[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi first timer on this board as i am usually a /pol/tard. don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: freshprince.jpg (236 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
freshprince.jpg
236 KB, 600x416
hi
first timer on this board as i am usually a /pol/tard.
don't know the etiquette here so sorry. i could use some advice so here goes...
>live with girlfriend, she's a degenerate alcoholic
>been trying to "change for 3 YEARS"
>doesn't care about its affect on me
>constantly fight
>she says we need to "make a list"
>so we can sit down and talk it out
>convo begins when i get home from work
>she has list
>and a pint of booze in her as well
how the fuck can i take this seriously?
>tell her again my main prob w her is alcohol
>gets pissed, tells me she doesn't want to see me
>i should move out
>close door, lock it, try to sleep
>this morning, she so sorry
>again
>ask her if she was drinking during "list time"
>she says 'no'
>i could smell her across the room
i care about this girl, but i can't fix her
she doesn't understand what an asshole she is when she drinks, which is about 3 or 4 times a week (not socially, she gets SMASHED and mean).

so, what the fuck do i do now?
ask me some questions if you like.
>>
You videotape her ass being a drunken fucktard and show it to her when she's sober.
>>
>>17207695

What was on the list?

If I were you, I would give her an ultimatum. Either she quits drinking or you leave her. Let her know that you're absolutely serious and that it's her last chance. Meanwhile prepare to leave her because she probably won't stop drinking. It will suck at first and she will most likely clean up her act for a few weeks in an attempt to get you back. But your life will be better off without her in the end.
>>
>>17207717
good idea
>>17207727
my list was pretty much all alcohol and what stems from it. her list was, in my opinion, things that stem from and were created by HER alcoholism. but she doesn't get it. I'm packing my bags as i post this. i don't believe she's sincere. she's a good person, but she's just lost in booze. last night she wants me to leave, today she wants me to stay. i can't fucking live my life like this.
>>
>>17207742
I can't take credit for it but it's the quickest and most surefire way of getting a drunk to actually want to change their behavior. It's not magic and not guaranteed, but it's basically always a powerful wake up call. Best of luck to you both, whatever happens. Shit's rough man. Stay strong.
>>
>>17207778
thanks friend
sometimes the nicest thing you hear for a week comes from an anon stranger on the internet. i guess thats when you know you need to change your scene. thanks for the reply
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.