[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a bit of a pickle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: baby.jpg (80 KB, 736x840) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
80 KB, 736x840
So I am currently 28 and child free. We want a baby and start trying but I haven't gotten a relevant job related to my degree. I graduated a year ago (I used to work as a graphic designer but then went back to college) keep going to job interviews every second week. I am a kindergarten teacher, it's not that easy to get a job in this particular area and we can't move due to my husband being a boss at this company.

Should I wait until I get a relevant job or just go for the baby? I already waited a year and I am worried that it might be harder to have a child when I get older. We can support the child, I already have worked up all rights as of this month at a call center. Though not sure If my boss would be thrilled If I got pregnant, but I have rights don't I?

Worried that I will get a job when I am pregnant, because life tends to have the worst timing. Urgh, thoughts?
>>
>>17212343
You seem to be choosing the career / baby scenario.

Its your job as a woman to have bebe. Not to work in call centers instead untill your ovaries dry up.

Is it the right time? Probably. Your husband has a good job. He should be able to fit any unforseen costs.

Also, the right number of bebe is 2.1, if your only thinking of having 1 bebe you are not going to be in demographic balance. There needs to be enough bebe to replace momy and dady when they kick the bucket.
>>
Could always adopt
>>
Sorry, but you aren't a teacher if you aren't teaching.
>>
>>17212343
>haven't gotten a relevant job
Then you are not yet a teacher, you want to be a teacher.
>I have rights don't I?
Depends. Are you in America? If so, lol.

>>17212405
You sound mentally challenged. 2.1 is the average number of children had by people, but it's by no means a number to shoot for. Our world is already overpopulated, feel free to stop at one. Or adopt.
>>
>>17212343
Fertility doesn't begin to drop all that much until 35. My sister had a kid right after graduating without having a steady job related to her field. She couldn't get the kid into daycare so she was out of work for a really long time. It makes it harder, it's doable but can make things a lot harder and make things more difficult for you career wise.

Don't listen to this >>17212405 faggot, do what you want. It's not your duty to be a mother and it's not your duty to be a career woman. There are potential sacrifices on both sides, though most women in their 30s are just about as fertile as women in their 20s. But there is that minuscule chance of infertility or defects, some people don't want to take the risk with something as important as family. Depends on how old your boyfriend is too, if he's your age or younger you'll be more successful than if he's older (infertility and defects increase slightly in men with age too).

The risks are more obvious with the career in my opinion but again, a lot of people don't want to take the chance with family.
>>
>>17212405

Thanks, we wan't two babies. I feel ready for it mentally and physically, but not sure if it's the best choice when it comes to my career.

>>17212420

That's true.

>>17212435

I have college degree that makes me certified as a Kindergarten teacher. I am still a teacher, just unemployed one. Maybe it works differently from country to country.

>>17212455

I am a teacher. Yes, I live In Norway. They require you to work for one year to have all rights, I have done that. Not exactly sure how it works, even if I did read about it. I am not a lawyer and the documents are very confusing.

>>17212464

I am healthy, hmm so I guess I could wait. Honestly Im not sure what I want to do at this point. Worried about waiting, and worried about having the child now. I might never get to teach if I have the child... Unless that makes me more attractive on the job market since I am not a potential "risk" of getting pregnant.
>>
>>17212455
>adopt
>encourage cucking
>encourage the cockroach breeding of less responsible bloodlines
Left wing liberal nigger cuck detected
>>
Good luck having retarded babies with your shriveled up ancient ovaries. For every year you wait after 25 to have a kid, they'll come out worse and worse
>>
>>17212490
>norway
White, blond, blue eyed?
Beautiful, big titted, wide hipped?
Husband the same?
Tall, blond, handsome?
Breed. Like. Fucking. Rabbits.

Nothing like above? 2 is fine, maybe keep it to one. Or like they said, adopt.
>>
File: whenthebaitdrops.png (5 KB, 136x136) Image search: [Google]
whenthebaitdrops.png
5 KB, 136x136
>>17212455
>Our world is already overpopulated

Triggerd.

