[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf texts her guy friend every day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: 1401989647121.jpg (93 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
1401989647121.jpg
93 KB, 800x960
So I've been dating this girl for like 8 months now, and I'm starting to feel uneasy about the fact that she texts one of her friends all day every day.

From what she's said they talk about purely platonic things, like movies music food whatever. She says he dates girl off and on. But let's be real here. I never met a straight dude that talks to a girl every day purely for the stimulating conversation.

The thing is the guy goes to school in a different city but he's in our town for the summer. He invited her to a graduation party of a friend of his but she didn't go. I'm like mildly stressed out

Am I being an overreacting jealous faggot? Should I care about this? I mean I trust her, but I can't help but feel hurt and uneasy sometimes. Especially when the she texts him even when I'm there and also late at night. I've brought this up before and she said she understands where I'm coming from and says she doesn't text him late at night anymore. Whether or not it's true idk. But I just want to hear your guys opinion on this since I know I'm not the only one to go through something like this.
>>
File: 1463811694158.jpg (50 KB, 425x639) Image search: [Google]
1463811694158.jpg
50 KB, 425x639
How's the sex?
>>
>>17206830
pretty bomb if I do say so. she gives bjs like hot cakes. she's even been dying to have me put it in her butt recently
>>
File: truckin.jpg (131 KB, 1000x948) Image search: [Google]
truckin.jpg
131 KB, 1000x948
>>17206835
Then stick with her.

>The quality of the sex is the best metric of the relationship.
>>
>Partner's friendships

1.) You can't say shit your GF's friends, especially ones who have been around longer than you have.

2.)Not all guys are motivated by their cocks in all actions involving girls.

I'm a dude, I'll be friends with girls and talk/text them often because they're friends. Some I even see as little sister status (I.E. completely off my radar sexually).

3.) If you trust her, who gives a fuck.

If she's going to do shit, she's going to do shit, regardless of if it's this guy you see her talking to all the time, if it's him and you DON'T see them talking, or even if it's a completely different guy who you never know anything about.

If she's going to cheat, there's is jack all you can do about it, and you freaking about it does absolutely fucking nothing to stop it and just drives you crazy. In fact, if you're too insecure/controlling/needy it might even encourage it.

Chillax.

Trust her or don't.

Those are your only two options, you can't half-ass them.
>>
>>17206827
as long as she is giving you succ then its all good
>>
>>17206827
You are being an overreacting jealous faggot, yeah.
Know those crazy bitches that want to go through your phone and cry when you don't let them, and constantly demand you don't talk to or look at other girls?
You are being like them. Don't be like them. If the sex is good and you get along outside the bedroom too, why give a shit if she talks with some friend a lot? It's your dick she's sucking.
>>
On one hand you're slightly overreacting. It's bullshit to say straight guys and girls can't just be friends and enjoy talking to eachother. A lot of people enjoy having a friend of the opposite gender to confide in and get some perspective.

On the other if she's seriously texting him all day (even when she's spending time with you) that is a problem. I'd get annoyed if my girlfriend did that even if she was talking to another girl. It's rude as fuck and just not something you should do.

TL;DR you have a right to be irritated, but you should be irritated at the fact she's being an ignorant cunt, not the fact she might be cheating on you
>>
>>17206908
>>17206886
But listen, I'm sure that if the dude she's talking to got a gf, she won't be too happy with him texting my girl every day

at the point everything will go silent i bet
no?
>>
>>17206943
If his hypothetical girlfriend is as much of a jealous bitch as you are, sure.
Seriously though, if they're just friends, they're friends, who cares. People have friends of the opposite gender, big whoop.
Apart from that, see >>17206929, the problem is more than she's a rude cunt.
>>
>>17206946
I mean I don't really mind if she texts ppl occasionally while were hanging out, since I do that to (albeit not with other girls, or at least girls im particularly attracted to)

I just don't like the thought that this guys somehow involved with our relationship, as dumb as that sounds
>>
>>17206943
>But listen, I'm sure that if the dude she's talking to got a gf, she won't be too happy with him texting my girl every day
>at the point everything will go silent i bet
>no?

