so why not.
>>
>>17216797
find the meaning of life then post it on adv.
>>
>>17216823
Pulling in 4.5 K a month
>>17216841
Army retired me early for brain damage.
>>17216911
Maybe I'll keep at the music hobby thing then.
>>
bump for advise.
>>
>>17216994
>Army retired me early for brain damage.

Mind being more exact? I'm just curious.
>>
>>17217542
I'm retired with a Traumatic Brain Injury, among other maladies. I'm also on meds for psychosis and depression. Lots of close mortars and jumping out of planes.
>>
>>17216797
Take up writing freelance articles for the keks maybe?

Become an indie movie maker and post shit on vimeo?

Start a hobby like collecting/encoding blurays and devote your time fully to it? Find a community that values such contributions? (there are several)
>>
>30 years old
>retired

What the fuck?
>>
>>17216911
Youtube, twitch, cater to army and vets who game. Grow your audiance for a few years, you'll modestly make 3 to 5k a month if you have abouut 200k subscribers, regularly post videos about twice a week that are worth a damn, and engage with your audiance via twitch
>>
>>17217704
go to school maybe, find something interesting. As a guy in a similar spot, nothing good can come of just sitting around your house all day. 1) It's boring, and will make you boring 2) You still have over half your life left, don't just sit around on your ass the whole time
>>
>>17218027
This is probably the most fun sounding idea I've heard thus far. I like building computers and that stuff. Not sure if I could make engaging content but it could be worth a shot. Hm, how would I pursue this further?
>>
>>17218014
For real, this is my predicament.
>>
>>17216797
YouTube
>>
>>17220191
What do you mean?
>>
bumping for more replies hopefully.
>>
>>17219433
>>17219433
get a decent camera and mic, and set up a paypal for donations if you're wanting to do that. Then make a twitch/youtube channel and record yourself gaming or whatever.
>>
>>17216797
Hobbies. Every man needs a hobby. Ride a bicycle to explore your city. Gym. Music is good.
>>
Photography is a good hobby. It gets you out and about and if you enjoy it you'll start to plan trips around it. Depending on what kind of photography you get into you end up buying gear devoted to it and it'll take up a good chunk of your free time.
>>
>>17222425
Already tried that one. The gear is cool, but I'm not really into it, thanks for the suggestion though.
>>
File: 3301.jpg (38 KB, 531x520) Image search: [Google]
3301.jpg
38 KB, 531x520
>>17216797

Solve this
>>
>>17222706
I don't think solving solved, cryptograms is a good use of my finite time here.
>>
Anything else before I let this thread die?
>>
>>17220912
Become a YouTube star, like PewDiePie
>>
Find something you enjoy and don't become a hermit
>>
>>17217704
That sucks brah :( Hang in there
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.