[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop comparing girls to my ex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 20160321_141515.jpg (1 MB, 1858x1019) Image search: [Google]
20160321_141515.jpg
1 MB, 1858x1019
>break up with ex of three years, two whole freaking years ago
>I was the one who was a mess and handled it like a pathetic beta
>she seemingly moved on just fine
>there's this great girl in my life now, but hung up on the fact that she's much less attractive than my ex
>still feel like I have something to prove and want to show ex I found much better than her, but this girl's looks are holding me back

It's stupid, I know. Advice?
>>
Just stop that bullshit. If you choose a girl by looks you are gonna fail that relationship. If she is a great girl otherwise and you are attracted to her sexually then go for it and forget about some shitty ex. Life goes on, live your life for you, not some ex who doesn't give a fuck about who you are dating.
>>
>>17206704
That's the thing, this current girl has an amazing personality, but I just don't find her physically/sexually attractive. And pretty as it is, I even want to avoid my ex thinking for 1 second "hah, look at the chick she's dating now" before forgetting forever
>>
>>17206708
Then you have to dump the girl. Don't settle. You should also stop caring about what other people think.
>>
>>17206708
lmao rly

what do you even want to prove to yourself?
Do you really need to get a bombshell qt3.14 gf to spite your ex?
>>
Is it only the girl's looks you're comparing to your ex or more?
>>
>>17206710
Unfortunately I set too much store by what people think of me.

>>17206716
That I'm worth itâ„¢, but in reality I'm a 4/10 whose standards are too high.

>>17206719
Just the looks. I guess body too. Ex didnt have the greatest body either but this girl is a fridge
>>
>>17206737
look here m8, stop comparing yourself or anyone you even have a conversation with to better people. Don't do this to your kids, your gf, your parents, friends, etc. Don't even do this to yourself cos shit like this pisses EVERYONE off
>>
>>17206745
I know it's retarded. How do I stop?
>>
>>17207873
Youre bridging the past and its interfering with your pursuit for a normal you and future. That was then this is now.
>>
>>17206689

Live in the now.

The ex, the past, your 7th birthday party...all gone.

The truth is you believe that your ex was right, and she was good and you were bad. You are wrong. You are still wrapped up in the angst, pain, or whatever you experienced 2 years ago.

>So, take a minute.
>acknowledge your pain about that break up
>think about, in the most basic terms, how it made you feel.
>sit with that feeling, and then choose to feel differently
>live in the now

You are viewing the world through your ex's eyes, and the reality is, she is long gone and who knows when she thought about you last. In fact, who cares, she is gone.

New girl is there. She wants to tickle you pickle. She thinks you are fun to be around.
>>
>>17206689
Yeah. If you don't like the current girl, no matter how great, don't settle.

Of course, also don't be a jerk and just blow her off.
>>
>>17209328
I feel like I would be settling, even though the reality is I'm 4/10 and have had 0 romantic prospects in two years
>>
>>17206689
how could you ever have a relationship with comparing your past relationships?
>>
>>17209002
>choose to feel differently
I don't feel like this is a possible thing to do. Feelings are a choice? I thought they were an involuntary reaction that can only be changed with new contradictory data.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.