[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think there is something wrong with me. When I try to interact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I think there is something wrong with me. When I try to interact one-on-one with a person I always think that I'm not entertaining the other person, as if I'm being boring.

In groups I'm not really the conversation starter, but I always make the jokes or I'm the funny guy, but when the group dissolves and it's just me and other guy I don't do any of those jokes, I just have a normal conversation, something I think isn't enough.

Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>17216113
You're insecure and have anxiety
>>
>>17216113
Why you really care about this? If you feel like you could talk about something then do it and that's it. It's not like 100% of the time YOU have to entertain people. Chilll
>>
>>17216113

dont give off the impression that it is your job to entertain them. if you act like its your job to serve everyone in life, your job to keep conversationg oing, you are going to be miserable and people are going to treat you the way you act: like a slave.

be your own solid person content in your space and other people will want to talk to you. or they wont. its not your job to keep everyone entertained anon
>>
What do I do if the other person doesnt say anything or starts checking his phone? Does that mean I'm boring them?
>>
>>17216221

it means they are bored. not that you are boring them. unless you invite someone over to your house then sit there and do nothing, then you arent responsible. its not your job to keep people entertained. you are not a social slave. you are not a jester.
>>
>>17216113
No, why do you want to be a clown? Just be yourself and accept the fact that you will not get along with everyone else. Some people may simply hate you just by looking at you.
>>
So I should let them start conversations?
>>
>>17216331
Let me phrase it better... what do I do in those kind of situations?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.