[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiding your relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nkmldu7RS11qgsw73o3_400.jpg (60 KB, 400x530) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkmldu7RS11qgsw73o3_400.jpg
60 KB, 400x530
Have you ever had to hide your relationship? Why? How did it go?

My case
>she's 19, arab
>dad left when she was a baby, mom raised her
>typical "women have to be watched but guys can do whatever they want"
>every sister has so far fled the house when old enough to take care of themselves becaus ehouse was oppressive
>every brother is over protective
>she's hiding me since she isn't allowed to have a boyfriend
>every activity out of the ordinary makes them suspicious
>last year she went to the museum every sunday and they thought she had someone
>we have three months ahead of us until we both leave town to two different places
Any opinion or advice on this is appreciated.
>>
>>17211423
Nerve gas will do the trick
>>
Tell her family that you're Jewish.
>>
>>17211427
I'm half black.
Actually half of my black family is muslim and the other one is christian.

I already asked :
>what if I tell them i'm muslim
>what if we pretend I'm gay

Nothing will get a pass.

It could probably not be a big deal but she's unsure of her ability to lie, and today her brother called, asking where she was (as he usually does) she made up a lie, but it got her stressed out and leaving early.
>>
If she's planning on cutting off contact with her mother anyway, let her go full rebel.
>>
Try talking to them in their native language. At least an alternative they can understand.
>>
I was 23 she was 17

She is 18 now
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.