[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need your opinion on my project
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: cuboooak.png (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cuboooak.png
142 KB, 1920x1080
Hello guys !

I will launch my project soon on Kickstarter, but before I would like to know what you think about it : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cuboak/89598128?token=2a7c0084

Thanks !
>>
>>17207544

Not giving you clicks you idiot.

Not Your Personal Focus Group
>>
>>17207544
I am not an engineer, so you may have thought of these things already. but I will say them anyway, just in case.

the pitch video is pretty good, and the concept has a lot going for it. I am a bit worried about the units structurally though. maybe you should offer bracers to give support to the larger configurations.

will the boards have holes for hardware to be inserted? in the one part of the video, it looked like someone was installing holes. if it is snap-together, that the metal bars may not be enough to hold the boards together when weight is placed on them or something is leaned against the unit.

I like the idea of using boards instead of particle board. but I will say this: although the lumber industry makes standard sizes of boards, they sometimes use loose tolerances compared to most manufacturing. the difference is not as noticeable if building a house, but when assembling small things like furniture, a few mm or cm can stack up quickly. if the board is supposed to fit snug into the channel, you may have problems with fit. and even a small amount of warping can throw everything off. if you haven't already accounted for this in your design, you should do so. carpenters deal with it by measuring a lot and planing or adding shims where needed. your end users will not be carpenters. so you will have to find a different answer.

again, I am not an engineer, so some of this may already be obvious to you.

overall, it is an exciting idea, and I think you should continue developing it. I really like the idea of it, and I hope you can make it into something successful. good luck OP!

>>17207663
I agree this is not the correct board for a request like this. maybe /diy/, but I don't know if they'd be ok with you promoting a kickstarter. /wsr/ might have been a better choice. but the concept intrigued me so I peeked.
>>
>>17207544

maybe /biz/ but even then using 4chan to make money for you = your shit is gonna get fucked up.
>>
>>17208010
well OP wasn't asking for donations, just opinions. but even posting it at all could be construed as advertising, I guess, since it has a donation thing up there. haven't seen a lot of kickstarter posts anywhere on 4chan so idk, maybe mods just delete them all right away.
>>
Sorry if it's not the good place, I don't know 4chan very well but of course I would like opinions and not money from you

>>17208001
Wow thanks for your support and this complet return, I will look at him carefully (just time to translate ahah)
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.