[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I cancel this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: pastel.jpg (690 KB, 2304x1296) Image search: [Google]
pastel.jpg
690 KB, 2304x1296
>have been chatting to an internet frned for 2 years
>only recenttly i will happen to visit his country so we are considering a meetup
>am a girl
>he said he is very inactive on facebook and he never uses it
>i asked him for his facebook as my parents may want to see it
>he gve me his facebook
>he only has one friend on facebook
>asked him about it and he said he met that girl online and he didnt add any of his other friends as he never thought of using his fb account
>he said he met the girl on 7cupss website and said he shared his facebook to talk to her
should i cancel my idea to meet him? I have video skyped with him before, but I've seen people catfishing others on skype videos (ive heard of ppl pretending to be justinbiber on skype videos to troll his fans)
>>
Dont go. A guy should always come to you first imo.
7cupss is chinese
What country are you from? Is he in china?
>>
>>17210853
no i am from hongkon he isspanish
too expensive for him to flyhere
i mistyped the name with an extra "s"
>>
>>17210858
Then he is not financially stable enough for you anyways. Redflag
And 7cups is for therapy and counceling.
Hes unstable. BIG red flag.
No, dont do it. You can find someone else if you want something in person, physical. But dont fly half way around the world by yourself unless you know that person is stable, financially, mentally.
>>
>>17210866
i am not romantically interested in him
i like him as a friend and i just want to see what he is like irl (am curiosu too)
he said he was there to help others
>>
>>17210868
Are you financially stable enough to be on your own in another country?
>>
>>17210868

What exact apprehensions do you have about the situation or of him?
The lack of fb friends? Him talking to a girl prior?
>>
>>17210869
yes
i am asking about safety here
not money
i just found the whole facebook thing very dodgey
gave him my number - is it time to regret it?
>>
>>17210870
lack of facebook friends
like if he wanted to verify me, it is easy. i have ppl from primary school, secondary school and uni added as well as other ppl in my network such as relatives
him? nothing!
it is dodgey for his facebook to be this "empty"
>>
>>17210872
A girl going to a place that she has no saftey net in is always dangerous. Bring a friend at the very least
>>
>>17210878
i will bring two girls along with me
we will definitely meet in a public area with tourists everywhere! and of course i will not go to a private area with him
do you find his fb dodgey? i do
>>
>>17210874
Perhaps. But you really didn't ask him to verify himself or prove that he is reliable?

Personally, I have like 500 ~ish friends, but those are artists I added. A large number also looks sketch. In fact I only have 2 close friends and would probably only have those two people if I wanted to share anything substantial with the world.

Not everyone likes social media, nor has one. I deactivated my account about a couple months back, but rarely went on it prior to that too. I spoke to one person continiuosly and honestly I am better without it.

BUT I am also paranoid and don't like leaving a trail of my thoughts everywhere on the interwebz, and don't share images of my face, so kudos for him being on skype on the first place?
>>
>>17210887
well should i expliclty ask him to prove himself?
i know that i never show my face online too. he was the only exception. i never gave anyone my real name online. he was the only exception again. i never video skype or even have a voice skype call with anyone online. he was the only exception
he told me that he was the only person from online that he had a video skype with. could be lying
>>
bump
Reddit says that it is dangerous:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Advice/comments/4m691s/should_i_reconsider_meeting_my_male_online_friend/
>>
>>17210834
Some general advice- Meet in a public place like a busy mall, etc. If he's questionable at all, don't go anywhere private until you know 100% that he's not going to grind you up and put you in his freezer. Trust your judgment, if something feels weird don't meet up.
This may sound paranoid, but you don't know anything about this person and you'll be alone and very vulnerable.
If you have any friends in the area that you trust, bring them with you.
>>
You can just tell him that your parents are apprehensive and you'd like to see his ID card.