And you're suggesting you're going to tell her?

Because that sounds like a good way to get your ass dumped when she inevitably finds out your an insecure and rat ass bitch who goes around sabotaging/interfering other peoples relationships--especially if they're in as close contact as you say.

<.<
>>
>>17206949
But you don't know if she's attracted to him, do you? You just assume that because, as we've established, you're a jealous little bitch.
If it bothers you that much, tell her it bothers you that she's always on the phone when you're with her.
Because trying to forbid her from texting some guy will get your bitch ass dumped.
>>
Okay
>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>all day every day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitch please ... even with my mom i don't talk everyday...

>From what she's said they talk about purely platonic things

I bet they also have platonic sex.
>>
File: loyal.png (509 KB, 694x682) Image search: [Google]
loyal.png
509 KB, 694x682
>>17206827

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>I never met a straight dude that talks to a girl every day purely for the stimulating conversation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You seem to be a very smart man. So let me tell you something, you are right. The problem you have is not with the dude in himself because men will always be men seeking for the first opportunity to get laid but the issue here is with your girlfriend.

It can be 3 things, strictly hypothetical :

/A\ Education

Maybe she has always been living that way, talking to dudes because she founds them funnier and better story tellers than girls. So in that case, i suggest you just talk to her and tell her how you feel... be straightforward, it will save you time and trouble.

//A\\ She likes him

She feels more comfortable talking to him instead of you and she got attached to that guy because she founds him very funny or sensitive or I dunno. She doesn't have enough fun with you and doesn't get all the satisfactions she needs from you.

> she doesn't text him late at night anymore ????????? Hello ?????? If this is not a bait thread then i dunno whatis.

Sex doesn't mean shit to women... she can have sex with you and think about him ;) ! Been there, it hurts like hell.

///A\\\ Relashionship rules ?

There is something you should explicitly talk about at some point while being on a relationship. How to behave ... she doesn't know you or what you like or dislike. It's not about controlling her, it's about living in peace.

Don't play the "Oh i don't want to be the jerk" card on me. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY YOU CAN GET THIS BITCH TO BE LOYAL.....

If she refuses the "let's have a conversation" talk, then you are in a bigger trouble than i thought...
>>
>>17206827
>She says he dates girl off and on

he's gay. no need to worry. case closed.
>>
>>17206827
Either you dress her in a burka and chain her to the bed, or you trust her. Make up your mind.

If your idea of a relationship is that she have no other friends or confidantes than you, you are going to drive her away and lose every other girl in the world.
>>
>>17206827
You're both being immature.

You're being jealous and insecure, maybe.
Some people manage to become friends and have a lasting, purely platonic relationship with people of the opposite gender, some others don't.
You should try to understand her, your relationship and her friendship with this guy.
Is he truly a friend or he is a orbiter? Is your girlfriend the kind of girl that constantly seeks validation from guys?
Do you give her attentions and affection? How is your relationship in general? Is he giving her something that you're not giving her, and, if so, can it be fixed?
How are their conversations? Why do they like talking so much? Is there sexual tension between them? Why does she want him as a friend but not as her boyfriend? Is he interested in her?

She is also being disrespectful because when you spend time together, she shouldn't be texting other people.

Communicate better and try to work on your relationship.
Learn to be more trusting, and make her understand that there are some boundaries she shouldn't really cross - you're her boyfriend and you should be the person she gives most attention to.
>>
>>17206886
This is by far the most sound and comprehensive advice on the topic.

If your girlfriend is going to cheat, then she is going to cheat. End of story. Even if she's not cheating on you with this guy, she could be cheating on you right now with ten other guys that you have no idea exist. You can't really even confront someone about this because if you have no evidence, they have no reason to confess.

