[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I genuinely have begun to start feeling that there isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: sad-child-portrait.jpg (376 KB, 1920x1271) Image search: [Google]
sad-child-portrait.jpg
376 KB, 1920x1271
I genuinely have begun to start feeling that there isn't anyone out there for me. I may be calling it way way too early at 22, but I feel so far disconnected from everyone, so far gone that something has to be wrong but I can't figure out what.

I'm at that point of my life where we're (My friends, and the people I know) are becoming full grown adults. Most people I know (excluding myself, have another year) are graduating, getting real jobs. Along with that, many are developing relationships, some are having kids and getting married.

And here I am, never been in any sort of committed relationship. I've had a few tinder hookups, which is how I lost my virginity several months ago, but it all has felt empty, and shallow. I really am unfulfilled. Yet no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get anything going relationship wise. I can't get close or form a real bond. I look around and now more so then ever feel left out and left behind. It's almost like I don't click with anyone.

And while the core "me" has stayed relatively constant over the years, much has changed imo for the better. I'm at an all time physical health, I have a decent (but wish it was still better) social life, I have some good friends, but at the same time, I feel like I don't belong to any particular friend group either, more that I'm inbetween a lot of groups. Couple that feeling with the inability to get myself a girlfriend I really do, for the lack of a better term, feel like a lone wolf. And it hurts.

What can I do? Besides, "Keep going and it'll come." type stuff because I've been told that for years now, and it still has yet to click.
>>
bumping with the standard advice
get off 4chan
stop jerking off so much
consider the possibility that you might be a homosexual
lower your standards
see a therapist
become more financially and psychologically secure, so you don't have to be as defensive around the opposite sex
>>
>>17216739

How can people who have had sexual relationships, have friends they like being around, and have an active social life consider themselves to not "fit in" with people?

I'm legitimately confused by this.
>>
I'm like you OP, except I'm 15 years older. I basically just went from wanting a wife and kids to embracing a life of being single and made peace with it.
>>
Your suffering from depression. Real depression, and it is treatable with simple things like talking it out with a shrink, changing your diet, or taking medication.
>>
>may be calling it way way too early at 22
>didn't call it at 18
Disregard women. Built wealth and a legacy.
>>
>>17216739
I felt that way at 18, essentially threw in the towel. By 19 I was in a committed relationship.

Life loves to be unpredictable and basically fucks with people. Just get on with living and let shit happen.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.