[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are women really detered by short men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: amy.png (71 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
amy.png
71 KB, 268x188
Is this really a thing?
>>
>>17206141
I don't think so
>>
Nah, my husband is an inch shorter than me.
>>
>>17206141
>Is this really a thing?
for some women yes. Most, no
>>
most women just don't want a man shorter than them. Most women are like 5'5-5'7, so that's not too bad
>>
I'm 5'3" and it's really hard to find a girl that doesn't mind my height, even shorter girls.
>>
>>17206141
Yes short guys have it harder with women. Mainly because women equate your height to your ability to protect them and pass good tall genes. They don't think that consciously but that's what their subconscious is telling them.
>>
>>17206141

Yeah.

But so what? Make up for height in other ways.
>>
>>17206274
And don't fall for that over compensating bullshit. There's a difference between trying and over compensating. Dont listen to haters who cant handle that a shorter man can be better than them at something. And if someone says you'll never be a true man or some bullshit, theyre retarded and you should not care what they think.
>>
>>17206290

Definitely this. It's also in the attitude too! A short man has an advantage in quickly becoming cut and having a great body. However, if they let that go to their head, they'll be worse off than before.
>>
>>17206141
Op, women r retarded when it comes to so many things. This is just another part of dealing with them. Even tall men have to deal with taller/better looking men competing for their shallow women. If you don't want a women whos always challenging you over everything(not just height) u have to find a secure smart woman.
>>
File: short_1477545c.jpg (14 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
short_1477545c.jpg
14 KB, 460x288
Tbh I hate when guys who are 5'7-5'9 cry about being short. Like, you're taller than most women. You're only a few inches shorter than average. When women say "Oh, I love short men", those are the heights she's talking about. Once you get to under 5'5" though, it's hell. You have to work a lot harder to even earn some respect.
>>
>>17206318
Dude im 5'7" . Honestly ur right about being taller than gurls but, around 6 feet and up people its kinda annoying. Knowing how people view them smarter and better than me. Men of my height still get shit for being under the average, just not as badly. Dont disregard our feelings;we understand that you have it harder.
>>
>>17206318
Also my friend crys about bein short. Hes 5'11" lol
>>
I'm a 170cm tall man.
My ex-fiancée is 177cm tall.
My last girlfriend is somewhere around that, too.

So NO, it isn't; stop whining, develop character and be happy.
>>
>>17206242
would you be willing to post a picture or maybe link one from /soc/ if you're uncomfortable actually posting it here?

I can let you know if it's your height or your face keeping people from dating you.
>>
>>17206373
This
>>
>>17206376
I'm pretty sure it's not my face. I get lots of matches on Tinder/OKC when I don't mention my height. Usually goes well until I reveal my height.
>>
>>17206389
Bro always reveal ur height. Hiding just shows maximum insecurity.
>>
I knew a dude who was maybe 5'7 who needed a life jacket for all the pussy he was drowning in. I know 5'7 is not that short, but it's definitely approaching manlet tier.

He did the kind of shaved/buzzed head look, stubble. Good looking face. But he was pretty chill and confident about life in general, and I think that's what really drew the ladies.
>>
>>17206394
I do. I just do it sometimes for experimentation purposes, which is when all the matches start coming in.
>>
>>17206396
I live in nyc. Every other guy is 6'2" plus. That doesnt even count for the ocean of nigs i have to deal with who r all like ten feet tall. They view me as some wied advice giver tho cuz i got long hair.
>>
>>17206396
But also i guess you right. Im honestly just a bitch when it comes to girls and desu it has nothing to do with being short. Whenever i accidently flirt cuz im not paying attention i know i could totally get the girl but as stated before im a bitch.
>>
you can certainly overcome it, but it's definitely one of the biggest factors in attraction for women
>>
I'm 5'2". I've dated a guy that was 6'3", and he was too tall for me. Yes, he had the larger, more dominant, more protective vibe, but sex positions were awkward, and I didn't like holding hands with him because our hands rested at different heights which made it uncomfortable for me. Currently dating a 5'9" guy, and the handholding and genitals fitting together is much better
>>
One of the most attractive guys I ever saw was probably about 5'3". Also, I routinely meet guys and think "if only they weren't so tall"
>>
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-021.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-021.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>>17206242
I'm 5'2'' and I like legs and high heels.
>>
Short men are ugly women.
>>
>>17206230
This. My girl is about 5'5 and considers me "tall" despite being 5'9
>>
>>17206223
>for some women yes. Most, no
Reverse this and change some to almost none, and you have the truth.
>>
>>17206141
The only married guy in my office is short, like 5'4". Little physique, big personality.
>>
It doesn't matter really. On the list of things that are attractive to women, height isn't even in the top 5. Don't let your mind be poisoned by /r9k/ and their daily manlet whine threads.

I'm 5'6' and for whatever reason all my 3 gfs have been taller. My current one is 5'10". You just need to not give a shit.
>>
My current girlfriend is taller than me with a good 2-3 inches. Who gives a fuck m8?
>>
>>17206707
What r the top 5 then?
>>
>>17207787
>confidence
>status
>being considerate
>fun to be around
>looks
>>
Deter means avoiding something due to fear so, no. No one fears short men.

But yes it pretty much affects nearly every aspect of life negatively.
>>
>>17207805
Stop hanging out on /r9k/ so much. It's toxic for your mind.
>>
It probably varies a lot from person to person, some will be deterred and some won't.

Although from personal experience I overheard a girl at work just today saying guys need to be at least as tall as her, if not taller.

Basically being tall is a plus but it isn't everything.
>>
i saw this guy at a sandwich shop that was like 4 ft tall. then i saw him at the gym later. literally every guy there was looking at him in awe that he was even trying. im talking like half a dozen or so guys just dropping what they were doing and just starting. the look on his face said that just being alive is hard. no idea how he'd muster the confidence to do well with women. but i think if youre 5'6" you shouldn't have too much trouble because of your height. i think women are starting the realize that height isnt actually an advantage in any way
>>
>>17206141
Some women don't like short men, just like some men don't like tall women. Being short isn't exactly on the "top dog" list of what a woman would want in a man, but it's not going to ruin your life. If you're short and you can't get a girlfriend, then the problem will most likely have to do with your personality.
>>
>>17207919
Lots of women say they want a tall guy. But the reality is that they will forget about that part as soon as a short guy comes and sweeps them off their feet.
>>
>>17206141
Honestly I'd prefer if the guy was at least the same height as me (5'9") but it's not a dealbreaker if he's a little bit shorter than me. It's only awkward if the height difference is really obvious, like at least 4-5 inches. I don't want to look like a towering monster beside him. But I'd overlook it if I was really into him and if we were compatible.
>>
Most women consider height to be very important and is generally one of the most important things during your first impression.
Being short doesn't mean you can't get women it just limits your pool or requires you to have something else to compensate.
>>
>>17206141

5'6" reporting

Had 7-8 gf's, and married twice.

Maybe height helps, but my whole life I have never been afraid to bullshit with people, and generally say whats on my mind. Being a masculine isn't about height, I know tons of lanky pussies.

You can measure the size of the dog in the fight, but you can't measure the size of the fight in the dog.
>>
Im 6'5", I have skinny arms and Im poor. Women like muscles and money, get those and you'll be on easy street.
>>
>>17206141
No, my friend is 5'4 or something and he pulls 3 bitches at once.

He isn't even a model-tier dude or anything, he just goes to the gym regularly and has a nice haircut and girls love being around him

Obviously if you are short AND autistic this may not happen - YMMV
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.