One of my closest online friends (that I met IRL a few times) doesn't even have facebook. He just doesn't like social networks.
>>
>>17210919
i will defintiely bring friends with me and meeet in a public area
his facebook seems SO dodgey
>>
>>17210920
>you'd like to see his ID card
seriously? i definitely will NOT share that with anyone i know! even irl
yeah my onlinefrend said he dislikes facebook as well which is why he doesnt have friends there
he said he added that girl from pakistan as they met on 7cups and he wished to continue talking to her
are you a girl? how did you learn to trust your friend?
>>
>>17210923
Really? A card with name, surname and birthday is something so secret?
All my friends know it.
>are you a girl? how did you learn to trust your friend?
Yes, I am a girl.
First, I trust him because I don't think that every guy I meet online is a rapist or a serial killer. Which is a good mindset.
I trust him because everything he says makes sense. No contradictions, no bullshit.
He told me where he went to school and what he studied, and everything he said is coherent with the informations on the website of his university. He talked to me about what he does/where he lives and the infos I find online are coherent with what he says.
We have also been friends for years, talked in video/voice a lot.
When we first met, we met in a public area and I told my friend where I was and who I was with (phone number, name, surname, address).
>>
>>17210936
im from hogkong so the law is different. if someone knows your idcard number, they can do a lot of illegal stuff
>I don't think that every guy I meet online is a rapist or a serial killer
true, but better safe than sorry
but dont you find his facebook dodgey? i do
>He told me where he went to school and what he studied, and everything he said is coherent with the informations on the website of his university. He talked to me about what he does/where he lives and the infos I find online are coherent with what he says
my internt friend did the same thing for two years. but still, a creepy 40-year-old prevert from spain(he is spanish)can fake this shit too, right?
>talked in video/voice a lot
we did that too
i will meet him with two other girlsni the public
but seriously? only a girl from pakistan who he met online on his facebook account? that is dodey!
>>
>>17210936
and just look at what people on reddit said
https://www.reddit.com/r/Advice/comments/4m691s/should_i_reconsider_meeting_my_male_online_friend/
>>
>>17210943
Then don't meet him, if it's something that makes you feel so uncomfortable.
I met my friend because I trusted him and he never did anything that made me feel uncomfortable or bad about him.
To me, you're making a huge deal out of something super small.
If there are no red flags beside the facebook thing, maybe he just doesn't like facebook.

Do you honestly think that a predator would talk for 2 years to a girl from Hong Kong without never getting sexual with her and never doing something weird/incoherent instead of talking to a girl nearby?
>>
>>17210958
Yes, ZERO red flags besides facebook
He told me he doesnt like facebook from the very start (i.e back when no one had the plan to meet each other)
I just find if strange how he has no famioy members added on FB. Instead he friended an online gril from pakistan
Judt curious, do you romantically likr your onpine friend?
Woud you meet him if you were me?
>>
>>17210958
>Do you honestly think that a predator would talk for 2 years to a girl from Hong Kong without never getting sexual with her and never doing something weird/incoherent instead of talking to a girl nearby?
You have a point and i agree with you. Back thrn i had zero plans about flying to spaiin.
Hr can also easily hook up with some girl at a bar
He never flirted with ke or anything, but i somewhat suspect he likes me
That person on reddit told me to cut contact eith him though.
I just used 7cups myself and two listenerd there told me not to trust him
>>
I looked at your reddit account and you seem kind of autistic over this whole issue, like you have some kind of trauma.
>>
>>17210960
Maybe he doesn't like or use facebook as a social network, and he made it just to talk to this girl.
Sometimes when I used omegle people would ask me to add them on facebook to keep in touch, because they didn't use skype. I always declined since I have personal informations I wouldn't share with a stranger online, but if I had to make a new account with zero things about me and I just used the chat to talk, maybe I would.

>Just curious, do you romantically like your online friend?
Nope. He's engaged. I even met his fiancé.
>Would you meet him if you were me?
Yes.
>>
>>17210972
Yeah but his facebook is so dodgey. Why only ONE from pakistn he met in sevncups added there? Why no family members?
>>
>>17210974
>Maybe he doesn't like or use facebook as a social network, and he made it just to talk to this gir
Wow good explanation then
I thought of deactivating mijes too but never did
He can share his email with that girl from pakistn though
Not to sound racist but you know how pakistn is muslim and now there is the isis
>>
>>17210975
>>17210975
He probably is a NEET with no life and it's only interaction with the opposite sex are on da internetz.
>>
>>17210979
email is not really a way to chat, it takes time to reply, it's not instant communication like text.

You're really overthinking this. Relax and enjoy yourself with your friend.
>>
>>17210975

This is turning autistic. I followed a girl to tumblr. I mean it was clear I wanted a relationship since we met on OKC. I just think he got dragged to fb. I have weak will around women and just do as they say.

Also I would not have had family on fb, ever. Is it possible that he sees most of everyone he knows (or cares to keep in touch with) in person? Why fb message your brother when you can call? Stuff like that?
>>
>>17210990
Ah ytur some peoppe on omeglr ive met said they dint want my email on facrbook
>>
Stable internet friends only please:
https://discord.gg/0Xc4Gfg3ZvJJylc2
>>
>>17210882
If you are going with two friends you will have a good holiday regardless. I think there's a lot of red flags but not much harm can come of meeting him in a cafe with your friends there.

Make sure though, you do not tell him where you are really staying, and don't let him convince you to meet him elsewhere. Keep everything on your terms and be secretive until you get to know him personally.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.