[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna keep it short. >meet chick on dating app (she liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x364
Gonna keep it short.

>meet chick on dating app (she liked me back)
>try to talk to her
>she only gives short, closed answers
>after a whole afternoon talking, lose it and ask her if I'm boring her and why she even liked me in the first place
>suddenly she perks up, gives contacts
>starts calling me shit like "cutie", and "sugar" out of the blue (english not my first language)
>urges me to meet her

This was very sudden, but I still went with it. She's treating me almost as if we're dating. Sorry if I sound autistic, but what the fuck is going on here?
>>
You come off as insecure. Don't ask a woman if she thinks you're boring. You should know if you're boring or not. And if there's a chance you might be boring, make yourself not boring
>>
>>17215772
I just got fed up with her lack of effort. I guess I should've just stopped talking instead of saying that. But still, why did she respond like that? I though she'd just tell me to fuck off
>>
>>17215760
women often do this at the start, and even when they start talking more, its mostly shit what they say anyway.
>>
>>17215817
>women often do this

What the fuck? No they don't.
>>
>>17215950

yes they do. maybe not if ur chad thundercock but its pretty common for a woman to give boring shitty non comittal one word answers instead of conversationing. they get hit up by a dozen dudes a day and dont see a reason to invest anything until you impress them in some way.
>>
>>17215956

>conversationing
>conversationing

WUT
>>
>>17215968

I watch buffy the vampire slayer so use a lot of slanguage / whedonisms
>>
>>17215981

It's just not correct lol.
W/e the rest of your remark is spot-on.
>>
>>17215956
Oh I thought you meant the sudden change of humor and sweet name calling, which is the focus of the thread.

Also, why should a woman think herself deserving of any attention if they put zero work towards it? Just because they have a vagina?
>>
>>17215950
they do, nearly all the time. we are talking online right? i have probably spoke to about 100 different girls on tinder, and various other dating sites over the years. only a few of them speak alot at first. as someone else has said, its because they are speaking to a bunch of guys and dont want to invest straight away.

the only time i want a girl, is if i want someone to be gentle with and share my feelings with and shit, plus sex. girls are very rarely interesting. most guys are boring too but i dont want a relationship with guys.
>>
>>17215984

>its just not correct.

im aware. i was aware when typing it. i have awareness. like i said its 'slanguage' as in slayer slang language. its whedonism, the kind of play on words that he made popular on television in the early 2000s.

>>17215986

>why would a woman think she is deserving of any attention

excuuuuse me princess. maybe because people give it to them? if you are one of the few who simply dont approach women then i applaud you, but dont pretend like the rest of the world just sits back and lets women approach them. you know that not to be the case.

its just the tradition of courtship thats unfortunately deteriorated. Men are suppposed to approach women they are interested in. women are supposed to decline if not interested.
>>
>>17216005
It's not just about approaching. I don't care if the man has to approach, but could they at least make some effort at talking and getting to know the person after they introduce themselves? Can they talk and share feelings like a fucking human being?

From the moment a chick starts craving my attention but makes no effort to maintain my interest, I just feel an urge to tell her to fuck off.

And still, not the point of the thread.
>>
>>17216025

not sure i can relate. ive had maybe one girl in my life that both 'craved' my attention and still didnt put effort in.

for most of them its not that they crave your attention. they are approached by guys. if they matched wtih you then they foudn something about you interesting, even if its just a baseline of attraction. but there are a LOT of attractive guys.

so the just wait to see if you got anything special about you. its not really villainous in my opinion. it happens in reverse when im approached by less attractive (but not ugly) girls. figure wait and see if theres some common thing or fun surprise.

with dating the way it is, its a difficult almost toxic situation. we go to these apps saying we want to date, but with such a buffet of people it gets weird.
>>
>>17215986
Yes. You want the sex. I want emotional commitment. Trade or no trade.

That's it.
>>
>>17216065
If sex is the only thing I want, I might put up with it, but it's not tolerable in any other situation.
>>
>>17215782

She's most likely teasing you. Lots of women like to tease and when you basically threatened to break it off, she sprinkled some sugar to keep you from leaving.

So Im saying you should break it off.
>>
>>17215782
She may not have realized that you would be interpreting her responses the way you did. So now she's being blatantly obvious that she's interested. Text communication is extremely well known to be prone to miscommunication which is why only children and adults who act like frightened children insist on using it as the primary way to communicate.

When you "meet" someone on a dating app, you should arrange to actually spend some time where you can actually get to know them instead of trying to get to know their personality via text. If they're not interested in meeting or talking fairly quickly, move on.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.