Only fools belive in overpopulation. Most of the developed world has a fertility rate of less than 2.1, which would see the population not increasing but decresing. People like Bill Gated then take countries like nigeria which has a fertility rate of about 8 and add that to the rate of 2.1 in the developed world, which then gives him a artificially high birth rate, ignoring the fact that many of these african children do not make it to adaulthood, which is WHY the fertility is pushed up to 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBS6f-JVvTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bfHrM
>>
>>17212464
>It's not your duty to be a mother and it's not your duty to be a career woman
Shills, always tryin to make white people stop breeding
>>
>>17212548
Seconded.

If you read Richard Dawkins, the selfish gene, you'll get the clear idea that creating the next generation actually IS your responsibility, and that people will try to con you out of having children (having abortions is a big one) so that they beat you in the evolutionary race.
>>
>>17212523

What do you mean by less responsible bloodlines? As in people that can't support their offspring? There can be so many reasons that people aren't fit to be parents.

>>17212543

Sort of fits, I am a brunette with green eyes and he is a blond man with blue eyes. My husband is 34 and in just above average shape. As far as I know he is perfectly healthy. We are not aware of any specific genetic conditions mental or physical.

>>17212544

Hmm Interesting. I always wondered how we are going to handle the generation gap when people start getting old and there isn't enough young people to support them.

>>17212534

I heard of people over 55 giving birth to healthy children...
>>
>>17212580
>I am a brunette with green eyes and he is a blond man with blue eyes
Hun, have some babies. You are one person, one life. Thay could be your greatest accomplishment. Or you could be a great mother, and raise MANY great lives. Please pick the latter.
Have more than 2, every girl deserves a sister, every boy deserves a brother.

>I heard of people over 55 giving birth to healthy children...
And exception is not a rule
>>
>>17212597

Thanks for the advice, this makes me more motivated to start having children. I am sure the rest will sort itself out, hope so.

If I choose this option, should I still apply for jobs and go to job interviews?
>>
>>17212627
Ofcourse. But focus on being a mama. I'm oddly proud of and happy for you.
>>
>>17212627
Give in to it. No more condims, no more birth control. Let nature take its course. Be excited! Let yourself get knocked up. Dont pregnancy test yourself, just keep going. Eat right. You'll be eating for atleast two from now on. High nutrition, but not too high calorie. Keep your body healthy too, stretch alot, especially the pelvic region. Let your hair grow. Drink plenty of fluids because you will have increased blood broduction for better nutrience transportation.
Dont let ANY complications bring you down. Cant tell you how many miscarriages ive seen destroy a woman when its not their fault at all. Your body isnt stupid, if there's an enviromental reason to terminate a pregnancy, it will do so. Its better to save the mom who can have many children than risk it for one child that may be defective.
Be strong. Be good. Be well.
>>
>>17212671
>>17212646

Thank you so much =)

Solid advice, this helps a lot.
>>
>>17212343
as you get older towards 40 the chances of having a heathly baby decrease and the more chance of having birth defects my sister had her first at 38/39 and my nephew has downs syndrome. dont get me wrong, i love my nephew.
the best kids are the ones that arent planned to shedule (if i have my kid to 3rd wed only when its raining etc) and just let it happen naturally instead of trying to plan your pregnancy to the hilt.
>>
File: 1464322444015.png (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464322444015.png
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>17212687
You're welcome! I'm happy to have been a part of this hopeful new direction in your life! The future just seems a little brighter now. :)
>>
>>17212580
>I always wondered how we are going to handle the generation gap when people start getting old and there isn't enough young people to support them.
The answer is more immigration. That's what Germany is doing right now, which has one of the lowest birth rates in the world. And eventually, robots.
>>
>>17212343
Try for a baby now, it takes awhile to conceive for most people. If you guys are stable now I would say go for it. and don't worry about your boss getting mad, this is your life.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.