[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted to use safe mode but my computer boots up too quickly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: F8_safemode.png (43 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
F8_safemode.png
43 KB, 512x384
I wanted to use safe mode but my computer boots up too quickly for f8. So I typed in msconfig in the start menu and switched msconfig to run safe mode minimal on start up. Only problem was as soon as it got to the password screen it would just restart and I got into a bootloop. My computer can't run safemode for some reason. It's a brand new msi motherboard computer. Then I tried putting in the windows disk it would still bootloop. The only way to be able to use f8 was through inserting my windows disk. Since none of the safe mode options worked I picked last known good configuration. And then I can finally use the install Windows thing.

Only problem is I cannot use repair your computer option because it tells me my version is incompatible even though it's the same disk that was used to install it.

The only thing I can do is use shift f10 for the cmd. But I cannot use msconfig for some reason. It tells me I don't have administrative privileges. When I try to use runas administrator it still doesn't work.

I cannot find bcdedit or even recreate it no matter how hard I try.

I moved my files from my sdd to my 2nd harddrive but it won't let me install because it's MBR not gpt.

I heard the only way to reinstall at this point is to delete all partitions and that'd mean deleting my 2nd hard drive with all my important files.

I have an external hard drive where I want to move these files but it can't find it in the cmd screen. What do I do? I'm stuck
>>
>>17206359
I would take this thread to another more qualified board. /adv/ is mostly just drama queer bois who want to jump on any relationship thread and psychoanalyze. There are some users here who could help, but the tech support is out on lunch and we have no idea how long until they get back. Good luck OP.
>>
>>17206359
Why can't you reinstall onto the first drive and pull you data from the second, you can't format it? Are you sure you're pressing the right button to enter bios? I'd google and double check, my rig is pretty fast and it still leaves time to enter bios. As >>17206427 go ask /g/ in a help/support thread.
>>
>>17206359
"wmic logicaldisk get name" will display a list of drives in cmd anon (no quote marks).
>>
>>17206433
I can get into bios with f11. but I cannot bring up the f8 safemode unless my windows disk is inside to give me enough time to do it.

/G/'so sticky says they're not an adviceasy board and it's inappropriate to ask for help

>>17206443
The. It's not on the list. Guess itshe not detected
>>
>>17206460
/g/ frequently runs "no stupid questions" thread and the like. All else fails go to reddits /r/Techsupport. Try unplugging it and see if you mobo has to have any special options enabled in bios to allow it to run USBs. Again that subreddit is pretty good. Hiren boot CD (or something similar) allows you to create a disk that boots a mini OS from which you could move your files.
>>
>>17206482
There is a data hotplug 1 2 3 4 5 All disabled can I use that for my external
>>
>>17206482
Sata hotplug*
>>
Check your BIOS if you have fastboot enabled.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.