If you seriously think she's cheating on you and feel like you have solid evidence, break up with her unless you just wanna stay for the sex. If you don't feel that you have solid evidence but have some gut feeling she's cheating, break up with her unless you just wanna stay for the sex.

For what it's worth, I'm a guy and have had more than a couple of close female friends over the course of my life just because they were nice and fun people that I had things in common with. There was no sexual attraction from my end, so it's very possible that there's none from that guy's end.
>>17206949
>I just don't like the thought that this guys somehow involved in our relationship
Well good, that's something that should make anyone uncomfortable, but he's not involved in your relationship. His relationship with this girl is completely separate and different from your relationship with her. It sounds like you just don't like your girlfriend having any other guy with a prominent role in her life, which just makes you come off as insecure and possessive. And yes, I would be saying the exact same thing if the genders were reversed and you were some girl who didn't like that her boyfriend had a close female friend.
>>
>>17206827
in the real world just about anyone would wonder whats really going on here since she spends so much time interacting with him and he has asked her to a party despite knowing she has a bf and you don't know him so don't fall for the people here shaming you for a natural reaction.
>>
Don't listen to these idiots on this thread. I had my last relationship end because of this issue, had I been more stern in addressing it I probably wouldn't be single with three years of my life invested in her for nothing.

My ex was talking to a guy from across the country on Skype and at the time she had zero friends. Was ok with it at first but then she started texting him and Skyping him more and more.Eventually it felt like it was cutting into our personal time, and it didn't take long for it to start feeling off. Didn't see him as a threat for a shit ton of reasons outside of even distance, but I forgot women don't think and operate on logic quite like men do even her.

One night we were watching a movie, and we're cuddling and I look at her and she has her tablet out and is messaging him on skype. I got pissed and a fight started, she tried to shift the blame to "The movie sucks"x which just pissed me off more, if it was shit and she wasn't enjoying if she should have said something. We resolve it and I tell her she needs to respect my time I'm giving more, I was driving half an hour to see her and spend the day with her twice a week or so that was it. It's not much to ask for her town focus her attention on me during that time frame.

Then a couple of nights later I'm trying to arrange a trip we planned and she isn't responding. At first I thought maybe her phone died, so I give her time. 6 hours later and nothing, I turn on Skype and low and behold she had been on practically all day. Message her non aggressively at first, but then ask if she noticed I had asked her about the trip early today. She tried to play dumb, but I know she almost always has her phone and it rarely dies.

I then ask what she had been up to all day without addressing the previous point that had left her away from her phone. She says messaging a friend, and I know immediately it was him. Ask who anyways to gauge her response since she already flagging herself by being evasive.
>>
>>17207542
So what do you suggest? Do you think him inviting her out means he doesnt respect that shes in a relationship or its just him literally invoting her out?
>>
>>17208382
Continued.

She immediately freaks the fuck out on me and starts saying im acting weird and being nosey. Again this was a massive red flag, she was trying to make it about me and not her odd behavior of dropping off the planet for at least 6 hours and then proceeded to not communicate openly like normal.

She starts hanging up on me and flipping out, yet will keep calling me back. At this point I know shit is getting out of hand and after a hour of trying she spills her guts that she is emotionally involved.

I tell her ultimately that she needs to either keep this shit in check, or cut him out of her life. What I should have done instead of trying to not come across controlling, was flat out tell her to cut contact. I shouldn't have trusted a abnormally behaving and biased person to manage their own emotions and life choices.

Long story short from there she wanted to go meet the guy alone, and spend the weekend with the guy alone besides a bunch of his guy friends who she also barely knew at a Con. If she was going with anyone else, or her friends who moved away I would have been cool with it. But 6 guys she knows nothing about but a digital persona built up in her mind is fucking insane.

