[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confidence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1464621925140.jpg (235 KB, 800x1198) Image search: [Google]
1464621925140.jpg
235 KB, 800x1198
I've found out that most of the issues that I seem to have are due to my lack of confidence. Few friends, never been in a relationship, never had sex/kissed/etc, bad at talking to people, so on. I don't have a lot of reasons to be unconfident other than those items. I'm not too terribly ugly, and I'm pretty good at guitar/music, and I can be pretty funny sometimes when I'm talking to someone I know and trust. I think part of the reason for it is because (long story short) I really embarrassed myself in front of someone on my Freshman year of high school for a number of months because I didn't know that "I want to be friends" means "I want to be friends". But now I'm 18 and I should be getting into college soon. Shouldn't I have forgotten about that by now? Right now I hate myself for it & can't bring myself to talk to new people.
>>
This sounds like shitty advice, but its a hard concept to put on paper.

Basically, fake it until you make it. Pretend your confident and eventually you will be.

It helps to be a little arrogant too. Unusually, it seems people rather like someone who is mildly arrogant.
>>
>>17214038
I've pretended to be confident for a while t b h.
>>
>>17214038
This is good.
If you fake it enough it'll eventually come naturally to you.
As for the regret or shame you feel for the past event, just think of it as a learning experience. It taught you something new or warned you about something to watch out for and you've grown from it. You should look back and know that you've changed since whatever it was that happened. Plus, I'm sure no one else even remembers it.
>>
first thing about love and sex is that lust leads to artificial attraction. the right girl WILL come along if you try to be the best you can be.

or just go to a party with some friends, get drunk, hit on a girl (dont be creepy), see where it takes you. repeat until success.

or just DOWNLOAD TINDER IF YOURE THAT LONELY
>>
>>17214187
Not OP but what do if you're ugly and online services don't work
>>
File: qt.jpg (24 KB, 420x308) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
24 KB, 420x308
>>17214187
>first thing about love and sex is that lust leads to artificial attraction. the right girl WILL come along if you try to be the best you can be.
OP here, i'm a fag. regardless, is that really tru tho? and what does "be the best I can be" mean?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.