[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Just finished my masters >Now I feel like killing myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1457741755287.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457741755287.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>Just finished my masters
>Now I feel like killing myself
Is this normal?
>>
>>17214619
Masters in what?

Why do you feel like killing yourself? This needs elaboration.
>>
Yes it is. Just keep going with the flow for a while and don't think much. A year or two at work and you will get the feel of it
>>
well you have pretty much ended a chapter in your life, take some time off and have fun doing something else, like drinking away your life or eating junk food until you no longer can move---

also congrats on your masters!
>>
Yeah it is. You finished a long term goal and you didn't get the rewarding feeling you thought you would feel. Now you are reacting negatively to it.
>>
It isn't uncommon for people to get the blues shortly after a major positive life change, especially coming right off of an extended period that was more negative. This has nothing to do with dissatisfaction; it's more about no longer having to be in such a constant state of heightened awareness. So as far as this goes, your reaction isn't outside the bounds of normality.

But although the nature of your reaction is normal, its severity is not. Suicidal ideation isn't a typical response at all. For that, you need help.
>>
>>17214619
Just set a new goal bro. Happiness comes from working towards things more than from completing them.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.