We had a fight, I told her it was fucking retarded to go to a con with your transportation being tied to a guy who you share mutual interest with who she barely knew. Then proceed to stay in a hotel room alone with this guy and a bunch of other guys alonever almost a hundred miles away. That I wasn't ok with it, that it wasn't fair to me to deal with this any further and it needed to stop. She got super resentful, but it took time for it to develop. Thought she had stopped talking to him, but she hadnt. And one day she randomly stopped giving me sex, a glaring red flag if there ever was one. I tried addressing it, but she insisted nothing was wrong and I couldn't get her to talk. All communication ceased, shortly after we broke up.
>>
>>17208428
>>17208428
You did the right thing, it pisses me off when people think they have the right to be in a relationship with a person while testing the waters with another person. My gf went to a concert with a guy I hated And told me it was okay because she only saw him as a friend, I was done with her at that point.

In my opinion creating a space where cheating is a option is just as bad as cheating.
>>
>>17206827
A boyfriend is supposed to be a girl's best friend, there should be nothing she can be talking to the guy about that she can't talk to you about so I do not see why she NEEDS to be texting him. A guy who talks to a girl that much who he knows is in a relationship doesn't respect it and she is letting him get away with that which is a major red flag.
>But he has been my friend forever!
When you are dating someone your goal is to be with that person forever this is your life partner that relationship should be more important to her than one with her friend, if not she does not respect you.
>>
>Am I being an overreacting jealous faggot?

yeah

dump her, for her sake
>>
>>17208520
>When you are dating someone your goal is to be with that person forever

this is the most virginal sentence ever written
>>
>>17208551
I should have put "When you are dating someone you love"
>>
I've been the guy friend in this scenario before. I just texted the girl because we had the exact same sense of humour and I knew she was good for a conversation.
>>
>>17208562
So obviously you see someone like her as a potential mate correct?
>>
>>17208571
No. She was too short for me. I just liked her sense of humour.
>>
>>17208571
not everyone is so sex-starved they want to fuck their friends bro
>>
>>17208584
But generally that which has a penis is always down if the offer presents itself. You cant deny this
>>
>>17208606
Watch me.

Denied.
>>
>>17208574
>Too short for me
I have never heard a guy say this about a girl unless she was a actual midget
>>
>>17208606
what you're saying is you would never turn down sex and can't conceive of people who are not exactly like you.
>>
>>17208611
She's not, I'm just a giant.
>>
>>17206827
>I mean I trust her

almost every guy who said that got cheated on by a girlfriend with guy friends. OP you should know by now that if a guy is straight he definitely wants to see her naked even some gay guys wan to. also guy friends are nothing but plan B if your relationship fails.
>>
>>17208640
t. man who has never had a relationship before
>>
>>17206827
youre being cuck'd
sorry about your luck, op
>>
File: 1464806200875.jpg (206 KB, 1242x1229) Image search: [Google]
1464806200875.jpg
206 KB, 1242x1229
Yeah, guys don't just text girls ALL DAY talking about "platonic stuff". It just doesn't happen, even with guys who are good friends with girls.

On top of that she is being rude as fuck, and essentially letting this dude cut into your together time by texting him 24/7. Honestly, I'd dump a girl who acted like this without hesitation.
>>
>>17208668
I've text girls ALL DAY before talking about platonic shit.
>>
>>17208668
>It just doesn't happen, even with guys who are good friends with girls.

the worst part is that you are so sheltered you don't even know it
>>
>>17208671
>>17208672
Haha, you poor fucks actually sit on your phone all day, texting a girl who is never going to touch you about life? Guys don't even do that with other guys. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>17208681
You not sure how texting works? It's a great invention. I'll give you a hint: You don't need to babysit your phone for 24 hours straight to text all day. Crazy, I know.

Why would I ask someone I'm not attracted to to touch me? Seems a bit fruitless.
>>
>>17208688
OP said they are texting 24/7, even at times when they are together. So I'm assuming they aren't putting their devices down, you smug shit.

On top of that, if you actually hold a delayed, boring ass conversation with someone, solely over text, over the course of a day, you're a waste of space.
>>
>>17208672
I'm a girl, and he is right, a total douche, but right. The ONLY time guys have consistently texted me every single day, is when they are interested, even if they don't admit it at first.

If you're texting a girl you know all day, about random shit and you aren't interested, you're fucking strange.
>>
>>17208694
Oh dear, it seems the robot has wandered off the reservation.

Back you go, little guy.

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>17208649
If guys want true friendship they will stick to their male friends because they offer a superior experience. do you honestly believe her "guy friends" are not going to fucker if she says the word or are not waiting for that perfect opportunity for op to slip up so they can sleep with her. you are probably a female who is not honest with herself.
>>
>>17208707
>I've never had friends
We know. You don't need to keep telling us.
>>
>>17208681

wow, you don't know what it's like to have friends, of either gender, do you.

that's a real bummer.
>>
>>17208696
>i'm not interesting enough to have friends
>obvs everyone who does is weird

lol
>>
>>17208713
Jesus Christ you women need to start being more honest because almost every guy will emit women and guys can't just be friends for the exception of gay guys. also for your information I have plenty of friends.
>>
>>17208744
>you women
Want me to whip my dick out and make you feel physically inferior as well as socially inferior?
>>
I think after highschool the need for male/female relationships should be over UNLESS there is some sort of attraction there, then what is the point? There is no room to grow nothing to build on, you aren't going to take your male friend on vacation with you when you are with your husband and family, he isn't going to be there for your kid's graduation, he isn't going to provide for your family at all because he should be building his own relationship with another girl UNLESS he wants to be you husband and in that case he is a threat to your relationship ship and should be dropped.
>>
>>17208722
I think after highschool the need for male/female relationships should be over UNLESS there is some sort of attraction there, then what is the point? There is no room to grow nothing to build on, you aren't going to take your male friend on vacation with you when you are with your husband and family, he isn't going to be there for your kid's graduation, he isn't going to provide for your family at all because he should be building his own relationship with another girl UNLESS he wants to be you husband and in that case he is a threat to your relationship ship and should be dropped.
>>
>>17208784
>>17208792
Didn't mean to double post
>>
>>17208748
Everyone has 12 inch penis on the internet.
>>
>>17208805
Don't get shy now, rotten pecker.
>>
I talk to a girl friend of mine every single day, usually constantly throughout the day.

We've known each other for nearly 10 years, and we already got the sexual tension out of the way. Now we're just buddies.
To be clear: I'd still rail her. I'd rail her HARD. But I have absolutely no interest in dating her, and if she were dating anybody I actually had respect for I'd feel too guilty to do it.

But the guy she's dating is probably the biggest loser I've ever met in my life, so I'd do it.
>>
>>17208748
OP can we put this to the test so I can proof this idiot wrong. Tell your girlfriend to tell this "guy friend" of hers if he want to have sex with her and see if he doesn't show up at her door step in a heart beat.
>>
>>17208833
>OP, I have no friends of my own, especially no female ones, so can you pretend you broke up with your girlfriend so I can try to win an internet argument?
>>
>>17208425
it means he doesn't care she's in a relationship and assumed because they spend so much time chatting she would go. It's great she turned him down knowing a line had been crossed but that should also tell her he will try again if she continues on the level of interaction. I have great friends both men and women and none am I interacting with 24/7. I get tired of them and they of me.
>>
>>17208833
all OP would have to do is ask her to introduce him to this guy friend. Shit would blow the fuck up
>>
>>17208425
It's just a fucking invite m8. I ask my friends to come out with me sometimes because I enjoy their company. I don't want to dick everyone on my contacts list. Stop being so paranoid.
>>
>>17208846
never said to break up you idiot.also guys don't care if a girl is an a relationship guys will still fuck her.
>>
>>17208886
>acting as if women even notice you exist
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.